Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Will we ever see a non human high king

So the warchief hasnt always been an orc and the title has been passed between people lots of times troughout history

High king though? Varian. Then anduin. But why. 10K years experience fighting the legion and leading the night elves, the legendary commander muradin fucking bronzebeard or the wise prophet velen and they chose anduin who is probably not even 20 years old

«High king velen» would be awesome to see
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    So the warchief hasnt always been an orc and the title has been passed between people lots of times troughout history

High king though? Varian. Then anduin. But why. 10K years experience fighting the legion and leading the night elves, the legendary commander muradin fucking bronzebeard or the wise prophet velen and they chose anduin who is probably not even 20 years old

«High king velen» would be awesome to see
    Having a non-orc as the Warchief of the Orcish Horde is just as retarded as asking for a non-human to lead the Alliance.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Can we just get rid of High King entirely? It's stupid. If they want a Commander of the Alliance Armed Forces, by all means! But a 'High King' sounds like, "All the other factions do what you want."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Ahahahaha....no. Not even a chance. Humans will never be ruled by some filth.

Hah, no. The Final Fantasy prodigy will reign for a looooooong time.

10+ Year Old Account
    considerin we saw future anduin as space-high king, i highly doubt it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's already been estabilished that the Alliance leaders not only can avoid listening to the High-King's calls, but can even refrain from committing their forces to his cause. So who cares if the High-King is an inexperienced teenager, it's not like they have to follow him.

Plus, Anduin is actually in good hands. Not only is he wise beyond his years, but he also surrounded by trustworthy and cunning advisors like Velen, Turalyon and Lady Alleria (the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers), who have all fought for thousands of years against the terrible Burning Legion. It's also unlikely that we will see a non-Human High-King because Stormwind is the most powerful force in the multi-cultural Grand Alliance, and the outspoken Humans are effectively the glue that is keeping the various members of the Alliance together.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Not bloody likely.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Ahahahaha....no. Not even a chance. Humans will never be ruled by some filth.

The high king is is a human title and admittedly humans are the linchpin holding the alliance united. In contrast to the horde, where all races are pretty much on equal standing, which plays into a vote among the leaders or choice of successor by previous warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll have Bolvar Fordragon as the next hi...

oh shit he was human wasn't he?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

You dare question people of Varian Wrynn?! Sole slayer of Onixia! Two men in one body?! Gladiator that took on ogres by himself?! Avatar of gods!?
    I really hope we will all get through this ridiculous human-phase of Blizzard, but I doubt we ever will...

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Hah, no. The Final Fantasy prodigy will reign for a looooooong time.
    I kind of wish they had not added that view into the future with Anduin as an old king. It basically locks them into that story.

But also, I really HATE the whole High King of the Alliance title. It's idiotic. With Varian, it ALMOST made sense because he was a solid fighter and a good tactician... even if they poorly reflected it in game. Anduin has ZERO experience, and while I can see the rest of the Alliance leaders respecting him as the human king, or for his compassion... he hasn't earned any right to make significant decisions with warfare or the involvement of other races.

I prefer the days that the leaders weren't so involved with the story except on the highest of level (IE: Being sent to confront Blightcaller, or into the Ragefire Chasm).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    considerin we saw future anduin as space-high king, i highly doubt it
    If Legion has taught us anything, it's that visions and prophecies are to be taken with a grain of salt. It's possible that the vision of Anduin as the future High King in "Son of the Wolf" isn't a future that comes to pass - so I don't consider Anduin's position as necessarily secured by an inviolable destiny.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    It's already been estabilished that the Alliance leaders not only can avoid listening to the High-King's calls, but can even refrain from committing their forces to his cause. So who cares if the High-King is an inexperienced teenager, it's not like they have to follow him.

Plus, Anduin is actually in good hands. Not only is he wise beyond his years, but he also surrounded by trustworthy and cunning advisors like Velen, Turalyon and Lady Alleria (the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers), who have all fought for thousands of years against the terrible Burning Legion. It's also unlikely that we will see a non-Human High-King because Stormwind is the most powerful force in the multi-cultural Grand Alliance, and the outspoken Humans are effectively the glue that is keeping the various members of the Alliance together.
    The guy who abandoned his people, brothers, family and world, when it came down to it. A lightforged who follows every whim of space windchimes, apparently her mentor doesn't exist( also fighting the whispers of the void is a perpetual thing you don't just "get over it"). Then we have Greymane whose sole interest is to screw with anything remotely Sylvanas related no matter the cost. The Boy King serves at the master's table indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I kind of wish they had not added that view into the future with Anduin as an old king. It basically locks them into that story.

But also, I really HATE the whole High King of the Alliance title. It's idiotic. With Varian, it ALMOST made sense because he was a solid fighter and a good tactician... even if they poorly reflected it in game. Anduin has ZERO experience, and while I can see the rest of the Alliance leaders respecting him as the human king, or for his compassion... he hasn't earned any right to make significant decisions with warfare or the involvement of other races.

I prefer the days that the leaders weren't so involved with the story except on the highest of level (IE: Being sent to confront Blightcaller, or into the Ragefire Chasm).
    Tbh, Chekhov's <Whatever>, they might just entirely subvert it. But still...I doubt it.

If High King umtimately doesn't mean anything, why is it a thing then. If he has no real authority, which this title implies, there's no point in it other than self-phelating some more in terms of...well, titles.

Currently he's on 'Gary Stu' status, which is incredibly boring.

A Vulpera will be the next king.

Lmao people conplained in wod about «too many orcd» what a joke
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin, as the "High King" is the Alliance's political leader, not it's military leader, and in politics, he is very fit for that role, more so than any of the other leaders except maybe Velen to be honest... When it comes to military matters he has been shown to defer to his advisors, as he should.

I think he is a good High King.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    (the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers)
    i think you forgot locus walker, just because ethereals dont have a physical form anymore doesnt mean they arent mortal
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-03-27 at 08:59 PM.