Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    A trickle through soil and rocks that aint used to holding back a entire ocean that will leads to fissures that will sink into both of those ponds and like you said Mulgore is below sea level.

Now i aint a geologist and i highly doubt blizz will sink Mulgore underwater cause of the Tauren starting zone but you yourself cant deny that the sea water isnt biting into the soil that is heading north toward the plains of Mulgore even though thats not prolly gonna happen in game.
    No here is why.
    1. Lots of pillars. There is Many many pillars in thousand needles, these act to break up any waves. Stopping any high levels of erosion, also they are still there and the map is underwater but the zone is unaffected, and again we know why this happened same happened to ungoro.

2. The amount is insane. It has to go through two mountain ranged and then through half of mulgore as the bottom half is far above sea level.

3. That is not how it works. Large mountains like that do erode, but it takes hundreds of thousands of years... Not 7 or 8. Now stuff like running water. And large waves can make erosion happen faster.

But the water is stagnant, and the waves would be broken by all the pillars so no. It is not happening.

4. The map in questionn is the barrens warfront. Now mulgore is copied over in the wide clip, but is not visible, so well it makes no sense. The same thing that happened with silithus and how ungoro is not visible, and so it is fine that is became filled to the brim with water.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-03-25 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No here is why.
    1. Lots of pillars. There is Many many pillars in thousand needles, these act to break up any waves. Stopping any high levels of erosion, also they are still there and the map is underwater but the zone is unaffected, and again we know why this happened same happened to ungoro.

2. The amount is insane. It has to go through two mountain ranged and then through half of mulgore as the bottom half is far above sea level.

3. That is not how it works. Large mountains like that do erode, but it takes hundreds of thousands of years... Not 7 or 8. Now stuff like running water. And large waves can make erosion happen faster.

But the water is stagnant, and the waves would be broken by all the pillars so no. It is not happening.
    But those mountains sure dont look like granite mountains to me so who knows what soil they are made up of?

Compact dirt wouldn't stand a chance against a sea tide no mater how many pillars break the water plus its not about that its about if the soil isnt hard it could create fissures and holes that could seap into the other pool of water and that could seap into the next pool of water.

But hey we both aint geologists and we really dont know the structure of the rock that is holding the water back so its clearly both speculation.

The last 2 pages of comments make me wonder what the point is in posting. People are clearly just ingoring the very simple explinations they've been given that explain why it looks like that, just to speculate on their own theories and tell everyone else why they're wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    But those mountains sure dont look like granite mountains to me so who knows what soil they are made up of?

Compact dirt wouldn't stand a chance against a sea tide no mater how many pillars break the water plus its not about that its about if the soil isnt hard it could create fissures and holes that could seap into the other pool of water and that could seap into the next pool of water.

But hey we both aint geologists and we really dont know the structure of the rock that is holding the water back so its clearly both speculation.
    1. Its not a sea tide.
    2. They are straight wall mountains and have stood that way for many many years. Thousands. So its not like water is suddenly going to make it all collapse.
    3. The other two pools of water you see in the map are much much higher then sea level, they are up on top of the mountains and have been for a long time. So idk how you think the water from the ocean will seep UP to the ponds ONTOP of the mountains
    4. No, but I did get a plaque for being the most developing student in science.
    Even with ocean waves, and rushing currents 7 years could not erode that much land. Let alone with unmoving water, and no waves. I am off to bed or I would draw a line and go in game to shoe you just how much land and mass you are implying would be moved by stable water.

And again water just existing does not erode things, it needs to move. So a simple crack with water just sitting in it won't cause movement, it needs to move. There need sot be "friction" and well there is. But is is very, very ,very little. Again look back to pillars breaking waves. And water being deep and stable temperature wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    The last 2 pages of comments make me wonder what the point is in posting. People are clearly just ingoring the very simple explinations they've been given that explain why it looks like that, just to speculate on their own theories and tell everyone else why they're wrong.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it's not gonna happen. As it was already explained, Mulgore is not gonna be flooded. A certain relief

