Thread: Boosting to 80

Deleted

Boosting to 80

I did play GW2 in betas and release. Now I am back and enjoying the game a lot. Bought the expansions too just so i could do WvW as soon as possible. As you all know I have 2x 80 boosts. I feel like I should use one of them to get this character i like to 80 to unlock mount and gliders + elite skills. All story quests and important zones you should or have to finish can be done at 80 anyway.

Should i do it or am i missing something? For me questing is all the same anyway, so not losing any '' adventure experience '' there + as i said, i can go back and do it.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You won't be losing much if you boost to 80, but I'd still recommend that you level up a character from 1 to 80 first. The first time is always the better, and experiencing the zones in their right levels is more interesting - at least for me. With mounts, everything in the old zones gets trivial (mainly vistas), so there's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    You won't be losing much if you boost to 80, but I'd still recommend that you level up a character from 1 to 80 first. The first time is always the better, and experiencing the zones in their right levels is more interesting - at least for me. With mounts, everything in the old zones gets trivial (mainly vistas), so there's that.
    I understand your point. There is truth in it if it wasnt that I hate leveling no matter what mmorpg i play haha. Good to know that you dont lose something you cant do later on at max level

You can still do the personal story at 80, and the reward bags scale (and give lots of dyes), so do what you want really. It depends on what you're looking to do in the game, which leads back to "endgame" discussions.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You can still do the personal story at 80, and the reward bags scale (and give lots of dyes), so do what you want really. It depends on what you're looking to do in the game, which leads back to "endgame" discussions.
    Ye. in the end i am a pve:er. thats the reason i gave gw2 a chance again because of fractals and raids. Also i just love WvW but seeing they have changed so you dont get exp like you used to in 2012 it feels like im in there wasting my time because i dont have everything a level 80 char have, gliders, skills etc. Sure you get these 1 level increase but very rarely

ill use one of my boosts

10+ Year Old Account
    People reccommend you not boost your first 80 so you can get used to game mechanics. A lot of people end up boosting and having no idea how to play their class or how their class plays with others. Its not like WoW where each class has 4-6 buttons that light up when you need to press them.

The game isnt going to tell you that youre playing like crap until youre in a T4 fractals and they start looking at metrics to see who is being carried.

Its easy to suck at GW2, takes a bit more effort to play efficiently.

In my guild Ive seen players boost without a problem because they did their homework and players who boosted and made the game a lot harder for themselves than it actually is.

Resident Cosplay Progressive