Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    «High king velen» would be awesome to see
    That's the nature of the alliance vs a horde.

The head of Stormwind is given the title, so for a non human to be high king, a non human would have to be head of Stormwind.

Can you imagine a troll being the leader of the orcs

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Also the last two High kings (Barathen & Varian) died prematurely. A dwarf or any other alliance race could break that tradition as they all have strong leaders but we'll have to see how Anduins life plays out first. He could still die with no heir to the throne. Like if he dies prematurely or if he enters a homosexual relationship with Wrathion as much of the fan base suggests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having in mind how the High King is elected, it may be a Half-Anything (whatever Anduin have a son / daughter with) or in case Anduin dies without having a child, then maybe another race but having in mind that we saw that Anduin gets old and all that (looking at the comic that shows an old Anduin with Velen) its really likely that he will have a child (even if its an adopted one, he had way too many times to get a child or having in mind that he is way too nice somethings, i could see him adoption an orphan of another race)

7+ Year Old Account
    So the warchief hasnt always been an orc and the title has been passed between people lots of times troughout history

High king though? Varian. Then anduin. But why. 10K years experience fighting the legion and leading the night elves, the legendary commander muradin fucking bronzebeard or the wise prophet velen and they chose anduin who is probably not even 20 years old

I think the bigger question is why is there no Queen of stormwind yet it's been forever man... maybe Jaina could hook up with andruin we all know he has a crush on her... #QueenJainaStormwind
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I doubt the game will outlive Anduin, so unless he goes the way of Green Jesus...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Dwarf king or queen would be awesome.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by trabajador5k View Post
    I heard a little something about this human racial ability called diplomacy. Currently Night Elves, Gnomes, Draenei and Worgen are trying to secure their new homes. They provide some of the most influential members but the High King of The Alliance has always been that of Stormwind dating back to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans which released in 1994.
    Except when stormwind was sacked and leveled and survivors fled to Lordaeon to form the original Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Anduin, as the "High King" is the Alliance's political leader, not it's military leader, and in politics, he is very fit for that role, more so than any of the other leaders except maybe Velen to be honest... When it comes to military matters he has been shown to defer to his advisors, as he should.

I think he is a good High King.
    The high king coordinates the Alliance's military.

Deleted
    Well, yes. Dagran Thaurissan II will be the first High King of the Dwarves since Modimus Anvilmar. Does that count?

Obvious answer is a HIGH ELF FEMALE to bang for Anduin to have a half elf *son or daughter* to stick in the face of all of use who want High Elfs AND Half Elfs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    The high king coordinates the Alliance's military.
    Yes, which he does after deferring to his advisors.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Yes, which he does after deferring to his advisors.
    You just said he doesn't lead the military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    You just said he doesn't lead the military.
    Not in the way his father was... He doesn't make any real decisions when it comes to military, he takes the advice of his advisors, they are the ones making the decisions, they are the ones making the battle plans, not Anduin... At least for now, because Anduin knows he doesn't know anything about war, and until that changes, he will be deferring to his advisors.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-03-28 at 06:03 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the warchief hasnt always been an orc and the title has been passed between people lots of times troughout history

High king though? Varian. Then anduin. But why. 10K years experience fighting the legion and leading the night elves, the legendary commander muradin fucking bronzebeard or the wise prophet velen and they chose anduin who is probably not even 20 years old

No because we have already seen that Anduin is High King until he is an old man in son of the wolf which we are told is cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering all last three Wrynn kings died in battle (Barathen fighting trolls during siege of SW, Llane backstabbed before assault on Stormwind and Varian sacrifice himself for his people during Legion invasion) far from their old age I believe something bad will happen with Anduin in next one or two expansions - he will get Medivh (coma) Khadgar (fast aging) or Varian (kidnapping) treatment and disappear from main story for some time. Wrynn family members (even female) are tends to die in young or middle age.
    On Remembrance Day, Varian Wrynn had a nightmare in which he recalled the events of him witnessing his father's assassination. He could only watch on in horror, as Garona, with a tear streaked smirk, plunged a dagger in his father's chest. Varian went to his father's side, holding him in his arms. The dying King Llane's parting words to the young Varian was “This is how it always ends… with Wrynn kings." After which, maggots erupted from the dead king's maw—thousands upon thousands of writhing worms obliterating Llane's ashen face.
    Anduin is named after his grandfather - Anduin Llane Wrynn. His fate is sealed. No amount of prophecies will save him.

PS Anyone know Varian's second name?
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-03-28 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    [IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3JXdM3qacmE/hqdefault.jpg[IMG]
    I know this is supposed to be a meme but in this case it's... just too accurate to even be satire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin, who is around 20 y/o atm, is going to grow old as per the comic. Combine that with expansions lasting only 1 year in lore and ~2 years IRL, you'd need like a century before that even becomes a possibility.
    Since Return to Karazhan and Medivh appearing alive and well, I've had a theory that he will "curse" Anduinn like he did with Khadgar, and make him older. For whatever reason, but that will probably be the key to something. I expect it to happen in BfA or next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Since Return to Karazhan and Medivh appearing alive and well, I've had a theory that he will "curse" Anduinn like he did with Khadgar, and make him older. For whatever reason, but that will probably be the key to something. I expect it to happen in BfA or next expansion.
    Its like poetry, it rhymes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Don't get cocky kid with your smartass logic here. This is what gonna happen:

Anduin: Genn lets do this !
    Genn: Right behind you lad !
    Together: TRANSFORM !
    *instert transformation scene here*
    Together: Fusion complete - Old man andiun form achieved !

See ? That would explain why genn wasn't in the comic. It could even happen today.
    I'll never look at that comic page with the same eyes now. I'll just see Gennduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Not in the way his father was... He doesn't make any real decisions when it comes to military, he takes the advice of his advisors, they are the ones making the decisions, they are the ones making the battle plans, not Anduin... At least for now, because Anduin knows he doesn't know anything about war, and until that changes, he will be deferring to his advisors.
    But again, the High King is supposed to coordinate the military.

And you do understand that a major reason why people hate Anduin as High King is because he's not qualified right?