Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    There's no way that we're getting Nether Portal baseline. You can already stack two CDs if you take nether portal, having a buffed tyrant + nether portal would be... problematic
    I'm not sure it'd make much difference. He consumes imps only, so nothing would really change. You still have to spam shards for a bit before he comes out and the demons that are summoner still get the extra 15seconds.

Either way, something has to give with that ability. It costs too much relative to its impact right now, and keeping the costs as high as they are will necessitate a degree of over tuning that'd make the talent mandatory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drinoff View Post
    Demo is absulutely broken... does insane aoe burst + is top SIngle target in Raid testing and Dungeons at least for me. Will be nerfed for sure

Aff - They can delete this spec.. RIP aff
    You guys got to calm your tits about this "DEMO DAMAGE IS IMBALLANCED"

They haven't even done a balance pass yet. Focus on mechanics of a spec not the irrelevant numbers you see in details.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post

They haven't even done a balance pass yet. Focus on mechanics of a spec not the irrelevant numbers you see in details.
    I'm fairly concerned because mechanically its set up similarly to aff in legion where it needs to be overtuned to stay relevant, and considering the work they just put into it I don't imagine they'll let it be irrelevant. Aff continues to be in that same position but demo is just more flexible right now with its talents and aff is incredibly boring so I wouldn't be surprised if they leave the spec benched for a bit.

and destro really didn't get anything going for it besides consolidating its opener burst into 2 cd's instead of 4. Nothing super meaningful changed beyond that so its entirely up to tuning on whether or not it'll ever be relevant which will be extremely difficult because of how poorly the talent rows are set up and how the spec will likely revolve around / be crutched up by gosup.

So personally I'm worried about demo, because its kit is just in a position where its probably going to be thee spec for quite some time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have splurged my Destruction feedback here https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619162007

Feel free to repost it in US forums that blues actually bother reading once in a while.

Deleted
    Demo is great, but the Nether Portal talent is a mess and the Vilefiend is visually bad, because it's a melee demon and the lesson we ought to have learned in Legion is that demons that spawn or jump in melee range are visually nonexistent. I suggest replacing it with either a doomguard or a darkglare.

Imo Demo also still needs some kind of mechanic that makes crit more valuable. I'm concerned haste will be absolutely ridiciously dominant again.

Something like this: Your Shadowbolt and Demonbolt Critical Strikes have a chance to summon an additional imp.

Or maybe: Your Shadowbolt and Demonbolt Critical Strikes have a chance to reduce the cooldown of Call Dreadstalkers by 1 second.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2018-05-14 at 10:22 PM.

seems like they're looking at warlocks again if the blue post means anything. affliction needs the most help (which the blue post seems to imply) however i hope the fix demo and destro's talents that aren't looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post

With all the respect Terryn , i havent said nothing wrong or lie it is what it is. Of course it is early we all know this , but Affliction is completly non existent. Demo is better than Live with the numbers and the mechanics , of course there is some talents that doesnt make sence and i write all the bugs that i saw but still... Anything i said is correct. Demo just owns!!! and i am afraid in the first ballance we will be ''balanced'' for good or bad. Destro is feeling OK , just worried about the dmg that it is hardly sustained . At least for me.
    Last edited by drinoff; 2018-05-15 at 02:48 PM.
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drinoff View Post
    Demo is absulutely broken... does insane aoe burst + is top SIngle target in Raid testing and Dungeons at least for me. Will be nerfed for sure
    What is the best way to achieve the insane AoE burst as Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    What is the best way to achieve the insane AoE burst as Demo?
    Implosion is bugged from what I've heard. You can keep imploding the same imps or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I've seen the changes to aff and demo and they look pretty good. Do the specs actually feel good to play so far? I'm especially curious as to how it feels to use shadow bolt again as a filler for aff, and how the new demo rotation feels compared to the current one. I'm leveling a Nightborne warlock right now in anticipation of the changes going forward.
    Demo si fucking awesome. I also love destro which didn't change much but it's very strong. I haven't played affliction, but when I run dungeons and there's an affliction lock, he quickly changes spec after seeing how hard he gets destroyed. Maybe it's just because fights don't last long enoguh to make dots worth it at the moment, in dungeons it looks pretty weak compared to demo and destro.

Demo is very strong indeed.

