Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Player dependant. I win majority of random bgs as ww/mw

Any class that has a good player behind it.

5+ Year Old Account
    , This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.

ret pally balance druid affliction warlock shadow priests

In this order:

1. Demonology Warlock
    2. Affliction Warlock
    3. Shadow Priest
    4. Balance Druid
    5. Arcane Mage
    6. Elemental Shaman

Good ranged players will always have the advantage in overall dps because they can spread their damage to a lot of targets at once. In reality, all those specs get focused hard against good players, so it's more common to see specs like Ret Paladin dominating the meters.

As far as killing blows go, any good player can top the charts. Execute classes (ie. Warrior) have the advantage there since they can snipe kills.
    Last edited by Danvash; 2018-04-09 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Affliction WL seem really strong to me because they have lots of damage and can heal themselves extremely well. Ele shamans are able to kite almost any melee in a 1on1 to infinity. Rets are pretty awesome because they have strong cooldowns, do well in 1on1 and have great aoe damage for the zerg. Every healer is very impactful. On the counterside you have almost all melees that don't have strong survival skills, because most of them tend to not last long when there's no healer behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Basically in random bg's the classes that do well are the ones with high survival. Even if your side does get a healer, the chances are that healers healing priority is not going to be you even if your holding a flag. So any class that can not survive easily solo is out. (So that is definitely not shadow priests.)

Ele shamans, Warlocks (all flavours), Hunters, And almost all melee do well without support.

The list is slightly different if you add in a few healers and a team that is minded to protect the weaker members (this would be called a rbg)
    yep pretty much this, its funny how most people here mistake RBGs for random BGs

thats why people list specs like feral or moonkin which have 0 survivability when 2-3 people jump them

ret is usually dominating in 90% of my games, ele shamans are strong, warlocks obviously, then DKs, mistweaver monk...rest is team and enemy dependant, listing specs that can dish out serious damage while left alone is not helpfull to anybody

best specs for random BGs are ones that can 1v1 very good, defend reliably or are hard to kill...sorry but I dont see many specs doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Any class that has a good player behind it.
    This!

Everyone is a hero in bgs if they arent horseshiet at the game

5+ Year Old Account
    In the 10-19 bracket disc priests.

Any melee or ranged multi dotters. The rest is trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    Who are the most annoying/top DPS specs to play in Random Battlegrounds?
    The most annoying: Havoc DH, WW Monk, Fury/Arms Warrior, Sub Rogue and Frost DK. Maybe Affliction lock too.
    Top dps: SP, Affliction. But SP is really squishy 1 vs 1. Arcane Mage maybe.

On the bottom i would list Moonkin: no dmg no survivability, useless spec, Fire Mage, no dmg no survivability, enhancement shaman, probably the worst spec to pvp with.

So I have done way to much random BGs this xpac, this is purely based off my opinion from what I seen/feel (some of the classes I feel are OP, others are not, just arent focused in randoms so they get away with more)

Wreckers: Spriest, Aff Locks, Rets, Fury, Frost Dk
    Not Wreckers but huge impact on game: Tank DH, Holy Priest, MW
    Honorable Mention: Ele shamans, DH

Someone pointed this out earlier but I want to say it again, for random BGs, someone who has mastered their class and really good at it will wreck and make that class look god tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    The most annoying: Havoc DH, WW Monk, Fury/Arms Warrior, Sub Rogue and Frost DK. Maybe Affliction lock too.
    Top dps: SP, Affliction. But SP is really squishy 1 vs 1. Arcane Mage maybe.

On the bottom i would list Moonkin: no dmg no survivability, useless spec, Fire Mage, no dmg no survivability, enhancement shaman, probably the worst spec to pvp with.
    Idk about enhance being the worst. I always seem to do well with mine in random bg's.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

It's not Mages, i can tell you that. Honestly hope this template sods off in BFA, along with the absurd amount of mobility and cc. Which seems to be somewhat happening, at least, i saw monks cc take a nerf last time i checked.