Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So my first attempt at the Mage Tower was this morning, tried three times in a row, die all three times within the first 90 seconds.

I am not the best DH player, it's my down the list alt, he's only i946, I only do like 1.3M dps on him.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...in/dingohunter

Anyways, I start off attacking the main guy, doing the Demonic ST rotation, and then the Ice Shards drop on me, and I was told to hit Chaos Nova to get out of those ? So I press CN, and die each time. Some of the videos I have watches tell you to hit Chaos Nova when the ice drops to jump out of it. So that's not working, what's the best way to escape out of the ice ?

And am I supposed to wear different Legendary's in this fight ? I only have the Raddon's helm, Siphoz's ring, the Chest, the other ring that allows two talents, and the Tank belt
    Just... Eye Beam them away? I dunno, seems like there is no reason to make this complicated with jumping / Nova mechanics, just press your eyebeam and destroy them.

can you still double jump fel rush the spikes?

Double jump and Fel rush over them. That's it.

If you're dying to razorice you're not jumping high enough, that's really the only way to die to it. The ice shards are basically a non issue for the fight unless you're walking/jumping into them. Don't push forward at all, just double jump and felrush at the top of it. There's really nothing else to do besides that. You don't have to destroy the shards.

This is the guide I used - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cynZVGxLt8
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-05-20 at 10:24 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I did it yesterday with ilvl 922, compared to Affliction Warlock (without cheesy ring!) this was a blast, took me 6 tries to reach P2, easy enough after that (i did it without changing talents, too).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Ilvl 946 and struggling? Then it's simply your skills and mechanics. I remember people doing it around ilvl 890 -920. Just go watch some videos on YouTube
    I am ilevel 909 and I just can't survive the first half of the encounter. Some flying orb hits me or I autoheal too little when I can't eye beam.

I think I could take p2 (in my raid build I do 1 million dps) but p1 tooks forever and I end up dying.

I do not want to raid and go m+ to get more ilevel since I only wanted to unlock the artifact skins and I am a lonely wolf... But probably I would have to do it :/

I really do not want to insult you or anything, but the things you described are the EASY part of phase 1.
    Flying orbs and ice shards should both be no issue at all to you. The problems normally start when the mirror images spawn (lets call that Phase 2).
    If you have a constant problem dodging the shadow balls, you need to improve your skill in dodging them. If you can not manage to do that at all, you will just be destroyed in the mirror image phase that has way higher movement requirements.
    But here is the catch: You can just practice. There is no shame in being bad at dodging stuff if you never had to do it before or just never cared. And there is no shame in doing 100 tries. Hell, I'm a mythic raider and I spend A LOT of tries on this. I can not remember how much but it was more than 50 until I reached Phase 3 for the first (and only) time.
    And yes, in that 50 tried I also had a few where I died to shadow orbs simply because I was annoyed or not concentrated enough because I had already done it so many times and I just wanted to get to the damn mirror image phase.

Long story short: Don't give up, increase your itemlevel if you want to (even raidfinder should give you some decent upgrades, try to get the 4 bonus from Argus) but do not think that itemlevel will save you in this challenge if you are dying to void orbs. So no matter what you do, continue to try dodging that shit.

Just do not give up. You can do it.

Deleted
    I did the challenge with my arms warrior with a similar ilevel and was much easier. It's about the time it takes to trigger every change of abilities and autoheal

I'll still try but I see I'm too low dps/survivality for p1.

Survivability should really not be your problem at all. You have a lot of Damage reduction with Blur and you spend a lot of time in demon form.
    Wait, perhaps that is the problem - What talents are you using? Are you even using Demonic?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    I did the challenge with my arms warrior with a similar ilevel and was much easier. It's about the time it takes to trigger every change of abilities and autoheal

I'll still try but I see I'm too low dps/survivality for p1.
    I did this as a fresh, inexperienced DH, 915.

