Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raserisk View Post

Kel'Thuzad was the final boss of Vanilla but was he the hardest?
    He no doubt was. In fact, he's the only boss in Vanilla where RNG can actually wipe you.

OP updated with new boss guide featuring the Four Horsemen from Vanilla Naxxramas.

The 4H fight represents the peak of Classic Raiding and introduction of more interesting mechanics that requires coordination and mobility as seen in later versions of WoW however did this fight actually expose prominent issues with the Vanilla Raid System that would lead to what we have today?

Brief Thoughts

a) Guilds were completely caught off-guard by needing eight tanks - could this have influenced the "bring the player, not the class" model as seen today?

b) C'Thun and Vanilla Naxx pushed the 40 man raiding model to its limits but could things such as the common meme of most vanilla raids having to be carried by the other half pushed Blizzard to go with the 25 player size since their future mechanics would be too complex for 40?

c) They say that less than 1% of the population cleared Naxxramas in Vanilla while many in TBC didn't clear Black Temple or Sunwell Plateau - could this have pushed Blizzard to introduce different difficulties for all types of players?

OP updated with Nefarian Boss Guide. Hopefully you guys enjoy this one as much as I spent time on making it!

My most favorite fun boss fight was Heigan... Doing the Heigan dance was far too much fun! It wasn't overly complex, but it was at a point where constant movement was not really a thing... watching people struggle to integrate movement into their "rotations" created lots of funny wipes from my memory.

On topic... excellent videos! I haven't watched them all yet, but the few I have were very well done.
    Last edited by Grimes7; 2019-01-02 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    I dont know if it has ever been confirmed by a bluepost but the popular opinion seems to be that stacking up too much will cause her to do deep breath. I think most private servers atleast use that as a basis to trigger her deep breath.
    Wrong, it's just a random timer. Stacked or not stacked didn't seem to affect it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimes7 View Post
    watching people struggle to integrate movement into their "rotations" created lots of funny wipes from my memory.
    ...but you don't DPS the boss while dancing, since he's up on the platform. Ranged would just spam whatever instants they have.

I need to keep this bookmarked somewhere.

I'm usually not a fan of those instruction videos, but they are really well done and easy on eyes and ears.

OP updated with newest release featuring Lucifron. After covering a few of the hardest bosses in Classic I really wanted to go back to my roots and try to package some of these early and easy fights into a quick, concise and informational package of at-least 3 minutes or less if possible.

This is really great! Looking forward to more guides

Quote Originally Posted by Rogfaroth View Post
    This is really great! Looking forward to more guides
    Thanks!

OP updated with new Boss Guide for Classic featuring Magmadar. Currently working on cutting down on time length and keeping these guides within that 2-3 minute window. For Gehennas I'll be experimenting with little to no cinematics to see how much faster and shorter I can produce this type of content. Classic is just around the corner!

5+ Year Old Account
    These are great. Even as someone who raided loads in vanilla, the videos I watched were good for jogging the memory about some mechanics that were quite important before you out geared the raid.

OP updated with Nefarian Boss Guide. Hopefully you guys enjoy this one as much as I spent time on making it!
    Any chance you are going to release guides to the rest of the naxx bosses. Your guides are about my favorite vanilla wow guides I've ever seen! Keep up the good work, and please do all the naxx bosses if you can

Quote Originally Posted by 247365spam View Post
    Any chance you are going to release guides to the rest of the naxx bosses. Your guides are about my favorite vanilla wow guides I've ever seen! Keep up the good work, and please do all the naxx bosses if you can
    Naxx is by far my favorite raid in Classic and I'll definitely be working on a few in the near future once I've gotten some more content out for MC and BWL. Thanks for checking out the guides!

Naxx is by far my favorite raid in Classic and I'll definitely be working on a few in the near future once I've gotten some more content out for MC and BWL. Thanks for checking out the guides!
    TY; looking forward to raserick's guide to winning in all raid encounters MC through Naxx. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by 247365spam; 2019-02-17 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typos

Gehennas done - OP updated with new video release. I went for more of a "minimalistic" approach on this one - less flashy cinematics and views and more just straight to the point information to cut down on time.

Starting work on Garr next!

Gehennas done - OP updated with new video release. I went for more of a "minimalistic" approach on this one - less flashy cinematics and views and more just straight to the point information to cut down on time.

Starting work on Garr next!
    Keep up the good work; I know that there are many many more than me that are loving your content!

Good refresher for those of us who did it back in the day, but it's been so long that some details of the mechanics may have escaped us, or we're looking to do it on a different class (like tank for example).

OP updated with new Boss Guide on Garr featuring 3 strats on this encounter along with a breakdown on boss abilities.

Coming up next will be a shift away from MC and into Naxxramas

This is great. Much appreciated, will definitely be using this.

OP updated with new Boss Guide on Garr featuring 3 strats on this encounter along with a breakdown on boss abilities.

Coming up next will be a shift away from MC and into Naxxramas
    Cannot wait