Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Well when this hits live servers players are going to riot. I mean even casual players did not like the NLC and the only reason the backlash wasn't that strong for the NLC was because it was tacked on at the end of the expansion. Azerite armor system is NLC 2.0 but it is being sold as the feature to add "class and spec depth" which is laughable if you think about it.

You have a choice between a passive proc that does damage, a passive proc that heals + vers X 2, a passive proc that creates a bubble, and passive that interacts with your currently chosen spec.

That is super bare bones as it is.

From alpha to beta we haven't seen much movement with Azerite armor system. What you see is most likely what you will receive.
    Lol what? Go to WoWhead's post about azerite updates posted like 2 days ago, click the links provided and see that there is much more trait wise and variability than "passive damage proc","vers proc" and spec proc.

Some of the traits were taken straight from the artifact weapons.

But honestly, not sure why I'm bothering replying to someone who has their head so far up their ass with regards to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    Lol you don't even realize that 208 is the base number for normal or even less than 300 ilvl, and that, Heroic, Mythic and Mythic+ gear will give more absorb.
    Worst, you forgot that you can stack 3 azerite traits so with that 208*3 you get 624, and there is the +5 ilvl for each azerite gear that will slightly up the number, and you're not even 300 ilvl with this number, maybe it's the base number for leveling.
    Now think about it, you can switch gear between adds packs and bosses on Mythic+, whenever you feel you need more def, you will switch to those 3 azerite gear.

For fury warrior, it was 1 sec per trait before the spec change, and they switched it to 0.5 sec per trait recently. Unless they change the whole trait, this is how it's gonna work.
    1.5 sec reduction per auto-attack for a 1.5min cooldown that increase 100% rage generation and give you 20% more crit chance, you'd have to be extremely unintelligent to believe that it's not possible.
    Because the complaint is obviously about the shitty ass numbers on the boring ass fucking shit passive. Obviously not on the boring ass fucking shit passive itself.
    Looking forward to that 1 fight where I'll be able to Feign Death before a big mechanic hits... and then come out with 34% HP whereas everyone else dropped to 31% - my healers will LOVE me.

It's obvious to are trying to appeal to the absolute youngest audience they can. They amount of money EA and Activision makes off consumers is staggering, and this is after the initial purchase of the game. Overwatch makes billions and is designed where almost anyone can play, and dominate in game, for the younger 'kids' if feeds into that dopamine, sprinkle in some flashy loot boxes and you got them hooked.

So how can we get WoW in that same boat?

-Prune the classes skills down to 4 per spec, a cc, stun, put all others passives and add 2 cooldowns on long timers. repeat this for every spec. This cuts down on dev time, and makes the game a breeze to balance in PvE and PvP.

-Speed up the gameplay and make it seem like you're destroying things at a massive rate, this feeds into that dopamine.

-Make the game slower. Prioritize boosting. You won't see money from the more mature audience and risk resentment, but on the flip side, this forces new players who start the game to either slug it out with a terrible leveling experience, or, buy a $60 boost. Yeah I know it's scummy, but it makes the most sense from a business point of view.

-Make the cash shop more appealing. Reserved for oly the best mounts designed by our best designers. The lower-middle teir design mounts can go in the game for free, just add massive grinds to them, make them RNG, do whatever it takes to make sure they sub for at least another month.

-Keep communication at it's most basic level. Since we currently have the #1 MMO on the market we can make drastic changes to the game and not worry about complaints, because people will either defend it for us, or they will only be upset for a few days before it's forgotten because the more mature audience are already invested, not only with money, but time they have put in their characters. Kinda like being in a abusive relationship.

-Add loot boxes. Controller support. Voice command/communication from the in game UI. Don't scale the graphics too much. Make sure the game can run at 1080p 60 fps on current gen consoles, in case we need to make a shift to recoup money from the game in it's last years. Every year our budget goes down for the game, we need to cut corners, add more RNG and slow down progress.

-Spend a few million in marketing when Flying is released. This will generate game sales and guarantee a sub purchase. It will also get people who lapsed on their subs to come back. Key point: Make sure that you time-gate the flying even when they buy in again. Lock it behind a grind that will last for about 2 months, which nets us double the money from the same consumer and potentially keep them around since by this time they would have made enough to buy a token.

-Team A and a majority of Team B start development on the next expansion when the current one is in beta.
    Classes, items, balance and bug fixing will be handled by a few people from left over from Team B.

