Poll: Should fakers go on ignore list?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question Should fakers go on ignore list?

My casual guild on a small server was finally able to start M-Antorus last night because cross realm opened so we can finally fill a decent pug. Yay us! (yeah I know a lot of CEs in this forum are unimpressed, but that's not the point. ). All we asked for was AotC, because we were learning ourselves and we're pretty chill about such. But we did check applicants and several who linked AotC did not really have it. My own instinct is to put these people on ignore so we won't be bothered with them cluttering our queue again. There's so many groups out there, they probably won't even notice, but if every raid leader did this, and it got to be a thing, maybe fakers would start thinking twice before using faker addon.

What does the community feel about this?
    (Poll incoming)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    make your group via openraid where you can rate people you raid with (at least you could do that couple of years ago dunno now)
    I will look into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    Definitely, someone who has to lie to get into a raid group doesn't deserve to be there
    They disrespect the group they are trying to join. If someone feels a group's requirements are unreasonable (and AotC is perfectly legitimate requirement to start mythic), they can look for other groups or start their own. Lying just shows they are someone I never want to game with.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I agree, saves time if the same person applies multiple times and lowkey, blizzard should ban those retarded addons.

I would add them to ignore if I had any more space on my ignore list. Glad you dont have to deal with this scummy group of people when only playing m+ as you cant fake raider.io score and itemlvl. Pro tip: your AotC or keystone master doesnt qualify you for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I would add them to ignore if I had any more space on my ignore list. Glad you dont have to deal with this scummy group of people when only playing m+ as you cant fake raider.io score and itemlvl. Pro tip: your atoc or keystone master doesnt qualify you for anything.
    lol yeah that's one thing I disagreed with Preach on. Idk if he was trying to keep it simple or what, but I commented on his YouTube that KSM for M+ was soooo 7.1.5.

- - - Updated - - -

And I agree we need bigger ignore lists.
    Also: IGNORE SHOULD AFFECT B-NET NOT JUST THAT ONE TOON. Got that off my chest. Why are people I ignore on one alt not added to my ignore list for all my toons? Like I'd want to game with them on my druid despite ignoring them on my monk?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It's really up to you. I ignore rarely, but if you feel like it's hurting you to see them in due, go for it.

Fakers will never get above low pugs in wow, you can also easily scan them with addons. I do think we should have some easily accessible addon like raider.io but for raid experience and achievements to protect people from them.

But we did check applicants and several who linked AotC did not really have it. My own instinct is to put these people on ignore so we won't be bothered with them cluttering our queue again.
    How did you check them? I've had people like you say to me recently on a 970 alt w/ 2x Argus HC kills (and ~20x Argus HC on main) that i haven't killed Argus HC before and that my achievements were faked.

In reality the armory for the alt just hadn't updated properly for the last week across both of the kills (it said that they had a 955 panth trink when it was actually 965 as well) and they were not taking into account that the achievement was originally earned on the other character and is account wide so i would be able to link it even if i had not killed AOTC on that character.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2018-03-23 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    Why would anyone fake achievement if they can easily buy it?

Asking for AOTC is rather stupid, it only shows your incompetence. Its being sold 24/7. Ask for first boss on mythic achievement instead.

All we need is the LFG system to evolve, something like including an easy way to track X achievement on that character, you choose which achievement or progress to track, number of X boss kills etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post

Asking for AOTC is rather stupid, it only shows your incompetence. Its being sold 24/7. Ask for first boss on mythic achievement instead.
    And the lfg shows the unequipped ilvl, that's why you need to check gear, artifact lvl (some people got 970 unequipped ilvl with only 72 traits), logs and boss kilss, which is pretty annoying.

Deleted
    My brother's paladin has bugged ilvl, it shows 985, but he cant equip it lol, max 973. So yeah ilvl, fake achievements worth nothing. Asking for mythic kills when you did not kill any is like asking for boost. Its the same as a 900 ilvl player asking for 960 in hc raid.

Deleted
    Definitely linking my trial of style in the future if I ever queue up for a group. ^^

I'd just ignore them (as in not even bother putting them on ignore list), I have the habit of always checking people's armory/raider.io before I invite them anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    My casual guild on a small server was finally able to start M-Antorus last night because cross realm opened so we can finally fill a decent pug. Yay us! (yeah I know a lot of CEs in this forum are unimpressed, but that's not the point. ). All we asked for was AotC, because we were learning ourselves and we're pretty chill about such. But we did check applicants and several who linked AotC did not really have it. My own instinct is to put these people on ignore so we won't be bothered with them cluttering our queue again. There's so many groups out there, they probably won't even notice, but if every raid leader did this, and it got to be a thing, maybe fakers would start thinking twice before using faker addon.

What does the community feel about this?
    (Poll incoming)

- - - Updated - - -

I will look into that.

- - - Updated - - -

They disrespect the group they are trying to join. If someone feels a group's requirements are unreasonable (and AotC is perfectly legitimate requirement to start mythic), they can look for other groups or start their own. Lying just shows they are someone I never want to game with.
    It kinds depends what you want ofc, but I think just looking if people have AotC is a bad idea for mythic. When you are doing a mythic pug, looking up people's logs will enable you to get participants you think are worthwhile, while also not getting people saved when you realise they underperform.

Going the extra mile to fill of your mythic pug is defo worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post

While what you are saying is 100% true, 11/11 M is sold aswell, just to a smaller audience. I also think having requirements which is around the same they provide is fair, not requiring 1 mythic if they have 0 themselves

Fake achivements are annoying for sure but if you pug for mythic it's probably worth actually checking everyone up befor you pull.
    I would put them on ignore at least. On the other hand, I would never pug mythic. Sounds like a pretty miserable experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    While what you are saying is 100% true, 11/11 M is sold aswell, just to a smaller audience. I also think having requirements which is around the same they provide is fair, not requiring 1 mythic if they have 0 themselves
    Anything is better than asking for AOTC. Anything. It can be some achievement from glory meta that players would get if they actually progressed in instance instead of being boosted. AOTC is as meaningless as item level.

Blizzard messed up AOTC by attaching unique mount to it that will be removed at the end of expansion, which caused demand, which caused boosts, which causes scams, spam and fakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    And I agree we need bigger ignore lists.
    Also: IGNORE SHOULD AFFECT B-NET NOT JUST THAT ONE TOON. Got that off my chest. Why are people I ignore on one alt not added to my ignore list for all my toons? Like I'd want to game with them on my druid despite ignoring them on my monk?
    Also, this! So needed.

Deleted
    Faker achievements have been thriving since cata and I don't think they are leaving anytime soon.

Do your research before inviting.

Check logs instead of being lazy and it's not an issue

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There are always players who have lesser quality gear and they perform better than those who have better gear. It takes experience to recognize them. When someone of that magnitude links a fake achievement, I think it's more than valid for them to do so.
    Supported.
    These days even achievement can't guarantee you a place in raid, when leader asking for 970+ for hc Argus, for example.
    You ought to check if player has kill. If not, well, ask him about tries. Question about particular situations in encounter and their actions about it. Just like that. If player does not answer you within 30 seconds, and you want a fast kill - drop it.

Imo yes.

If someone needs to lie to get into a group then he doesn't belong there in the first place.

What did you use to determine if they actually had AoTC or not? A lot, and I mean A LOT of players will link AoTC when playing their alts who don't actually have it, but they themselves have the achievement. I know not too long ago, it wouldn't show up correctly on some sites if you attempted to look up their achievements. In that case, your entire point is moot. Just b/c a specific character doesn't have it, doesn't make the player controlling them bad or a liar.
    Kthxhugsbye