10+ Year Old Account

Rift April Fool's Day Prank

As today is April Fool's Day it seems the Devs have pranked Rift players by turning on fall damage, if you're a long term player you'd know there's been no fall damage in Rift for a while now.

Careful of those drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    As today is April Fool's Day it seems the Devs have pranked Rift players by turning on fall damage, if you're a long term player you'd know there's been no fall damage in Rift for a while now.

Careful of those drops.
    Yeah jumped out of that big ass tree in Scarwood and went splat.

How's that a prank if they implemented it, like what if I gave you brain damage and said it was intended as a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by ardenthate View Post
    How's that a prank if they implemented it, like what if I gave you brain damage and said it was intended as a joke?
    Because in a game you can recover fully from the damage in a minute and then maybe have a laugh about it. What a crap analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Because in a game you can recover fully from the damage in a minute and then maybe have a laugh about it. What a crap analogy.
    all analogies are flawed. living up to the name, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by ardenthate View Post
    Don't all pranks have to be implemented. I mean, sure, I can have an idea for a bucket of water to fall on your head when you open the door, but in order for it to actually happen, I have to implement it. So I offer you the reverse question, how can something not implemented even be a prank, not just the idea of a prank?

Looks as though you've been banned and will not be able to reply anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Don't all pranks have to be implemented. I mean, sure, I can have an idea for a bucket of water to fall on your head when you open the door, but in order for it to actually happen, I have to implement it. So I offer you the reverse question, how can something not implemented even be a prank, not just the idea of a prank?

Looks as though you've been banned and will not be able to reply anyway.
    if by Implemented you mean "Write fake patch notes" or "Make video about an upcoming feature to turn gathering into a mobile ARG" or "Announce Joke Set in Your Popul-" Wait. That last one did actually happen and wasn't an April Fool's Joke.