I love the changes they've made to Demonology. It's a bit overtuned and needs nerfed some to bring it in line in terms of numbers, though. The talent choices are almost all viable in different scenarios and it's honestly great to play because you can kind of run what you like playing in a lot of situations, which is how I think talents should be for the most part. It's great in dungeons, implosion bug aside, and it's amazing in raids.

Destruction didn't change all too much, and I think it probably needs brought in line a bit too, or every other spec in the game needs brought up to par with Demonology and Destruction but I doubt that will be the case. The one thing I dislike about it, though, is having to use Cataclysm on single target because the other two options are literally useless on single target which is kind of crappy in my opinion. It's not the best in dungeons with the low gear, but once in the raid testing scaled up to more gear with more haste and critical strike, Destruction feels great to play.

As for affliction, it's been fairly underwhelming to play so far. It's damage is very undertuned, and the playstyle is a bit bland. In dungeons you either have no shards to use seed for AoE, or you spend the entire time agonying trash to get shards and by that point the pack is dead. I'm not a huge fan of Affliction, but I can't wait for the changes they announced yesterday. I think Summon Darkglare, both thematically and the effect it does, is a great cooldown for Affliction and a perfect choice. I like the idea of having Dark Soul Misery back as well, and now I kind of wish they had the Demonology one back too. I'm hoping the 15 second AoE ability will help with dungeon performance as well.

I honestly think all three specs will be at a good place, playstyle wise, after these changes to Affliction go live, and then it's just up to Blizzard to tune them all well enough. I can't wait for BfA

well from my viewpoint - locks arent tuned and are kinda top of the foodchain in the dps department. they are broken in a good way, there will be nerfs (tuning as us sky isnt falling people) no doubt and very much warranted. they are close, but until the doombolt gets fixed - have fun at the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    well from my viewpoint - locks arent tuned and are kinda top of the foodchain in the dps department. they are broken in a good way, there will be nerfs (tuning as us sky isnt falling people) no doubt and very much warranted. they are close, but until the doombolt gets fixed - have fun at the top.
    Look at this, this is unbelievable! The game hasn't even launched yet, and we have someone salty at Warlock DPS!? 'Have fun at the top'.

I'm sure WoW players get dumber every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Look at this, this is unbelievable! The game hasn't even launched yet, and we have someone salty at Warlock DPS!? 'Have fun at the top'.

I'm sure WoW players get dumber every year.
    From that same post:
    they are broken in a good way
    - - - Updated - - -

Will haste fix some of the issues with Nether Portal? It won't fix the lack of an indication of how long it lasts, but I guess adding will deal with that if they don't make it a buff.

Also are we supposed to try to maximise the amount of demons we summon during it? Casting single imp HoGs to do that feels bad, it just sounds wrong, but more demons from the portal sounds right. Surely it ought to be one demon per shard spent. Or is that the case and I'm not paying enough attention?

its still only 1 demon per cast the last time i played. Nether portal has so much potential but the current situation has left me bemused.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    From that same post:

- - - Updated - - -

Will haste fix some of the issues with Nether Portal? It won't fix the lack of an indication of how long it lasts, but I guess adding will deal with that if they don't make it a buff.

Also are we supposed to try to maximise the amount of demons we summon during it? Casting single imp HoGs to do that feels bad, it just sounds wrong, but more demons from the portal sounds right. Surely it ought to be one demon per shard spent. Or is that the case and I'm not paying enough attention?
    Yes Demo will still be haste dependant like it is in Legion, more haste = more demons we can summon and more demons that will be spawned with nether portal, also once the implosion glitch gets fixed more haste will improve our aoe since imps used for it doesn't proc demonic core.

Also note that nether portal is bugged, using 2 or 3 shards for HoG or dreadstalkers will only spawn 1 demon from the portal

Demo and Destro are a lot of fun to play. Affliction is somehow even more boring then it was live.

Deleted
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=17#post-325

New affliction changes coming. Not sure if they are on the new beta build yet but cant wait to try them out. After they said "No king rules forever" i fully expected them to leave affliction in the gutter (which was obvious until now) but apparently they did thinker with it. Lets see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=17#post-325

New affliction changes coming. Not sure if they are on the new beta build yet but cant wait to try them out. After they said "No king rules forever" i fully expected them to leave affliction in the gutter (which was obvious until now) but apparently they did thinker with it. Lets see how this pans out.
    That post is two days old. The changes hit the Beta yesterday. Do try to at least glance at the thread before posting.