Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Just got another round of orange parses last night without potions. Maybe you're just struggling so hard because you're not very good at raiding.
    Who said I am struggling? I was talking about not using very basic power boost, which is just being lazy.
    Would you provide logs for the said orange parse? First and second bosses on mythic are quite widely done by casual raiders, so hopefully you have something more than that

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    even for the best players it takes 100 plus attempts for a group to take down most bosses, casual players dont put in that time so they wont be as good, knowing a fight and properly knowing it are 2 different things, can mean the difference between top tier performnace and average performance.

Even in heroic raiding if you dont know the fights you can easily mess it up for the entire raid, also icy veins and such is pretty useless in actually knowing your class, you need to look into the class yourself and play it alot and test everything out before you can actually play a class well.
    That's just not true at all. Even in mythic raids there's only like 2 or 3 bosses per raid which take 100+ tries and hc simplifies things a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    That's just not true at all. Even in mythic raids there's only like 2 or 3 bosses per raid which take 100+ tries and hc simplifies things a lot.
    actually it is true apart from the best of the best world first teams which can take down first few bosses usually fairly fast but beyond that most still take over 100 attempts, even for the 1st raid boss it can take upwards of 50 plus attempts to kill the boss and the first one is usually the easy essentially free kill for even the average player.

a guild with skilled players will still need to put 100s of attempts on most bosses to even get close at taking it down, ive raided and killed a fair few bosses as a realm first and not many went down in under 100 attempts, ive raided in the top 50 for a short time also most bosses were close or more than 100 attempts.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    actually it is true apart from the best of the best world first teams which can take down first few bosses usually fairly fast but beyond that most still take over 100 attempts, even for the 1st raid boss it can take upwards of 50 plus attempts to kill the boss and the first one is usually the easy essentially free kill for even the average player.

a guild with skilled players will still need to put 100s of attempts on most bosses to even get close at taking it down, ive raided and killed a fair few bosses as a realm first and not many went down in under 100 attempts, ive raided in the top 50 for a short time also most bosses were close or more than 100 attempts.
    I have no idea why you are making this up. The bolded part is so far away from the truth it's ridiculous. First couple of bosses are meant to be free loot, they get killed in <5 tries, then you get a couple of "don't be a retard" bosses that take a couple of pulls more, depending on how thick your players are and then you get to the final 1-2 bosses which might actually take a lot of tries. Maybe they put in a boss in the middle that takes 100 wipes, but those would be considered "walls", because they are significantly more difficult than the bosses around them.

Here's a random guild i found through google that publicly tracked their wipe counts: https://www.adaptguild.com/progress/ I guess they must be among the "best of the best world first teams" despite their ranks.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2019-06-13 at 10:55 PM.

they are probably no-effort ultra-casuals who ONLY raid LFR and have never seen a mythic anything live ever.

3+ Year Old Account
    Everyone plays at the level that entertains them the most. You know like what a video game is made to do entertain! Have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I get annoyed with people that can't seem to make it work. I was in a BoD normal the other night and we wiped 10+ times on oppulence before I threw my hands in the air and just left. The same people were dying over and over. Not once did they ask for suggestions or help on how to do a mechanic. They were on the left side and I was on the right, so I assumed I only needed to worry about the right side. Wipe after wipe, the left side would have 2-3 dead before we ever made it to the gems.

If someone is THAT bad, I don't ever want to raid with them period. It's like signing up for a softball team that's advertising as intermediate and then you have people out there at the first game playing like they've never swung a bat before. It absolutely infuriates me because I personally never want to be a burden on anyone. If I wipe a group, I feel like shit and I take it upon myself to undo my wrongs and to make it right. I don't typically find myself in that position because I'm always trying as hard as I can regardless of my role. If I'm dpsing, then I'm going to be top 3 if not the top dps. If I'm healing I'm going to be the best healer in that group. If I'm tanking, then I'm going to make sure I cycle my CD's properly and angle the boss away from the group to minimize damage.

