Best place to pickpocket?

So, I have found a weird enjoyment in pickpocketing. The thrill of the RNG - will you get 5 coins of air, or 20.000?!

Therefore, I am looking for some awesome spots with high mob density, which could be great for pickpocketing. Currently, then my favorite spot is Feltotem in Highmountain, but I still feel like there are better spots out there! Any suggestions?

Also, any comments about pickpocketing in general is also welcome here - do you personally enjoy it, or do you force yourself to do it each week for the quest?

- Cheers!

Suramar is a good place to pick pockets. You can run in somekind of a cirlcle and once you reach your starting point the pockets should be filled again.
    The problem sometimes is that another one could have the same idea, because suramar probably has the best mob density ingame and can yield the best item per minutes ratio.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Anywhere in particular in Suramar?
    I find that there is a lot of stealthdetectors in Suramar city, so anywhere to avoid them?

Your best bet is somewhere that pickpocketable mobs respawn quickly, such as areas on Argus where there are active world quests. You don't have to do a huge circle or have 300 mobs in a small area to be able to continuously pickpocket or have to wait for their goods to be reset. I particularly like the broken in the area where you collect memories and click the orbs. There are always people running through there, and the mobs respawn quickly, so you're not having to wait for their pockets to fill back up.

Of course, if I just need to get my 10k coins for the week on my alt-rogue, I usually just fly down to the naga around the Eye. One loop usually takes about 5-7 minutes and gets me pretty close to what I need. And if there's someone questing, I may spend a few extra minutes to gather 20-30k. (Caveat, sometimes the mobs take a bit longer to respawn than I'd like there, which is why I recommend Argus instead.)

Deleted
    Sorry, I'm new, what can one obtain with these coins every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    I find that there is a lot of stealthdetectors in Suramar city, so anywhere to avoid them?
    Suramar city. Near the middle there's a high circular virander-ish area. You'll see one demon gliding about on there, and 3 different groups of kneeling elves around him.

Load the serverhop Addon.

Pickpocket all the groups, hop realms, pickpocket all the grops, hop realms, etc etc. You complete the weekly quest in a minute or so, if that. I normally go there for 5-10 minutes and get enough coins for the next month or so of handins.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Definately Suramar City, no comparison.

Suramar is easily the best place. Other good places are the pvp tower areas, whenever theres a WQ happening in them.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    4999g, 99s and 99c.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    4999g, 99s and 99c.
    You could almost say the reward is 5000g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You could almost say the reward is 5000g
    But it isnt! ;D
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar City is great. Lots of mobs, easy pickings. I seem to get around 26k from my route so I usually get my Weekly Quest done and progress towards some of the other stuff.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I just macro pickpocket to my openers then I don't have to farm I just get them throughout the week.
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

Stormheim is the best imo

There’s an dense area where Vykrul, Highmountain and Drogbar npcs are all fighting. They kill each other pretty quickly and respawn fast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    If you're an outlaw with Parlay and sap the stealth detectors aren't really a problem. Just focus on the non-elite sectors of the city, as the elite sectors are so densely packed with stealth detecting mobs because players aren't supposed to be there for regular questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    First you need to have a chat with our old friend Griftah in the rogue order hall. It initially looks like a total scam, but it pays off if you persist through the upgrade levels of the lamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top right of Surumar near irongrove retreat fp, I only spend a few minutes there each week for ez 5k gold unless I get lucky like last week I had 10k for the quest in just a couple picks.

For long-term efficiency - Felfire Armory on Antorus, right above raid entrance. Grouped-up mobs, perfect place to pick pockets before raid. I didn't do a head count, but at least 30 mobs in a 100 yard radius. Also that big area in northern Antoran Wastes ending with the big, banished doomguard.
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-04-23 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    I could turn in golden coin twice in one day, there's no limit? Need lots of keys for MoP scenario...

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    I was doing my pickpocketing inside Halls of Valor. By the time you finish a lap the ones at the beginning are ripe for picking again, though I would also skip Fenryr's place because there were like only 4 humanoids there.