Page 1 of 41
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,630

    UPDATED: This is why it is hard to trust police.

    https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/03/25/us/...era/index.html

    An unarmed man is shot he did run however he was shot twenty times in his backyard it is claimed that he was breaking windows surely tasers are a thing.

    That though isn’t the problem.

    Why did officers mute their cameras to then speak among themselves after the shooting? Were they crafting a story? Why can these cameras even be muted to begin with?

    About seven minutes after Sacramento police fatally shot an unarmed black man in his grandmother's backyard last week, officers were instructed to mute their body cameras.
    Stephon Clark, 22, was in the backyard March 18 when two police officers shot him 20 times. Police said they thought he was holding a gun. But investigators say they did not find a weapon at the scene, only a cellphone near the man's body.
    The Sacramento Police Department on Wednesday released two body camera videos, the 911 call, the helicopter footage and radio traffic from the shooting.
    In both videos, an officer can be heard saying, "Hey, mute." Directly after, the video goes silent and officers talk among themselves.


    UPDATE:

    autopsy contradicts officers statements you know the story they likely made up while they muted their microphones. It is believe he was shot in his side turned, and was shot 6 times in the back and once in the leg. This directly contradicts what the officers said happen:

    Stephon Clark, the 22-year-old black man shot and killed by Sacramento police earlier this month, was shot eight times, at least six in the back, an independent autopsy commissioned by Clark's family found.

    Family lawyer Benjamin Crump said the findings of the family's autopsy contradict the narrative put forth by the Sacramento Police Department.

    The results were released at a Friday news conference by forensic pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu, who conducted the autopsy.

    The first wound was to Clark's side, which led Omalu to conclude Clark was facing the house when he was first shot. Six other shots hit him from behind and one in the thigh. The Sacramento Police Department has said Clark was shot at 20 times.

    Sacramento Police initially said "officers believed the suspect [Clark] was pointing a firearm at them."

    "Prior to the shooting, the involved officers saw the suspect facing them, advance forward with his arms extended, and holding an object in his hands," Sacramento Police said in a release a few days after the shooting. "At the time of the shooting, the officers believed the suspect was pointing a firearm at them. After an exhaustive search, scene investigators did not locate any firearms. The only items found near the suspect was a cell phone."
    Last edited by Themius; 2018-03-31 at 05:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why did officers mute their cameras to then speak among themselves after the shooting? Were they crafting a story? Why can these cameras even be muted to begin with?
    because shooting someone isn't easy, no matter what your job is. if you watched the helicopter footage, you'd see what appeared to be him holding his hand together like he was possibly holding a gun, you can even hear them calling it out that it appeared he was holding a gun to them. you don't walk towards police with something in your hands.
    Last edited by zhero; 2018-03-25 at 10:45 PM.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,771
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    because shooting someone isn't easy, no matter what your job is. if you watched the helicopter footage, you'd see what appeared to be him holding his hand together like he was possibly holding a gun, you can even hear them calling it out that it appeared he was holding a gun to them. you don't walk towards police with something in your hands, yes, towards, not away.
    So you have to be scared for your life for the sheer fact that the police might even mistake you have a weapon in your hand and kill you preemptively for no good reason? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

    Also they should be thoroughly investigated for muting their sounds right after as there is no scenario where that doesn't put suspicion on them. Being able to mute their cameras shouldn't even be an option in the first place.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  4. #4
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,630
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    because shooting someone isn't easy, no matter what your job is. if you watched the helicopter footage, you'd see what appeared to be him holding his hand together like he was possibly holding a gun, you can even hear them calling it out that it appeared he was holding a gun to them. you don't walk towards police with something in your hands.


    Mmhm okay but why mute cameras?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Mmhm okay but why mute cameras?
    Mute microphones*
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Mmhm okay but why mute cameras?
    Pretty sure it was a microphone that got muted and not the camera.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

    #IStandWithGinaCarano

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Also they should be thoroughly investigated for muting their sounds right after as there is no scenario where that doesn't put suspicion on them. Being able to mute their cameras shouldn't even be an option in the first place.
    there is always an investigation after a police involved shooting. and who cares? after the incident, muting conversations afterwards has nothing to do with what happened during the event.

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Flame6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,385
    You didn't mention this was in a pitch black backyard, and the cops yelled at him to stop running. The turn a dark corner yell gun and than fire. I actually believe they saw a gun (they were wrong), but this is still a justified shooting.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    You didn't mention this was in a pitch black backyard, and the cops yelled at him to stop running. The turn a dark corner yell gun and than fire. I actually believe they saw a gun (they were wrong), but this is still a justified shooting.
    He won't. He'll only mention the parts that fit his agenda.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

    #IStandWithGinaCarano

  10. #10
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Curitiba - Brazil
    Posts
    2,095
    Yep, thats why i call Batman when i need.