So when I have to play with people who could care less how their poor performance affects everyone else, I say screw them. Those are the type of players that shouldn't be playing an MMORPG if they aren't going to try. It's like having that asshole in the group project who wants to do the bare minimum yet split credit equally. Again this isn't targeting people that have a mess up here and there, it's the people who mess up time after time and don't take it upon themselves to fix the issue.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I don't like boss mods, I'd rather play without them enjoying the encounter. Especially weak auras. Terrible addon.
    2. I don't like reading guides. I'd rather develop my own strategy. That belong both to class guides and raid guides.
    3. Rotation is very hard, I'm struggling to do it correctly.
    4. There are quite a lot of things going on, so I can miss something, because I can keep only so many things at once in my memory.

I think that our difference is that you want to succeed in this game. You want to kill bosses, get high ilvl, and so on. While I don't care about progress or gear. I care about process. I care about my own fun. If using DBM makes game less fun for me, I'll throw it, even if it means that I'll die from some mechanics.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-06-13 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    1. I don't like boss mods, I'd rather play without them enjoying the encounter. Especially weak auras. Terrible addon.
    2. I don't like reading guides. I'd rather develop my own strategy. That belong both to class guides and raid guides.
    4. There are quite a lot of things going on, so I can miss something, because I can keep only so many things at once in my memory.

I think that our difference is that you want to succeed in this game. You want to kill bosses, get high ilvl, and so on. While I don't care about progress or gear. I care about process. I care about my own fun. If using DBM makes game less fun for me, I'll throw it, even if it means that I'll die from some mechanics.
    You are literally the worst type of raider and I imagine you only ever get to see the full raid via LFR. No raid leader in their right mind that wants to actually complete the raid would take a player like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You are literally the worst type of raider and I imagine you only ever get to see the full raid via LFR. No raid leader in their right mind that wants to actually complete the raid would take a player like you.
    You're actually wrong. I'm mythic raider.

You're actually wrong. I'm mythic raider.
    I don't believe that at all. So you're either lying or you're a "mythic raider" in the sense that you pay gold for runs.

I don't believe that at all. So you're either lying or you're a "mythic raider" in the sense that you pay gold for runs.
    Having killed the 1st boss in mythic still makes you a mythic raider

I'm bad because I don't care all that much to be good. Plus Blizzard isn't really trying anymore so why should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my armory, I did not pay gold for runs

Here's my armory, I did not pay gold for runs
    And you haven't completed a single raid on mythic difficulty. I WONDER WHY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    I guess I'm a mythic raider then.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you haven't completed a single raid on mythic difficulty. I WONDER WHY.
    I completed Emerald Nightmare back in the Legion. But why does it matter? You have only two gradations: LFR and completed mythic? Probably in top-100 guild, no less, nerfed content does not count, right?

I guess I'm a mythic raider then.
    Technically yes. I consider first three bosses puggable at this moment, so proper mythic bosses start from 4-th, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-06-13 at 10:52 PM.

2. Took a quick look at warcraft logs ( Jadefire boss ) and your build is the one that many other mages use pretty often. So much for *developing my own strategy*
    1. No boss mods and weakauras ? Would like to see some recent POV then, though it is highly possible - some skilled players do not need such addons. I personally know just a few, and i am not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Took a quick look at warcraft logs ( Jadefire boss ) and your build is the one that many other mages use pretty often. So much for *developing my own strategy*
    I tested various builds and talked with some mages. Unfortunately mage lacks real choice in most tiers.

1. No boss mods and weakauras ? Would like to see some recent POV then, though it is highly possible - some skilled players do not need such addons. I personally know just a few, and i am not one of them.
    I have no idea how to stream and it seems that summer killed our guild until 8.2 I'm actually using BW because RL asks us to use it, with most abilities disabled, so other people could see /say at some moments. No weakauras. Again, I'm not calling myself skilled one. My logs are mostly gray (but I believe I still contribute enough DPS so I'm not a dead weight). I just don't enjoy playing game of bars and hitting button because weakaura told me so. I prefer to watch what's really happening in combat. That's more fun for me. And I think that I'm sometimes executing tactics better than some raiders using all their auras and stuff. Probably because I'm not overwhelmed with not very relevant things.

7+ Year Old Account
    No it fucking doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeywikey View Post
    No it fucking doesn't
    It does, you killed that mythic boss and will probably spend at least some time trying to kill the 2nd one