Getting reported, for no real reason.

Today I told someone to dive and die on Mystery Heroes because they weren't contributing anything as Widowmaker. This way they could roll something they could be more useful at. The person flipped out, said I was toxic, and that I was reported. I appreciate the system for reporting people but people seem to be getting butthurt over the smallest things.

Long story short I get silenced for "abusive chat" when all I did was try to tell the person to dive and get another character. I have never been "toxic" and getting reported for something like that makes me not want to even play the game. If they are just gonna let people QQ over anything and expect a perfect world where people are Stepford Wives, then seriously, it's not even worth playing the game with anyone other than friends.

Anyways, that's my story, anyone have any crazy stories to why they were reported.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Today I told someone to dive and die on Mystery Heroes because they weren't contributing anything as Widowmaker. This way they could roll something they could be more useful at. The person flipped out, said I was toxic, and that I was reported. I appreciate the system for reporting people but people seem to be getting butthurt over the smallest things.

Long story short I get silenced for "abusive chat" when all I did was try to tell the person to dive and get another character. I have never been "toxic" and getting reported for something like that makes me not want to even play the game. If they are just gonna let people QQ over anything and expect a perfect world where people are Stepford Wives, then seriously, it's not even worth playing the game with anyone other than friends.

Anyways, that's my story, anyone have any crazy stories to why they were reported.
    Nobody gets punished for one single report.

Everyone tells the story so they look like an angel but leave the real bad stuff out so they don’t look bad. That is what you are doing right now.

You complain about people getting butthurt over the smallest things and yet you are butthurt over the smallest things. It is arcade mode, get over it without going toxic. Random mode is random.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Nobody gets punished for one single report.

Everyone tells the story so they look like an angel but leave the real bad stuff out so they don’t look bad. That is what you are doing right now.

You complain about people getting butthurt over the smallest things and yet you are butthurt over the smallest things. It is arcade mode, get over it without going toxic. Random mode is random.
    First off, it was a single report. So you're definitely wrong there. I wasn't butthurt over the fact she wouldn't dive and die, I tried to correct it, in the nicest way possible for the game mode. You can't just change in random, you have to die to change. So yeah, you're wrong about both points. I see you like to come on forums to try an make yourself look witty but that doesn't work with me kid.

As far as we know, you can't know "for sure" whether it was a single report that did it or not. What if you were reported on other games days ago ?

And nah, no similar story on my part. I just mute/report and move on whenever someone annoys me. No point feeding trolls when I play to chill.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I reported an Ana on my team who pressed a long voice line for literally 20 minutes straight.

I muted the game after 5 minutes but he was doing it every time I checked.

It's an automatic system that bans accumulates reports before taking action, that wasn't the only time you got reported. Might of been the only time someone cried about it and told you they reported you. A lot of people silently report people after the game, that's what I do.

Sorry mate, it wasn't the one report! Doesn't work that way. Has to be multiple reports before anything happens.

First off, it was a single report. So you're definitely wrong there. I wasn't butthurt over the fact she wouldn't dive and die, I tried to correct it, in the nicest way possible for the game mode. You can't just change in random, you have to die to change. So yeah, you're wrong about both points. I see you like to come on forums to try an make yourself look witty but that doesn't work with me kid.
    First of all you just make yourself look bad when you dig for an insult by calling me kid. You don’t know who I am nor do you know my age so you just make yourself look ignorant. If you are going to insult someone you are going to have to know at least one thing about them first.

Secondly it is impossible to get punished for one report. You have obviously been reported a multitude of times. I’m not surprised considering how quickly you took to going directly for insults rather than discussing in an adult fashion. You obviously deserved the consequences of your actions.

You obviously don’t know what the “nicest way possible” is either, you don’t have the skill to know how to speak to others so you are received in a positive manner. You conveniently leave out what you said and how you said it.

Arcade mode isn’t even worth getting toxic over or even posting that some random guy on the internet in a video game didn’t like what you said and reported you. Waste of your time.

But go ahead and get butt hurt over hearing things you don’t want to hear. You are doing exactly what you accuse everyone else of doing.?

Hey how’s that thread going where you blame everyone else for getting punished for nothing at all and everyone joins in to tell you how right you are?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-28 at 05:45 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphanova View Post
    It's too easy to get get silenced imo and there's too many sensitive people.
    There is also too many insensitive people And too many people who don’t know how to behave themselves in public because they were raised wrong.

You absolutely earned your silence. I’ve been playing since alpha and I have never had to be punished for bad behavior. Know how I did it? I didn’t misbehave and then pretend on an Internet forum that the problem is everyone else on the planet. )

15+ Year Old Account
    It's too easy to get get silenced imo and there's too many sensitive people.
    Really? I've got like 500 hours clocked and haven't been silenced.

Maybe you're just acting like an asshole.

I never said I was silenced. Sorry that you misinterpreted what I said. I'm actually very polite and respectful in game.

I never said I was silenced. Sorry that you misinterpreted what I said. I'm actually very polite and respectful in game.
    WEll then figure out what you want, a game where toxic people can be all the asshole they want to be or a game where the community polices itself and general douchebaggery is frowned upon.

I’d like to play this game without having to deal with toxic children who can’t control their mouths and just enjoy the game and have fun. That is why I play the game, not to listen to morons spewing stupid.

How about letting people play what they want? That way they are happy and you are not being reported. If you want a team with a reaaly serious setup, play with a full premade.

God I love these posts. Toxic player comes in claiming he got punished from one report where he kindly told someone to kill themselves; doesn't realize it takes multiple reports to get punished, and is clear to everyone he's been a toxic boi. Then acts toxic to ppl who reply. You can't pay for this kind of entertainment.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2018-04-14 at 04:40 AM.