The wowhead guide covers about every aspect, though I personally forgot to enchant/gem.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Also if you don't want to raid or M+, farm the open world bosses in Argus and the invasions. It takes like 10 minutes a day to do all the invasions and you can buy a piece of 910 gear every couple of days. Once a week complete the quests for Pristine Argunite and Invasions and you get another free piece of 910 gear. That should help raise that ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Survivability should really not be your problem at all. You have a lot of Damage reduction with Blur and you spend a lot of time in demon form.
    Wait, perhaps that is the problem - What talents are you using? Are you even using Demonic?
    Yes, I am doing p1 as demonic, however his arcane nukes hit my 3.8 million health pretty strong and the fight is really long. I need more dps/health I think.

I'm with prydaz too.

Don't know, with the arms warrior looked really easy, only took a few attempts, with similar ilevel I did a lot more damage and healed a lot more too

edit:

I did some lfr and upgraded my gear from 909 to 924.

Next time the mage tower is available I'll try if now I can survive better.

The sim with the gear and talents of the p1 sims me with 980k, while the sim with the gear and talents for p2 sims me with 1.16M.

hope it'll be enough.
    Last edited by mmocf8e41d50f7; 2018-05-24 at 09:42 PM.

P2 is super easy, though. I got there once and that was for the kill. The adds move so goddamn slow, even without a stun you have plenty of time to kill them.

I did them both this past week at an average of 950ilvl across both specs. With consumables I pushed xylem into phase two before he even went into anything else but frostbolt casts...the tank one was the same thing died on my first try because I was lazy and stood in the aura but next try I trucked it with my eyes closed bascially . Best of luck to ya just grab your consumables grab drums and blow him up.

Deleted
    Hello guys,
    last week with 909 ilevel I barely couldn't survive p1.
    This week with ilevel 921 it's been a really easy.

First of all I did p1 without any difficulties nor did I have been near death not even one, with demonic build, prydaz and acherus.

However at p2 I realized I did not have tome of tranquil mind and I could not switch to my unitarget build, moreover, I got nervous and did not equip my gear for that phase (with anger of the half giants).

then I went to Stormwind and bought 50 tranquil of tome minds and returned without getting me from the mailbox. And then I realized I did not bring them lol and I also did not switch my gear. However, with the experience on my previous fight I just kept the artifact skill and made sure I had eye beam for one the three adds came and did the boss with around 1/4 of the room still free.

I did and overall of 1 million dps counting both phases.

Now my next head ache is gonna be unlocking the tints that requires killing kil'jaedn and winning 10 rated bg. I probably won't unlock them but well, the purple one which is the one I want is only doing 10 dungeons.

Do you know if I can just dun 10 legion random heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Outgeared the @ out of this but still failed a lot until I learned to not touch any movement keys after double jump from freeze. Outgeared it so much I used any spells only on bosses and didn't get any mirror phase ... :| So if you are 960ish+ with good gear just tunnel the boss and avoid aoe (freeze and under the spawn) and it's the easiest I ever saw.
    Use Fel Rush for the frost... Alternatively, Blade Dance practically kills them.

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    Hello guys,
    last week with 909 ilevel I barely couldn't survive p1.
    This week with ilevel 921 it's been a really easy.

First of all I did p1 without any difficulties nor did I have been near death not even one, with demonic build, prydaz and acherus.

However at p2 I realized I did not have tome of tranquil mind and I could not switch to my unitarget build, moreover, I got nervous and did not equip my gear for that phase (with anger of the half giants).

then I went to Stormwind and bought 50 tranquil of tome minds and returned without getting me from the mailbox. And then I realized I did not bring them lol and I also did not switch my gear. However, with the experience on my previous fight I just kept the artifact skill and made sure I had eye beam for one the three adds came and did the boss with around 1/4 of the room still free.

I did and overall of 1 million dps counting both phases.

Now my next head ache is gonna be unlocking the tints that requires killing kil'jaedn and winning 10 rated bg. I probably won't unlock them but well, the purple one which is the one I want is only doing 10 dungeons.

Do you know if I can just dun 10 legion random heroics?
    10 different dungeons! Heroics do work, though.

If you have Raddon's Cascading Eyes, the ice is your friend. Eye Beam them, get you out instantly, plus gives you a butt-load of fragments for any heals you needed.

Fragments heal you in havoc spec?

With the empowered concordance in effect, how’re people finding the mage tower now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyff View Post
    Fragments heal you in havoc spec?
    Yeah, in Havoc each soul frag is 25% max health.