Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shadowbolt and demonbolt are currently just place holders, they're use the void bolt animation, there's a big build coming into beta now and hopefully Demo will finally get their new animations

Blizz will update the Shadowbolt animation for Afflic during the xpac after BfA...when they bring back Drain Mana, and make that the new Afflic filler spell.

dont play with my dreams,im crying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    Shadowbolt and demonbolt are currently just place holders, they're use the void bolt animation, there's a big build coming into beta now and hopefully Demo will finally get their new animations
    It's definitely not Void Bolt. It's both smaller and different in colour.

DB is pretty obviously placeholder, but Shadow Bolt is probably either done or close to done (Incinerate did get a couple passes, after all).

I think Corruption has a new spell effect? It's got a purple and green glow on the target that's similar to the new Drain Life.

WTA: I believe the Deathbolt animation is new too.
    Last edited by Kirroth; 2018-05-16 at 02:20 AM.

That Corruption animation has been in a while. I believe all of Aff's DoTs are now updated.

And yes, the new DB projectile is in this build (looks reel gud). It's almost like you guys like to worry about obvious placeholder graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    That Corruption animation has been in a while. I believe all of Aff's DoTs are now updated.

And yes, the new DB projectile is in this build (looks reel gud). It's almost like you guys like to worry about obvious placeholder graphics.
    Wouldn't say it looks good quite yet, but I see where they're going with it. still looks very unfinished, kind of miss the swirling on the old one too.

Now call dreadstalkers got a new animation and THAT actually looks real gud. That's the kind of rift opening I've been imagining come to life, hopefully a lot of spells get similar treatment.

Also hand of squares now! Really interested to see what that updates gonna look like. Kind of worried for the spec in that it has so many instants and the spell animations just look so much better with long-ish casts funnily enough. There's just animations that don't have time to play out.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-05-16 at 02:56 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wouldn't say it looks good quite yet, but I see where they're going with it. still looks very unfinished, kind of miss the swirling on the old one too.

Now call dreadstalkers got a new animation and THAT actually looks real gud. That's the kind of rift opening I've been imagining come to life, hopefully a lot of spells get similar treatment.

Also hand of squares now! Really interested to see what that updates gonna look like. Kind of worried for the spec in that it has so many instants and the spell animations just look so much better with long-ish casts funnily enough. There's just animations that don't have time to play out.
    Demonbolt also has the a new animation, albeit unfinished I like the direction even as I want it to be bulkier. Honestly I feel demonbolt is kinda weak at the moment and too much damage is sunk somewhere else.

I hope the imp firebolts also gets updated. Looks so low rez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hand of Gul'dan lined up for new stuff and Shadow Bolt seems refined now.

I also think they touched up Incinerate, it has new sounds and animation a bit different.

New shadowfury sounds and visuals too. New infernal meteor and spawning effect.

New demon summoning effects for Dreadstalkers and Tyrant too - pretty rad, a portal.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-05-16 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    Ironically everyone playing aff will likely go for Drain Soul anyway....it's just better than SB. It stacks SE faster and has an inherent execute, the two competing talents are Sacrifice and Nightfall. Sacrifice is worthless unless pets are anathema....

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Ironically everyone playing aff will likely go for Drain Soul anyway....it's just better than SB. It stacks SE faster and has an inherent execute, the two competing talents are Sacrifice and Nightfall. Sacrifice is worthless unless pets are anathema....
    The stacking issue is insignificant and drain soul does way less DPS than shadowbolt before the 20% execute without even factoring Nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The stacking issue is insignificant and drain soul does way less DPS than shadowbolt before the 20% execute without even factoring Nightfall.
    The stacking issue is massive for multi-dot as it goes from being somewhat difficult to juggle SE on 2 targets and basically impossible on 3+ to being pretty manageable on 3 targets and not very punishing if one drops since you can quickly re-stack it.

I'm not sure why you're even mentioning DPS when I imagine you know better at this point.

I'm not really sure what the plan is for the row, it looks like the devs just hate sacrifice and plan to leave it as a dead talent for another xpac. And then nightfall is.. I guess for movement heavy encounters? Really it feels more like a pvp talent.

And then nightfall is.. I guess for movement heavy encounters? Really it feels more like a pvp talent.
    I mean, ostensibly the row is balanced or close to it, and then Nightfall is for people who want to Shadow Bolt and Drain Soul is for people who don't.

The stacking issue is massive for multi-dot as it goes from being somewhat difficult to juggle SE on 2 targets and basically impossible on 3+ to being pretty manageable on 3 targets and not very punishing if one drops since you can quickly re-stack it.

I'm not sure why you're even mentioning DPS when I imagine you know better at this point.

I'm not really sure what the plan is for the row, it looks like the devs just hate sacrifice and plan to leave it as a dead talent for another xpac. And then nightfall is.. I guess for movement heavy encounters? Really it feels more like a pvp talent.

TBH the same question of tuning that applies to my statement about DS vs. SB can be applied to the question of SE remaining the talent of choice for multidotting. It seems to me like SE was made a priority target throttle even more so than Haunt. At this point I'd rather they scrap Shadow's Embrace rather than tie Drain Soul's appeal and viability to it.

They could even end the debate for DS vs. SB by making shadow embrace a personal upkeep buff on the warlock rather than an individually applied debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I mean, ostensibly the row is balanced or close to it, and then Nightfall is for people who want to Shadow Bolt and Drain Soul is for people who don't.
    What if you want to drain petless? Not uncommon. I like the choice element, but I feel like those choices should be separated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Hand of Gul'dan lined up for new stuff and Shadow Bolt seems refined now.

I also think they touched up Incinerate, it has new sounds and animation a bit different.

New shadowfury sounds and visuals too. New infernal meteor and spawning effect.

New demon summoning effects for Dreadstalkers and Tyrant too - pretty rad, a portal.
    I didn't notice that at all. Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I didn't notice that at all. Are you sure?
    When you use HoG on beta a box will appear on the target and tiny other boxs will fly at you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    When you use HoG on beta a box will appear on the target and tiny other boxs will fly at you
    Dude look at my post again and notice the bolded part in the quoted post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    TBH the same question of tuning that applies to my statement about DS vs. SB can be applied to the question of SE remaining the talent of choice for multidotting. It seems to me like SE was made a priority target throttle even more so than Haunt. At this point I'd rather they scrap Shadow's Embrace rather than tie Drain Soul's appeal and viability to it.

They could even end the debate for DS vs. SB by making shadow embrace a personal upkeep buff on the warlock rather than an individually applied debuff.
    SE is the only talent on the row that you can put on multiple targets though?

The other two options are single target talents, so I'm not sure why you think they'd be made relevant in multi-dot unless they grossly over tune or under tune something.

SE is the only talent on the row that you can put on multiple targets though?

The other two options are single target talents, so I'm not sure why you think they'd be made relevant in multi-dot unless they grossly over tune or under tune something.
    The rationale would be that haunt gets more frequent resets on death procs, but if it were up to me I'd scrap stacking UA's and return haunt as the shard spender.

Honestly, if DE were to stay you could just swap it with creeping death or soul conduit. You would then get a choice of % damage modifiers at the last row, either as a lower tuned maintenance debuff or a stronger active cd like misery.

I'd rather DE doesn't make a return at all. The last thing the spec needs is more ramp up. Alternatively, they can remove the complaints about filler and multi-target by making DE only apply to a single target and transfer at current full stacks to the new target you hit with whatever filler.