Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    No shit Sherlock. My money I earned it why should I give it to the lazy bum who has no ambition at all.
    And herein lies the real problem. RW media and politicians have pushed forward the narrative that all people who need money are lazy bums (e.g. the 47% Mitt Romney comment).

Yes, there will always be some lazy slackers out there. The reality is that the vast majority of people are actually decent people trying to do the best that they can.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...in-one-graphic

The real issue is the increasing lack of empathy due to twisted information being presented and the idiots that accept that twisted information as the truth because they are too lazy to read up on the truth. Indeed, we don't have a lazy bum problem in terms of work ethics; we have a lazy bum problem in terms of thinking and being critical thinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's the attitude, also why should the government give anything to you just because you are a lazy bum that couldn't be arsed building your own roads and power poles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well that's good to know.

Still, I wasn't trying to bash them or anything. Just stating that quite often they just don't have a lot to spare.

That said, it is weird how in the US people seem so trained to treat the wealthy as sacred. I still don't get that, when I was younger it seemed like the public had a deep distrust of the wealthy, of financial institutions, of corporations, and so on. Now that has slowly shifted into this strange distrust of...the working class? Often their OWN class? Distrust of unions, of the poor, of anything that their billionaire influencers disapprove of.

It's very strange.
    As i said above i think it dates back to the cold wars communist vs capitalist mindset

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't blame most people, personally if I had enough wealth I'd be happy to help others. However I would be selective of who I help, because there are some who are just lazy shits (I have friends and family like that sadly) and then there are others who are doing their best. I'd opt to help the latter of the two.

However my first concern is myself and my family, I need to ensure that they are properly taken care of before I can help others financially ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Well I linked you the official food security site, and you linked me "GOATS AND SODA"... what it that even!
    Sounds legit... Not.
    In the science world, only peer reviewed and goverment research is legit. Not random "goats and soda" articles. Your article is an interview of a law professor

Link me something more legit I did! ( http://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com/Country )

P.S. I did not say things are not bad. I said things are worse almost everywhere else.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Well I linked you the official food security site, and you linked me "GOATS AND SODA"... what it that even!
    Sounds legit... Not.
    In the science world, only peer reviewed and goverment research is legit. Not random "goats and soda" articles. Your article is an interview of a law professor

Link me something more legit I did! ( http://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com/Country )

P.S. I did not say things are not bad. I said things are worse almost everywhere else.
    Dude its NPR.

If you want better fact-based reporting, you can check AP and Reuters, there really aren't many options at that caliber of reporting.

NPR is leaps and bounds ahead of most MSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's the attitude, also why should the government give anything to you just because you are a lazy bum that couldn't be arsed building your own roads and power poles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Dude its NPR.

If you want better fact-based reporting, you can check AP and Reuters, there really aren't many options at that caliber of reporting.

NPR is leaps and bounds ahead of most MSM.
    The fact he doesn't even know NPR is FAMOUS for being one of the better sources is kinda sad

Annd he is still fixated on the "food security" bit while ignoring the quality abd safety of said food as well as other contributing factors to revolution(where this started) such as the lack of affordable entertainment(which as i saud before is under attack in the US ironically meanibg the golden oacifier is under attack)

Todays governmemts also have pills to help limit stuff.

Buut all of these can only last so long before it falls apart.

That was the whole point of my original post. He just made it purely about food not an overall quality of life thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds legit... Not.

As Antiganon said if NPR isn't a good enough source for you i dunno what to say.

Also you DO realize the federal wensites have good reason to maintain a certain image fir the nation making at least some stuff suspect.

For instance in their research how do they account for the homeless or the fact that a very large number of americans qualify as being in poverty?

I think more people would be willing to part with some of their money if they could be guaranteed it wouldn’t be abused or wasted. Too many times have I seen someone in need get financial assistance in one form or another just to see them waste it on something stupid and they go right back to where they were before. Case in point: I’ve seen a homeless person get money and then turn right around and spend it on cigarettes and booze.

It’s why I rarely if ever give people in need monetary aid. I usually help in some other way, be it food, clothing, community service, or something of the like. I’ve helped rebuild people’s homes after they were destroyed from natural disasters. I’ve helped work in soup kitchens for the hungry. Its still helping people who need it without actually giving them any of my hard earned money that there is a good chance would just be wasted if I parted with it.

Perfect examples of money being wasted or used improperly can be seen on MMO-C itself. There are people on here who take a government check all the time and turn around and blow it on video games. They’ve even stated as much before. Sorry, but I have an issue with that, especially when they claim they “can’t work” but can sit on a computer all day and post nonsense on here and own every video game console under the sun and play games all day. Sounds to me like they could easily work a job that requires nothing more than them to sit at a computer and type shit.

wonder how much he made doing this study >.> I no longer donate money and rather help friends and people i trust, specifically those that helped me when i needed it (even if it wasn't finical help). I'm very blessed to be back at the income level i'm at and i'm not about to lose it in the name "income equality" , better to give those i know are truely trying.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I think more people would be willing to part with some of their money if they could be guaranteed it wouldn’t be abused or wasted. Too many times have I seen someone in need get financial assistance in one form or another just to see them waste it on something stupid and they go right back to where they were before. Case in point: I’ve seen a homeless person get money and then turn right around and spend it on cigarettes and booze.

It’s why I rarely if ever give people in need monetary aid. I usually help in some other way, be it food, clothing, community service, or something of the like. I’ve helped rebuild people’s homes after they were destroyed from natural disasters. I’ve helped work in soup kitchens for the hungry. Its still helping people who need it without actually giving them any of my hard earned money that there is a good chance would just be wasted if I parted with it.

