Thread: CPU for WoW

CPU for WoW

Hello,

Looking to upgrade i3-4150. I feel it's holding me back the most.
    Got GTX 970 - going to keep it for couple more years for sure (I only play Blizzard games so all good here).
    2+4gb RAM. Needs upgrade as well, if you have suggestions go ahead, but my main concern is CPU.
    Also using Intel SSD (can't remember which one but oh well).
    What is a good price / performance ratio CPU for WoW? Not going to be used for heavy workload.
    Might try some new(er) games here and there, but totally not interested in 4k gaming or anything like that. Just your regular WoW player with 1080p monitor.

Thanks.

Edit: what about this?
    i3 8100-----111eur
    8gb ddr4-----80eur
    FCLGA1151 mobo-----43eur

total:-----234eur
    Last edited by Tokas; 2018-03-20 at 10:00 AM.

Wouldnt be a huge upgrade, can you link the sites you shop on? Try a search for i3 7350k and a z170 or z270 motherboard. This along with overclocking and a CPU cooler is the cheapest way (besides buying used parts) to increase FPS in WoW.

Ageed, the upgrade will be pretty minimal for the cost. Wait another generation probably sometime in the fall. Or look for AMD next month when they release the new Ryzen branded processors which should also be pretty close. And better upgradeability then Intel. Mind you its still unlikely to be equal to intel IPC but should be close enough where you can save money and use it elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Hello,

Looking to upgrade i3-4150. I feel it's holding me back the most.
    Got GTX 970 - going to keep it for couple more years for sure (I only play Blizzard games so all good here).
    2+4gb RAM. Needs upgrade as well, if you have suggestions go ahead, but my main concern is CPU.
    Also using Intel SSD (can't remember which one but oh well).
    What is a good price / performance ratio CPU for WoW? Not going to be used for heavy workload.
    Might try some new(er) games here and there, but totally not interested in 4k gaming or anything like that. Just your regular WoW player with 1080p monitor.

Thanks.

Edit: what about this?
    i3 8100-----111eur
    8gb ddr4-----80eur
    FCLGA1151 mobo-----43eur

total:-----234eur
    if you want a bigger upgrade, go with Intel - Core i3-8350K, it has 4GHz base clock
    PM me weird stuff :3