I'm such a Dbag aren't I?

Lol you don't even realize that 208 is the base number for normal or even less than 300 ilvl, and that, Heroic, Mythic and Mythic+ gear will give more absorb.
    Worst, you forgot that you can stack 3 azerite traits so with that 208*3 you get 624, and there is the +5 ilvl for each azerite gear that will slightly up the number, and you're not even 300 ilvl with this number, maybe it's the base number for leveling.
    Now think about it, you can switch gear between adds packs and bosses on Mythic+, whenever you feel you need more def, you will switch to those 3 azerite gear.
    I think you didn't understand he never talked about numbers. It could give you a 5 billion shield, that's still the worst bonus ever when you Feign Death... Unless you don't really realize what Feign Death is supposed to do

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Lol what? Go to WoWhead's post about azerite updates posted like 2 days ago, click the links provided and see that there is much more trait wise and variability than "passive damage proc","vers proc" and spec proc.

Some of the traits were taken straight from the artifact weapons.

But honestly, not sure why I'm bothering replying to someone who has their head so far up their ass with regards to this game.
    90% are still passive bonus you don't interact with, they just happen (as Crucible Tier 2 Shadowbind, Chaotic Darkness or Torment of the Weak : they happen, good for you, they don't happen, no problem)

Edit : Oh wow, just checked the Wowhead's page you mentioned, that's awesome indeed, I though we had a choice but in fact no, there are 4 (5 for druids, 3 for DHs) choices on the outer ring, one being the random boring proc passive, and the others are spec-related, so... There isn't even any kind of choice, you just go for the spec-related talent and tadam ! Awesome, can't wait
    Special flavor if you want to play all your specs, you either need to go back to your capital every now and then or need to have a shitton of replacement stuff in your bags ! Exactly the kind of bullshit they wanted to stop when they removed Gems, Reforging, Enchants and so on. xD
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-06-04 at 11:14 AM.

I don't see why using Feign Death to gain a shield is the worst bonus ever, we already use it on pvp to remove debuffs and things with the pvp talent, gaining a shield + a lower cooldown is another plus good for pvp and mythic+

I don't see why using Feign Death to gain a shield is the worst bonus ever, we already use it on pvp to remove debuffs and things with the pvp talent, gaining a shield + a lower cooldown is another plus good for pvp and mythic+
    1- Pseudo-forcing Feign Death in the rotation is silly
    2- Feign Death makes you appear dead for the opponent, I'm not sure it will be discrete when the shield's animation will spawn
    3- Feign Death should remain a "lose agro" spell, not a "dispell / lose agro / heal / shield / summon C'tulhu" holdall

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There's no use replying to you anymore. You'll make up any bullshit to try and support your argument.

You're still arguing for a an absorb shield proc spell that removes you from combat ON A RANGED DPS CLASS.

Take the white knight armour off for today and take a break. You can crusade again next week, maybe you'll catch some uninformed people who think this garbage is awesome.
    I wasn't talking to you after all, my message was for Ophenia and he responded and I understand his opinion now, maybe if you were less arrogant and provided intelligent arguments like him you could have convinced me.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by lostinwoods View Post

[...] just add massive grinds to them, make them RNG, do whatever it takes to make sure they sub for at least another month.

[...] Every year our budget goes down for the game, we need to cut corners, add more RNG and slow down progress.

[...] Key point: Make sure that you time-gate the flying even when they buy in again. Lock it behind a grind that will last for about 2 months, which nets us double the money from the same consumer and potentially keep them around since by this time they would have made enough to buy a token.
    This needs to be repeated and understood by entirety of the community because this is the direction which the game has taken and is exactly what my experience has been so far after coming back to Legion last week. Everything is time gated, everything is grinded. It's a boring fucking game. I will not buy Battle for Azeroth before good reviews come up.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    HAHAHAHA.

YOU STILL THINK AN ABSORB SHIELD IS A GOOD/COMPELLING GAMEPLAY BONUS FOR A RANGED DPS CLASS.

Jesus Christ the White Knights are getting worse.

- - - Updated - - -

The Blizz Brigade still believes raid Azerite will have some amazeballs traits.

Hilarious.
    The only semi interesting traits will be gated behind mythic + and mythic raids. Which is obvious that Blizz is trying to entice players to do this level of content to justify this niche development to upper management.