Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire morpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    408

    let's make everyone a Paladin?

    Since everyone is so keen on getting Zanadalari Paladins and now people are talking about Night Elf Paladins. Why not just go all in and make all races able to be paladin?
    Troll Paladins, gnome Paladins, worgen Paladins, goblin paladins! I mean hell they can all be both warrior and priest so why not? It's not more ridiculous than Zanadalari or Night Elf?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Since Goblins can also be Shamans because they “made a deal with the elements“ I see no reason why they could not make a deal with the light. Both is ridiculous.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Why not give every playable race access to all classes?
    I actually wouldn't be against it, the idea that certain races should not have access to certain classes died for me in BC anyway.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Since Goblins can also be Shamans because they “made a deal with the elements“ I see no reason why they could not make a deal with the light. Both is ridiculous.
    that's not how the light works.

  6. #6
    I know the OP is being facetious but they're also not wrong. With the exception of Void Elves, I think every single existing Race has good justification for being able to become Paladins in some shape or form. The exception maybe being Fel and Void-touched races like the Orcs, Nightborne (for now) and (quite possibly) the Highmountain Tauren. Even the Goblin's can be justified as having an "altruism through capitalism" mantra that could inspire their use of the Light.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Spaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    ._.
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Since Goblins can also be Shamans because they “made a deal with the elements“ I see no reason why they could not make a deal with the light. Both is ridiculous.
    are'nt there goblin priests already so there must be some deal with the light

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Flatopia, Tsundereland
    Posts
    3,042
    Member when paladins were knights? I memeber

  9. #9
    Paladins being playable for a race usually traces back to a significant order. Humans and Dwarves had the Silver Hand, Blood elves the Blood knights, the Tauren the Sun Walkers. The later two were created during Wow but both have since been given some lore in the form of short stories etc.

    The idea of Zalandari paladins stems from the prelates of Rezan. An order of sorts. Same as all the others.

    To allow other races to be paladins would probably require something similar, so I believe it unlikely.

    Blizzard went to great lengths to integrate the Sun walkers by adding significant NPCS (Dezco) and some comic (If I remember correctly). And even then most people, including myself, didn't like the idea.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    that's not how the light works.
    It seems the Light can be bent and manipulated. i.e. The Scarlet Crusade.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    that's not how the light works.
    Thats also not how the elements work, yet here we are.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Since everyone is so keen on getting Zanadalari Paladins and now people are talking about Night Elf Paladins. Why not just go all in and make all races able to be paladin?
    Troll Paladins, gnome Paladins, worgen Paladins, goblin paladins! I mean hell they can all be both warrior and priest so why not? It's not more ridiculous than Zanadalari or Night Elf?
    There's literally multiple Night Elf Paladins as Champions at this very moment. The only thing in here that's ridiculous is you.

  12. #12
    This race exclusion from being a class makes no sense what so ever!

    So if you aint a raceXX you cant train to be a classXX?

    It makes no sense its like if you aint Chinese you cant learn Kung Fu or if you aint undead you cant be a DK!

    This class restriction makes no sense now

  13. #13
    Night elven Paladins are the product of the culture change produced by NE interaction with the alliance races, it's a natural and predictable change.


    It's more logic that having High Elves in the alliance
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

  14. #14
    Deleted
    Gnome paladins should totally be a thing! They can be warriors and priests and have lived with dwarves long enough that surely one of them must have thought "hey I want to train as a paladin!"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    It seems the Light can be bent and manipulated. i.e. The Scarlet Crusade.
    what?

    the scarlets didnt bent or manipulate the light.
    they still had the connection to the light because of their faith, they thought that what they are doing is right, so the light was with them.

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    21,305
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Member when paladins were knights? I memeber
    While i agree with you here, this concept went to shitter once bovine solaire of astora wannabes became paladins.

  17. #17
    Legendary! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    The idea of Zalandari paladins stems from the prelates of Rezan. An order of sorts. Same as all the others.
    Even before that, the Freethinkers were established way back in Classic.

  18. #18
    Paladin X arrives at the city of Race Y. Paladin X opens a church and teaches some Y people how to be Paladins, similar to how a Pandaren finding the Exodar crash teaching survivors to be monks for some reason.

    There you have it, now you have Y people Paladins with righteous fury. I'm saying it again, we are playing individuals, most class restrictions don't make any sense.

  19. #19
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Since Goblins can also be Shamans because they “made a deal with the elements“ I see no reason why they could not make a deal with the light. Both is ridiculous.
    Goblin shamans make a lot more sense considering other universes within the fantasy genre, like Warhammer etc.
    It doesn't seem absurd to me.

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans Mr Coo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Even before that, the Freethinkers were established way back in Classic.
    Don't come here with your logical knowledge! Logic don't belong here on the internets!

    /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •