Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Looks like Monks got passive utility in BfA.

Just started a Monk in BfA and noticed they now get a passive called Mystic Touch which increases physical damage taken by 5%. Same as Rogue's Expose Armor I guess.

Not great, but better than nothing.

All 3 specs get it, so I guess MWs will have to CL mobs in M+ if there are no other Rogues/Monks in grp.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Thanks for a half-wrong info that's like 4 or 5 weeks old.

Monks are, right now, the only Class that apply the pDMG-Debuff, Rogues lost it.

Rogue's have never even had that utility in the alpha.

They only had it in the blizzcon build.

Monks right now are THE ONLY class that has it.

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Rogue's have never even had that utility in the alpha.

They only had it in the blizzcon build.

Monks right now are THE ONLY class that has it.

/facepalm
    They did have it in the first alpha release build that was streamable though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    This kid only posts negative troll responses all day. Just put him on ignore like most people have and don't worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Thanks for a half-wrong info that's like 4 or 5 weeks old.

Monks are, right now, the only Class that apply the pDMG-Debuff, Rogues lost it.
    Well, I only got into Alpha last week, so EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, princess.

Anyhoo, it's not as good as the +5% magic debuff DHs are getting, but at least now we have a reason to bring at least 1 Monk to raids. Which is nice.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    This kid only posts negative troll responses all day. Just put him on ignore like most people have and don't worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I only got into Alpha last week, so EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, princess.

Anyhoo, it's not as good as the +5% magic debuff DHs are getting, but at least now we have a reason to bring at least 1 Monk to raids. Which is nice.
    Not like it matters if the buffs are equally good, you'll bring 1 of each unless overall balance is completely fucked. You also don't need to be in alpha to know things or pay attention to changes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Not like it matters if the buffs are equally good, you'll bring 1 of each unless overall balance is completely fucked. You also don't need to be in alpha to know things or pay attention to changes.
    Well, I do pay attention to things and never read any notes that mentioned Monks getting it. Feel free to point out the patch where it shows it.

Well, I do pay attention to things and never read any notes that mentioned Monks getting it. Feel free to point out the patch where it shows it.
    http://www.wowhead.com/class-changes...r-azeroth#monk

first thing listed in monk general category

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about but Expose Armor never existed in the alpha, only in the blizzcon build. It like Legacy of the Emperor never existed in alpha. People just fucking assumed those buffs still existed for a week or so before realizing, they in fact did not. If you haven't been in alpha since day 1 please don't post false information.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolling is pointing out false information now?

Care to point where Expose Armor exists in the alpha?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/class-changes...r-azeroth#monk

first thing listed in monk general category
    Oh. I only use MMO-Champ to check changes.

that's unfortunate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about but Expose Armor never existed in the alpha, only in the blizzcon build. It like Legacy of the Emperor never existed in alpha. People just fucking assumed those buffs still existed for a week or so before realizing, they in fact did not. If you haven't been in alpha since day 1 please don't post false information.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolling is pointing out false information now?

Care to point where Expose Armor exists in the alpha?
    https://youtu.be/QjZmeM1vlz4?t=799

Oh no what there seems to be? Get off your high horse.
    Last edited by keqe; 2018-03-29 at 08:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

So they are the only class with that debuff and a few talents were made baseline. Things are really looking good for monks so far don't they?
    I am on the fence to reroll to WW and the recent changes are very convincing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then blizzard will remove this passive utility because other class players are unhappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    So they are the only class with that debuff and a few talents were made baseline. Things are really looking good for monks so far don't they?
    I am on the fence to reroll to WW and the recent changes are very convincing.
    It's definitely better than what they have in Legion, but in the end, it's still no where near as essential as having a Lock or a Lust/Heroism in the raid.

In the end, what will determine whether Monks are welcomed will be their numbers. If WWs aren't pushing the deeps or MWs not pushing the HPS, they will be overlooked. The utility they are getting aren't enough to guarantee them a spot IMO.... but it still helps.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Then blizzard will remove this passive utility because other class players are unhappy.
    oh look, guess who is banned again.

Monks need a passive for the raid. Monks need a spec that puts them ahead of druids and every other hybrid for that matter, need more people playing monks or just erase them completely. Second least played class, I dont know why, but hardly anyone plays BrM, Mist at all. Seems people are hung up on self sustained healing tanks now, and every other healer can beat a mistweaver.

Just started a Monk in BfA and noticed they now get a passive called Mystic Touch which increases physical damage taken by 5%. Same as Rogue's Expose Armor I guess.

Not great, but better than nothing.

All 3 specs get it, so I guess MWs will have to CL mobs in M+ if there are no other Rogues/Monks in grp.
    The debuff was applied when i rolled into a pack of mobs and SCK.

Do you have to 'hit' or is it applied just being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Do you have to 'hit' or is it applied just being there.
    Has to hit. Can be a tick of CJL if you're ranged and like above poster said you can SCK and apply it to a pack of mobs in melee.

Once it's applied it's there until mob dies. In PvP it lasts like 1 min or something.