LastLast
    roles are assigned
    게임 은 어렵~~

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    roles are assigned
    KEL!!!!!

/wave

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Thanks for the info, although it has me a bit of at a loss right now. Does everyone pick a role for themselves or are those assigned by the director?
    Ah, no.

The moderator (@listo95 for this game) will decide the roles for everyone. When the game starts he will send you a private message featuring a rolecard.

If you are a Vanilla Townie it will say something like
    "You are a vanilla townie.
    You have no special abilities, and must rely on your vote alone.
    To win: make sure all the eeeevil mafia members are lynched"
    If you are a mafia goon, it may say something like:

"You are a mafia goon. Alongside Blood Fox and Robozerim, you make up the mafia.
    Every night, one of you can murder another player.
    Please select the choice in bold.
    You may also talk to each other privately in this quicktopic thread at any time.
    To win: you must murder everyone else - or reach a point where nothing can prevent that outcome."

Typically exactly one player will get a role of a cop, doctor and godfather.

The cop can investigate one player every night, to find if they are mafia or town. He must figure out who it is best to investigate, and when to reveal this fact. After claiming and revealing the result, he's probably not gonna live long. But wait too long... and the mafia will randomly manage to kill him. I once managed to postpone my cop claim until Day 7. Still lost. Blood Fox claimed to be the cop on Day 1 (before having any results!) last game, and nobody believed him. So as a result he survived to night 6. It was rather silly

The doctor can save a player from being murdered - he must try to guess who the mafia will try to kill. It's a hard job, but do it right you literally stop the mafia in their tracks. The role is rather powerful, so he usually cannot protect the same target two nights in a row. For game balance reasons. Last game, Cruelle was the doctor, and stopped two kills in 8 game nights alive. That's a very good job done.

The godfather is like a mafia goon, except he shows up as innocent when investigated by the cop. Which helps making that cop innocent investigation all the more difficult to really trust. Last game, the actual godfather was listo, but he was never investigated. So that power was fairly useless... apart from everyone thinking it existed. So when Lora was investigated as town, we still lynched Lora - in what was likely not a brilliant move, thinking he was a lying godfather. He was just a lying VT.

There are other roles as well. Trackers follow a player and figure out who they visited that night. Watchers sit outside the house of someone and pay attention to who comes visiting. It's a super powerful role, and rather rare. Roleblockers prevent a player from going anywhere that night. Often this role is mafia, to ensure they can stop a claimed cop from getting more results. Jailkeepers prevent a player from being visited, as well as visiting anyone - they're literally put in jail. Safe - but ineffective. And then you have the Jack of All Trades - which can do a little of everything, just not every night. Last game the JOAT could do a cop, doctor, jailkeep and track action, once.
    Last edited by Danner; 2018-03-20 at 06:40 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Introduction to Mafia
    INB4 Hunger Games Mafia 2.0: Because @#$! You.

Haha. Yeah, that's always a risk.
    @Dsonsion: The hunger games mafia was a game we had a while back where the moderator was a lying bastard. He told everyone they were a VT. Every single one.
    Then, as people died and revealed themselves to be town or mafia, for every third player dying he would reveal them to be mafia, despite not being true.

The mafia night kill was decided based on who were voted on during the day, rather than actual scum deciding.

The actual winner was the player who figured out this underhanded scheme first, before dying. We call that kind of modding "bastard modding", and it happens every now and then. You are allowed to complain when it does. I of course would never do so. *nervous look*
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    roles are assigned
    My chew toy! Come play with us

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Thanks for the info, although it has me a bit of at a loss right now. Does everyone pick a role for themselves or are those assigned by the director?
    Danner more or less covered everything. Everything except the roles I have predetermined to be in this game will be given randomly to everyone. That won't occur until just before I start the game though.

Currently 11/15 for the minimum that I would like to start the game at.

Danner also forgot to mention he's the most prominent bastard mod in this wonderful place.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Robo keeps poking me about sign ups, so sign me up!

10+ Year Old Account
    roles are assigned
    Come on kel why don't you join us for a game!?

Boo!

Can confirm Danner to be bastard always needlessly trying to take down my innocent serial killer enterprise

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well make it clear just to be safe. If you do not mention signing up in your post I won't count it.

I suppose i could sign up...

Ah, Danner, thanks for going into so much detail for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I do it or not....

Sign me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krayzy View Post
    should i do it or not....

Sign me up.
    krayzy!!!!!!!!!

aye sign I up

- - - Updated - - -

was considering taking a break but we have Mafia royalty playing so i kinda have to

- - - Updated - - -

disclaimer: I know that Krayzy doesnt eat barbecued babes and nor does Catta have a truth serum....

or maybe.....

sign me up too
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted

got a busy week in probably what will be the middle of this game but will still be able to get to the thread at least once or twice a day.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't know if I can handle all the peoples!!

It'll be nice to have you all back for at least this game