Page 1 of 54
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Master Loot being purged?

Personal Loot is the desired loot rule moving forward.
    Most raids used master loot for tier which is not in BfA.
    Said in the Q&A from today.

Will we be seeing Master Loot leaving the game (for now)? I can't see this being efficient at all for most progression guilds, especially since it's going to completely get rid of the majority of the guilds' loot system.

Edit: Clip thanks to Dredglol

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelievedBetterCrowSwiftRage

edit 2: holy shit, please do yourself a favor and not make yourself look fucking silly by watching this 30 second clip before making a witty (hint: you're not witty or original) reply about the wording of the quote in the first two lines
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-16 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    I very highly doubt that they're removing ML. They didn't say they were. They'll very likely just do what they did in the past few expacs and increase the incentive to use PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Said in the Q&A from today.

Will we be seeing Master Loot leaving the game (for now)? I can't see this being efficient at all for most progression guilds, especially since it's going to completely get rid of the majority of the guilds' loot system.
    No, they're saying most people use master loot because of tier tokens, which won't be present in BFA.

They could make pl give 100% more loot and I still wouldn't use it, it just feels.... wrong. And really bad even more so for people with shit for luck

7+ Year Old Account
    just another huge chunk of the game goes out. Super fucking sad about their decision and rationale behind it.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Excellent. Death to split raids. Get good and learn how to play. 99% of you clear shit with better gear then you need. This only effects world 10 guilds and welp sucks to be them. Maybe content will now last longer cause they can't gear the fuck out of it. Can't wait for the salt. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    just another huge chunk of the game goes out. Super fucking sad about their decision and rationale behind it.
    It's not guaranteed, we can only hope they listen and don't do something so silly, or save 15 bucks a month I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    Excellent. Death to split raids. Get good and learn how to play. 99% of you clear shit with better gear then you need. This only effects world 10 guilds and welp sucks to be them. Maybe content will now last longer cause they can't gear the fuck out of it. Can't wait for the salt. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Not everyone who prefers ML is a split raiding trihard.

Good. /theend

I think they shouldn't prevent other loot options, if people desired them. Why not as an optional loot choice?
    They removed free for all, which I actually used in many situations.

Never understood why they want to remove these things, when they don't impact gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    Its not just death to split raids (which there would probably be easier ways to balance that)... its basically fucking people over who are having bad luck most of the time with getting gear.

Thinking about in this way: Player A comes to every raid, doesnt get jack shit because Persoloot oh LULZ, Person B is there every 2 or 3 weeks because he has to work a lot or whatever and he gets lucky a lot of times; boom, he is probably one of the best geared players in your raid just thanks to pure luck. It's going to be a fucking nightmare for raids that actually want to progress (outside of the World top 10 realm that is).

Personal loot for raiding guilds is basically super shit. Also his reasoning for "Lootmaster is used because of tier mostly" is bullshit because tier sets dont exist anymore, while other things like weapons (which are coming back mind you) and trinkets are also always heavily rolled for in a raid.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2018-03-15 at 07:39 PM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I doubt Master Loot will be removed, unless steps are made make Personal much more appealing in comparison.

Don't care too much personally. Either means I'll get random bits of loot or I'll continue to click a few buttons on an addon after every boss. On one hand I don't have to deal with who should get what while on the other I might get several "u need that?" and what not...

Both have its pros and cons to me. I'll let others fight this battle.

"Most raids used master loot for tier which is not in BfA. " There is no tier in BFA

Weapons would be an issue actually. A bow used by 1 hunter in raid having the same drop % as a staff used by 12 members of the raid isn’t great. And now glaives are being added to that.

To me the only big issue is trinkets. Everything else you can nearly mix and match whatever you get.

It's better this way. PL gives more loot and is healthier for the game.

I see nothing wrong here.
    Last edited by Talvindius; 2018-03-15 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They could make pl give 100% more loot and I still wouldn't use it, it just feels.... wrong. And really bad even more so for people with shit for luck
    Kinda silly to not use it. You can still trade the loot, and you get more on average. It's literally the same as ML, but the loot goes into peoples bags and then can be distributed instead of the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No, they're saying most people use master loot because of tier tokens, which won't be present in BFA.
    Exactly, there's not much incentive to use that feature anymore. PL works well and removes any form of drama and waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Kinda silly to not use it. You can still trade the loot, and you get more on average. It's literally the same as ML, but the loot goes into peoples bags and then can be distributed instead of the other way around.
    Still wouldn't, doesn't feel like an mmo, and takes away from the raid experience. If I'm raiding, with my guild, I want to see all the loot on the corpse, roll for it, and have the ml give me what I win.

And I'm not going to huff and puff about it, I've posted my opinion to blizzard but if they choose to remove ml I guess I'll have 15 extra bucks a month, no big deal really
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-03-15 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You can always trade gear to those people. I raid HC on personal loot and we constantly trade loot to each other.
    Gear trading is an option, but it only really works later in the tier, in other words it'll work exactly like people are doing now. The loss of ML will only significantly impact the first few weeks/months of a tier because people won't be able to trade gear due to the way gear trading works (you can only trade items if it's not an ilvl upgrade). It'll be a problem for a lot of guilds during progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I get that they put a lot of work into developing personal loot, but to push for it being the only option is absurd.

With master loot, you can distribute loot based on need and merit, neither of which are taken into account by personal loot.

People were complaining about loot ninjas in the past. Solution: Don't join master loot pugs if you don't think the master looter is trustworthy.