  11. #11
    There is no reason to mute microphones in such a situation, other than to avoid transparency or incrimination.

    I'm not sure if he actually broke those windows, or if it was a "good shoot," but the police department is being willfully opaque. This is absolutely why we should not trust them. People who try to hide things from their employers are not trustworthy employees.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    You didn't mention this was in a pitch black backyard, and the cops yelled at him to stop running. The turn a dark corner yell gun and than fire. I actually believe they saw a gun (they were wrong), but this is still a justified shooting.
    Well, they did not see a gun. They may have believed they did, but they were wrong. The suspect was held accountable for his actions, will they be held accountable for theirs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  12. #12
    Yes, but 20 times? Seriously? This whole scene screams both incompetence and corruption. If they were right, why would they mute their microphones? How are they even allowed to do that?

    Cops in the united states do never seem worthy of trust and respect, i understand that crime rate is high and everyone could possess a gun and many cops have died victims to cowardice and sudden attacks, but aren't cops trained to keep their composure and deal with the situation efficiently while avoiding to pull that trigger? What i see is they shoot whenever they get a chance to.

    I remember the footage of a group of cops rushing inside a hotel with rifles, shouting at guests on the hallway ordering them to lie down on the floor and crawl towards them (which is a silly request), one of the scared guests reached down to his falling shorts to pull them back up (he didn't give it much thought he was panicking and that is a normal reflex we all have) and one of the cops emptied an entire magazine on him. One life wouldn't have been lost if they done their job right, if they simply would have asked them to show their hands and walk towards them.

    It feels like they're hiring anyone, even the most scared and weakest of humans who would use their gun whenever.
    If you see a cop, just lie down and freeze, take a nap or something until maybe they leave or luckily handcuff you if you don't get shot regardless.
    Last edited by Hargema; 2018-03-25 at 11:06 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/03/25/us/...era/index.html

    An unarmed man is shot he did run however he was shot twenty times in his backyard
    irregardless of the rest of this story and whether police were warranted to shoot or not i've heard every idiot on TV and on social media constantly harping this "HE WAS IN HIS OWN BACKYARD" part.

    HOW THE FUCK SHOULD POLICE KNOW WHERE EVERYONE LIVES!!!
    It could have been a random house with 8 2 year olds he was about to shoot up.

    God people think before you say stupid shit

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    You didn't mention this was in a pitch black backyard, and the cops yelled at him to stop running. The turn a dark corner yell gun and than fire. I actually believe they saw a gun (they were wrong), but this is still a justified shooting.
    Two guesses as to why this is being discussed by the OP.

    Hint: There's been numerous white people shot by police recently that weren't aired on CNN.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,771
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    there is always an investigation after a police involved shooting. and who cares? after the incident, muting conversations afterwards has nothing to do with what happened during the event.
    Yes it absolutely does? I don't think I even need to explain why it absolutely matters based on how much of a common sense issue it is.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Two guesses as to why this is being discussed by the OP.

    Hint: There's been numerous white people shot by police recently that weren't aired on CNN.
    Were they unarmed? I ask this, because I manage to see reports of unarmed white people being shot by police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,771
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    irregardless of the rest of this story and whether police were warranted to shoot or not i've heard every idiot on TV and on social media constantly harping this "HE WAS IN HIS OWN BACKYARD" part.

    HOW THE FUCK SHOULD POLICE KNOW WHERE EVERYONE LIVES!!!
    It could have been a random house with 8 2 year olds he was about to shoot up.

    God people think before you say stupid shit
    You're totally right. These officers who are supposedly trained to a higher standard should shoot on sight just to be on the safe side since apparently it's too much to ask the officers to differentiate between someone in their own backyard or trespassing .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    there is always an investigation after a police involved shooting. and who cares? after the incident, muting conversations afterwards has nothing to do with what happened during the event.
    Unless the conversation afterwards is along the lines of "Ok, so let's get our story straight".
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Yes it absolutely does? I don't think I even need to explain why it absolutely matters based on how much of a common sense issue it is.
    In life you either ameliorate your level and explain the most complex of things to debate with the smartest of humans, or you stick around with the idiots who don't get common sense.
    I personally would find it tiring explaining to that dude how the muting part has pretty much settled the whole investigation lol.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Yes it absolutely does? I don't think I even need to explain why it absolutely matters based on how much of a common sense issue it is.
    its also common sense you shouldn't be running around breaking people's windows, though he wasn't doing that as part of his job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hargema View Post
    In life you either ameliorate your level and explain the most complex of things to debate with the smartest of humans, or you stick around with the idiots who don't get common sense.
    I personally would find it tiring explaining to that dude how the muting part has pretty much settled the whole investigation lol.
    you already have the whole incident on each of their body cams, including the helicopter footage, lying about it wouldn't make any sense.
    Last edited by zhero; 2018-03-25 at 11:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •