Question Do you trouble staying engaged with games you enjoy?

I find I have a hard time staying engaged with games even if I really enjoy them. I have been in the same cycle with WoW since Cata where I will pick it up for a month or two then not play for weeks to months. Same with Guild Wars 2, Cities: skylines, ESO, Overwatch, pretty much every game I play.

I find it always happens when I feel like I've lost direction or get conflicted on something in the game.

Do you ever experience this? And how do you maintain your interest?

To be perfectly honest, I think the issue for me is one of character that has to do with doing things in absolutes. But that's something I need to reflect on personally.

It happens. I am trying to enjoy Skyrim (for about the hundredth time) and Mirror's Edge again, but I am having trouble staying engaged with them.

I also have problems staying with games I know I should be able to enjoy, like the Witcher III. I want to play it, but something about the game isn't sticking. I do not know why.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    It happens. I am trying to enjoy Skyrim (for about the hundredth time) and Mirror's Edge again, but I am having trouble staying engaged with them.

I also have problems staying with games I know I should be able to enjoy, like the Witcher III. I want to play it, but something about the game isn't sticking. I do not know why.
    I feel that. I like Witcher too, but I just get a bad feeling every time I want to play it.