Tbh, I liked most Azeroth zones revamp in Cata, but 1k needles change was a mistake. The zone isn't popular among levelers, people tend to avoid it. Too much phasing and extremely linear questline ruin it even further.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2018-03-25 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Jaina with a significant powersource, similar to focusing iris.

no way jaina would do this, she has a lot of respect for the tauren, they warned her about Theramore

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. Its not a sea tide.
    2. They are straight wall mountains and have stood that way for many many years. Thousands. So its not like water is suddenly going to make it all collapse.
    3. The other two pools of water you see in the map are much much higher then sea level, they are up on top of the mountains and have been for a long time. So idk how you think the water from the ocean will seep UP to the ponds ONTOP of the mountains
    4. No, but I did get a plaque for being the most developing student in science.
    Even with ocean waves, and rushing currents 7 years could not erode that much land. Let alone with unmoving water, and no waves. I am off to bed or I would draw a line and go in game to shoe you just how much land and mass you are implying would be moved by stable water.

And again water just existing does not erode things, it needs to move. So a simple crack with water just sitting in it won't cause movement, it needs to move. There need sot be "friction" and well there is. But is is very, very ,very little. Again look back to pillars breaking waves. And water being deep and stable temperature wise.
    Ok Professor i will take your word for it.

But i know the Argus factor may or maynot have had a effect on tidal forces.

But we dont know how the tidal forces of argus effect is plus we both dont know the soil or rock formation of that cliffs that border the Mulgore area are.

Plus the forces that hit Azeroth when Sargeras shoved a massive fucking sword into it which was not a million miles away from Mulgore or Thousand needles! Who knows if that caused a few splashes that fell into Mulgore??!!!!!

If you really are a scientist then you wouldnt come to a conclusion without knowing all the variables.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-25 at 09:51 AM.

But i know the Argus factor may or maynot have had a effect on tidal forces.
    If Argus had any gravitational impact, we'd be looking at two expanding fields of cosmic rubble now, not two planets. So there is no Argus factor. Whatever the portal did, it didn't transfer gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The sea.

There is the sea around the continent.
    I am aware of the sea. Still placed tiles. There are hacked map editors for WoW and they all start with flat plane perfectly importable to the game. There's no water unless you add it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I am aware of the sea. Still placed tiles. There are hacked map editors for WoW and they all start with flat plane perfectly importable to the game. There's no water unless you add it.
    Something in the way they generate minimaps causes sea level to fill any basin below sea level, unless accounted for. We saw this before with Un'goro and now with Mulgore. The water isn't actually there, but the minimap generates as if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagumum View Post
    no way jaina would do this, she has a lot of respect for the tauren, they warned her about Theramore
    Whether they are tauren or orcs at this point anyone in the horde is someone Jaina despises.

Oh no, is this: Un'goro is flooded all over again? Please, maps are created from ingame-content, not drawn. Also if Warfronts are scenarios, it doesn't matter if Mulgore is flooded or not, since you will not see it anyhow. It will be fixed not to show up in the minimap, but it's useless to fix things that you never will see (except you exploit the way out)

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it's just because Mulgore is below sea level and the devs didn't bother fixing that, because Mulgore won't be accessible in whatever map this is for.

Can we please just have this thread closed? It's already been confirmed why it showed up as flooded on that minimap generator and debunked that it is planned to be flooded in-game. People keep seeing the thread title and skipping to the back without having read the first 4 pages where it's debunked. And so, the thread continues.

The only body of water that could reach Mulgore from Feralas is a lake, the rest of the sea and have to go trough all of Feralas to reach, including defying gravity and moving uphill.

Theonly way Mulgore could ever be flooded was if Blizzard said so because all natural occurances is sheer physics defying in just about every sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It’s not being flooded.

Mulgore is below WoW’s sea level. When they edit and instance the world map it causes zones under a certain elevation to be covered with water. Same thing happens to Sholazar Basin in the Wintergrasp map

So no need to freak out. It’s not going the way of 1k needles
    Since someone necro'd this thread, allow me to point out this comment, that is frankly, the likely answer. We won't see Mulgore flooded, and it's appearing that way because of the way it lies below sea level. When editig maps, remember that water is underneath much of the world, as a sort of lazy way of keeping water at the right level for the seas.