Poll: Do you agree with Will Smiths take on relationships?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'll judge, that's fucking gross and I feel horribly for the dog who didn't deserve to die.
    Yes, yes, it is Celista, I was trying to be sensitive about it. I also don't know what the culture

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I am pretty skeptical about having kids of my own...I know you're supposed to love children unconditionally but I'd disown my kid too, for something like that.

That being said, I have a feeling that a bunch of things went wrong in that girl's life before she decided bestiality was a good idea, but shrug. Who knows.
    Honestly Celista, I am not sure what the fuck would even inspire something like this but, I'll admit I am in agreement with you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ignored the advice of some friends and stayed in a relationship, even though the warning signs were there that I should have broke it off with her. In hindsight, I was just in it for myself and I am glad that that it ended as horribly as it did. It helped me to realize exactly what I don't want in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Trauma can manifest in really odd ways and the same goes for mental health. I've always believed that fetishes walk a fine line between being sexually adeventurous to them stemming from unresolved childhood issues.
    Yeah the first thing that came to mind when I read this is child sexual abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedim View Post
    My wife's dog ran away once when we lived in the mountains. And when we found her there was a coyote close by and when it ran after my wife and her dog I kicked the shit out of it a few times for them to get in the jeep safely. I would 100% do it again if I had to. Not really sure if this counts to your question Op but it is really dumb and I did it because I love my wife and her dog.
    That's not called "dumb."
    That's called "courage."
    It always takes a bit of that to truly love.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The stupidest thing I have done is stay in relationships where I was unhappy for far too long. People show you their true colors in the first 1-2 years of dating and probably about 75% of who they are in the first few months, you can be into a person completely but still the relationship can be unhealthy for you in a lot of ways. I have never stayed around wanting a person to change who they are but I have stayed around far too long hoping the relationship itself would change but like personalities relationship behaviors are pretty hard-wired. Things aren't likely to get significantly better if you're unhappy but good relationships can improve slowly over time.

I guess in sum:

1. Loving someone is not enough for a good relationship
    2. Habits/attachment behaviors are typically ingrained and are not likely to change over time
    3. You can accept a person for who they are but that does not mean you need to accept the quality of the relationship
    4. If you notice a pattern in your relationships then consider that you might be the reason why that pattern exists, and if you want change then you're going to need to some work on yourself.

Probably more but I guess those are the lessons I have learned. Not super profound but shrug.
    So true. It is also sometimes, not even good to be with someone you love.

I agree basically with Will Smith to a point. Happiness does come from within each person. However, some people can have a negative impact on a person's happiness and it is best to not stay in that relationship if that is the case and there appears to be no hope of them trying to adapt or change for the relationship's health.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Stupidest thing was getting in a very long distance relationship. Every Friday for 11 months I'd take the plane and fly 6000 miles away just to stay with him for a little more than a day, then fly back on Sunday. I was permanently jet-lagged and my finances were significantly impacted, but it was worth it. I would do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Getting married was prob the dumbest thing I did.

As for less dumb, but a bit weirder stuff. I dated a girl who occasionally had sex w/ her Great Dane. But because I loved her I asked her not to fuck the dog if we're going to be together that day, she agreed, she actually stopped even before I asked her because she felt that it's akin to cheating >_> We broke up because I had to move to another city. Eventually, the dog was killed by her father after he found out what's going on.
    anyone who shoots a dog should be shot on sight.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    anyone who shoots a dog should be shot on sight.
    I would shoot a strange large dog attacking me in a heartbeat. Not just for barking or snarling, but actually attempting to bite me? In a heart beat. :P

A jogger in Michigan a couple years ago, was attacked and killed by two Rotts.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I would shoot a strange large dog attacking me in a heartbeat. Not just for barking or snarling, but actually attempting to bite me? In a heart beat. :P

A jogger in Michigan a couple years ago, was attacked and killed by two Rotts.
    i'm talking about people who shoot innocent dogs.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Long distance relationship, not ever doing that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Getting married was prob the dumbest thing I did.

As for less dumb, but a bit weirder stuff. I dated a girl who occasionally had sex w/ her Great Dane. But because I loved her I asked her not to fuck the dog if we're going to be together that day, she agreed, she actually stopped even before I asked her because she felt that it's akin to cheating >_> We broke up because I had to move to another city. Eventually, the dog was killed by her father after he found out what's going on.
    I need eye bleach after that mental image.

I was hitting on a friend who was married to another friend at the time. She complained that he was spending too much time on games so I got him the new Heroes of M&M (was a hit at the time and I remembered how pissed she was at him for getting hooked on the previous one). It kinda worked; he got hooked again, she told me I was the scum of the earth but also that she was impressed.

Well, I haven't done anything dumb for love but even so something would still have to be the dumbest. So I guess walking 4 miles to the gas station to get a phone card to call my internet girlfriend in California (I lived in virginia). This was back when long distance calls were a thing.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Spending my entire monthly food budget on a random stuff a Girl I fancied asked me to buy.

A month with nothing but a slice of bread a day is not something I am keen on doing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should be an interesting read and have nothing to do with dog fucking.

Oh, my mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This girl I really liked lived in the neighborhood so I asked her out. I walked into her house, her sister in law was breast feeding but I didn't think anything of it and asked her out. She said no. Later I heard that she thought it was a little creepy for me to ask her out as her sister in law was breast feeding.

Kid's got to eat, right?

Deleted
    I was married...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganko View Post
    I went to another city to my beloved.
    Screw that, why didn't you let her move to your city?

You put yourself in the weaker position from the start.