Poll: Did you use the Remote AH much?

Remote AH retiring... did many of you use it ?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...se-is-retiring

API will still be accessible.

I never really used it much myself but I guess some on here did. Was it useful?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did use the website for a while, but I hope this means a AH revamp is coming, which is 100% needed for big realms like Draenor or Silvermoon EU.

I used to back in MoP.. made most of my gold at work with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's disappointing. I use it quite a bit to move items and stay on top of my auctions.

Was easier and faster imo.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Well, I didn't use the AH much for about two xpacs. But usually I sell when my reagent banks are getting too full, and then I used the app because it was much more comfortable and faster than using the real AH.
    So...no big issue for me, but I hope they are revamping the AH completely (and finally make it faster).
    Last edited by Puri; 2018-04-04 at 05:46 PM.

I barely ever used it which is appropriate because it barely ever worked.

Good riddance to an app Blizz stopped giving a shit about years ago.

Every day.

I hope this means the in-game AH is finally getting an overhaul. After using the app for so long, the in-game one is just so inferior and unusable compared to the app.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, I'm not a big AH user, and when I did use it I just did it in game with Auctionator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every day.

I would often log out in-game buy things on the remote AH and log back in and drop a mailbox.

Deleted
    Really bummed out it's being taken down. I've done 90% of my AH'ing over the past 6-7 years using the app. It automatically undercuts everything so it was easy using before work and before going to bed to get stuff easily posted.

Oh well, I can only assume there's a reason it's being taken down.

Deleted
    Same here. Only using the remote app as it's so much easier to use than the in-game one.
    And it allows you to post stuff from reagent and bank tabs, and mailbox. Instead of only your real inventory.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    For selling transmogs, in-game TSM lists are much easier, too bad it takes like 10-20 seconds to post 1 item on my realm, it adds up when you sell 400 in 1 session

On low pop realms, you could post things in under 1 second, but on high pop realms the situation is terrible the last year or so.

For posting reagents and simpler stuff, the remote AH worked fine.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-04-05 at 02:59 PM.

The only shame is I wish the in game AH without add-ons was as good. Maybe they will focus on making that stronger instead. Sure add-ons are great but it seems odd to me that the AH still feels so ancient in comparison to most of the rest of the game.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Sure add-ons are great but it seems odd to me that the AH still feels so ancient in comparison to most of the rest of the game.
    The concept of pages, and the fact that if someone posts a stack of 200 into singles, it needs just that many more pages to compare feels like a very old inefficient system.

Really hope there's some new tech coming that does away with the whole pages, or even stack-size issue.

Also for selling transmog it's a pita to do in game without addons as so many old items have different affixes, the remote AH seems to recognize that and put all the items together, regardless if its "of the bear", "of the eagle" , in-game does not.

Even Addons like Auctionator seems to have issues comparing Legion BoEs if they have different itemlevels/socket/3rd stat it thinks it's a seperate item.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-04-05 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The concept of pages, and the fact that if someone posts a stack of 200 into singles, it needs just that many more pages to compare feels like a very old inefficient system.

Really hope there's some new tech coming that does away with the whole pages, or even stack-size issue.

Also for selling transmog it's a pita to do in game without addons as so many old items have different affixes, the remote AH seems to recognize that and put all the items together, regardless if its "of the bear", "of the eagle" , in-game does not.

Even Addons like Auctionator seems to have issues comparing Legion BoEs if they have different itemlevels/socket/3rd stat it thinks it's a seperate item.
    Can't agree more.

Never used it. To be honest I had completely forgot that it even existed. From what I've read it was superior (at least in some aspects) to the in-game one. In that case I'm fine with it being removed, as long as the in-game one is updated. The AH on my realm has absurd amounts of lag.

I'm hoping for something that will negate the need for hundreds of pages of single pieces of herbs/ores. And for one that's more accessible, meaning outside of cities. If my hearthstone and portal items are on cooldown, it would be easier to log out, start the app and then log back in again. I find that retarded game design. Likewise with the order hall app. I can use that to quickly complete/start missions, recruit/activate troops and purchase/collect special items, on all my characters. If I do that in-game I'd have to first get the majority of my characters into their order hall, adding extra loading screens and adding annoying bits of running around.

These apps should provide limited abilities while you are away from home and should never be the most optimal/quickest choice to get something done.

Quote Originally Posted by SeroHuhu View Post
    Really bummed out it's being taken down. I've done 90% of my AH'ing over the past 6-7 years using the app. It automatically undercuts everything so it was easy using before work and before going to bed to get stuff easily posted.

Oh well, I can only assume there's a reason it's being taken down.
    And Auctionator doesn't undercut as well ? Really Doubt any App would beat this simple addon.

I get ppl used it for post if they cant access a PC, still I doubt it was a worthwhile time invested compared to just getting home, then log on and do it much faster with this one addon.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2018-04-28 at 03:13 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used it almost daily to see the gold coming in, but not too often to list items.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore