Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    To break into this topic. Genuine question to those having 10m+ gold.
    How much time are you spending in wow on an average week? And what is your business, are you farming stuff? Crafting stuff? Just using the AH and nothing else?

I'm asking because I tried to make gold a few times, and couldn't find the right balance between standing at the AH browsing/buying/selling and being out in the world gathering or running old stuff for transmog purposes. The best I ever did was around the Cata days where I started off with 2k gold on my person and by the end of Cata I had around 300k, but that included flipping a TCG mount so I'm not really looking at that as 'good goldmaking'.
    Some people farm transmog items, but most big transmog sellers just run scans and such to grab expensive items that are posted far below their value by people that don't know its worth(or simply don't really care).

The same often goes for most other items. Goblins flip rather than farming. Buy low, sell high. It takes knowledge. I wouldn't recommend trying to flip transmog items for people that are new to this. Well, possibly on low pop realms.

I'm spending way too much time on WoW every week, but very little of that by the AH.
    I mostly sell stuff that I get while doing any max level content. Stuff I get while doing legacy dungeon/raid runs(which isn't that often as I don't have time). If something isn't selling for a nice amount or if it isn't selling at all, I 99% of the time store it in a guild bank and hope for better times.
    Other than that I sell glyphs, some (low level) enchants, shirts, crafted transmog items, enchanting mats, bags, battle pets, vendor items(buy an item for 5 silver and sell for 100 gold), etc. Niche markets and crafting mats I know people want. And a bit of flipping, but not much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I personally looked at gold farm guides. Problem with those however is that the worth of the items are never as high in my own server. So while they might be able to make 50k an hour it's closer to 20 or 30k for me.

But what I've been doing is simply farming Mars that are used in crafting. Ghost iron ore used to make sky golem is a good example.
    Primal fire is also sold for a good amount.
    I had about 60k a week ago or so. Them I started farming and making gold and now i have 240k atm, but that's not nearly enough.

I think the problem is that we got into gold making too late in the expansion. Nothing sells for a lot at this point. So my plan is to focus less on instances at the start of BfA and more on farming and crafting
    I'd say the opposit. With no new content a lot of people will buy transmog items and level alts+professions, so low level things will sell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I dunno man.
    I just know my current gold farming tactic is bringing me a good amount of gold. Already at 1.1m gold.
    Didn't say no one farm stuff to sell. I just know most goblins don't.