Perfect examples of money being wasted or used improperly can be seen on MMO-C itself. There are people on here who take a government check all the time and turn around and blow it on video games. They’ve even stated as much before. Sorry, but I have an issue with that, especially when they claim they “can’t work” but can sit on a computer all day and post nonsense on here and own every video game console under the sun and play games all day. Sounds to me like they could easily work a job that requires nothing more than them to sit at a computer and type shit.
    Future reference if on wellfare you aren't legally allowed to save more tgen 2k at least in tbe US so people blowing it makes sense. It is a system that punishes you for saving.

And wellfare unless VERY good at budgeting is not enough to buy all of that. Likely they get financial aid fron family to afford more tgen a "kill me now prisoners get a better life" quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Dude its NPR.
    The fact he doesn't even know NPR is FAMOUS for being one of the better sources is kinda sad
    You guys should really google what "credible source" is.
    Articles on newspapers or radio, are not, unless the actual source is cited.
    Kind of sad you don't know that, but no worries. Google can help
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

You guys should really google what "credible source" is.
    Articles on newspapers or radio, are not, unless the actual source is cited.
    Kind of sad you don't know that, but no worries. Google can help
    NPR doesn't need to cite sources, they ARE primary sources.

They literally interview people, on air, to get their content.

The articles they publish are transcripts of the content that airs on the radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Future reference if on wellfare you aren't legally allowed to save more tgen 2k at least in tbe US so people blowing it makes sense. It is a system that punishes you for saving.

And wellfare unless VERY good at budgeting is not enough to buy all of that. Likely they get financial aid fron family to afford more tgen a "kill me now prisoners get a better life" quality of life.
    Well then, ask a few well known individuals on here how they manage to pull it off without working at all then. They have more gaming systems than I do and I work a full time, 80 hour job with good pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, ask a few well known individuals on here how they manage to pull it off without working at all then. They have more gaming systems than I do and I work a full time, 80 hour job with good pay.
    Wealthy parents? Inheritance? Savings before they ended up on welfare?

I mean if the wife and I had a disaster befall us my teenager would be set for for quite some time. Just because you're being underpaid for the labor you perform doesn't mean that someone else is gaming the system.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Wealthy parents? Inheritance? Savings before they ended up on welfare?

I mean if the wife and I had a disaster befall us my teenager would be set for for quite some time. Just because you're being underpaid for the labor you perform doesn't mean that someone else is gaming the system.
    I’m not being underpaid. I just choose not to blow all of my hard earned money on unecessary shit. I’m just pointing out how some people who cry “woe is me” with their government checks somehow still manage to buy all these nice luxury items in the process. Seems to me like maybe they’re getting more money than they need.

Seems like some people don’t need to be given any extra monetary help if they can afford to sit around all day, every day and play video games.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-03-20 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not being underpaid. I just choose not to blow all of my hard earned money on unecessary shit. I’m just pointing out how some people who cry “woe is me” with their government checks somehow still manage to buy all these nice luxury items in the process. Seems to me like maybe they’re getting more money than they need.
    Or it could be that these 'luxury items' continue to decrease in price while things like rent, education, and healthcare continue to skyrocket.

"How can someone be poor if they have a refrigerator? :'((((("

Seems like some people don’t need to be given any extra monetary help if they can afford to sit around all day, every day and play video games.
    Seems like that's an infinitesimal minority of people that aren't worth going after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Wealth is meaningless beyond being able to self sustain yourself with food and shelter. The older I get, the less important it becomes and the more I value to help people around me. Once you discover the satisfaction of helping people in need there is no turning back. You will need to feel empathy though, more people have issues with it than they would like to admit. Dying with a reserve of pointless money/wealth is such a waste of resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or it could be that these 'luxury items' continue to decrease in price while things like rent, education, and healthcare continue to skyrocket.

"How can someone be poor if they have a refrigerator? :'((((("

Seems like that's an infinitesimal minority of people that aren't worth going after.
    Ironically i agree wity you for once

I have long said NEEDS are too expensove whike luxury is cheap

Never been opposed to economically help those that matter to me. Hell, I have a friend of mine living in my house and it never once crossed my mind to ask him to pay rent or even contribute because he's in a difficult situation - also he's more than a brother than he is a friend. That being said the idea of giving even one cent to someone I don't know is absolutely alien to me. Empathy towards strangers is a mental illness, that's what I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    No, I believe that people refuse to work for whatever reason suits them. That can be laziness and it can be uselessness. However, I built everything that I am from nothing. If me, a disabled penniless veteran with massive medical debt and no degree could make it to where I am now, absolutely no one has an excuse otherwise. I grade people on the standards that I gave myself to succeed, nothing more nothing less. It is the cutting-edge of the real deal that life is. Life is hard and life is unfair, that is a fact and nothing will change that. You choose your circumstance or you choose to do something about it, period.
    No, you don't. Three billion years of natural selection has proven that.

Guess intelligence isn't the cause of your drive, and I very much doubt you had "nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    No, you don't. Three billion years of natural selection has proven that.

Guess intelligence isn't the cause of your drive, and I very much doubt you had "nothing".
    How about you link something that actually proves your point besides personal feelings. Also, name calling doesn't magically turn your baseless bullshit into logic.

You choose do nothing about your circumstance, that is a fact.

Cherry-picking a single sentence and literally ignoring the entirety of the context of the post proves how foaming at the mouth you are with your failure of understanding facts. Go ahead, prove your point with actual real facts instead of your worthless pathetic feelings and utter bullshit snowflake sensibilities. Do you even know what my post is even about, because your response shows how little you read about it? OR can you not even read it? That would make sufficiently more sense, considering your fallacy of a response, cherry-picking and not even realising that you made a point that doesn't contribute to the current topic.