Can you do hardmodes in Ulduar timewalking?

Can you do hardmodes in Ulduar timewalking? Anyone tried it? Yogg-0 light or firefighter? And how hard are they compared to the original? Thank you.

I have not done them myself, but they can be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but there's no value to it. You don't get extra or better loot and you can't earn achievements.

We tried a few of them without success, but it was also a run full of alts and an unideal comp so they were probably harder than they needed to be. I think they'd be easier than they were back in the day, but still hard enough that its not worth the effort with a group full of randoms or alts even if it did give better loot.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I really wanna do yogg-0 light lol. But im wondering if it isnt a zerg fest but a proper encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I really wanna do yogg-0 light lol. But im wondering if it isnt a zerg fest but a proper encounter.
    Based on my admittedly limited experience, I don't think the hard modes in timewalking are at all as hard as the original hardmodes. They are hard enough to make them not worth doing since there isn't any reward and they're a pain in the ass without a proper coordinated group, but not so hard that it will represent the accomplishment and challenge as doing them as current content was.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yes you can do them, they do give extra loot, a chest that spawns in most cases. All of them are pretty easy for the most part.
    -Flame Leviathan some basic understanding of the vehicles is needed (pyrite stacking + killing turrets).
    -XT some reasonably decent dps is needed to take down the heart, to actually trigger the HM.
    -Vezax was a bit of a struggle with healers (and dps) going oom.
    -Yogg was the only real hard one, but he has been extremely nerfed. Phase 1 only requires 4 adds to explode to trigger P2 (used to be 8). Phase 2 instantly spawns brain room portals right from the start of the phase, then straight away again as soon as induce madness ends (used to be about 1min for the first portals, then a good 20-30s for them to respawn after induce madness). The result of this is that P2 is really easy as hardly any tentacles get active and not a lot of sanity is lost. Phase 3 seems unchanged, 2 shadow beacons the first time, then 3 for every time after that which is how I remember it, and still must be correctly dealt with, the boss or extra adds getting healed will cause a wipe. No guaranteed 100% drop on Mimiron's Head even if you kill Yogg 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy View Post
    All of them are pretty easy for the most part.
    Damn this sucks. I wish it was as the original.

I wonder whats harder timewalking version hardmodes or just get a group of 80 alts and do the non timewalking version?

It sucks blizzard requires wotlk timewalking be 81+ and not 80+ because i have a good geared alt for some old school fun.

You can "try", but most people don't have a clue what they're doing so highly likely to wipe. Hell, many people don't even know they're was a hard mode on the bosses back then. Then people quit and you gotta go get new people.

Group I was in tried to do Iron Assembly HM and wiped, nor could they kill XT's heart.