Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    because the game itself doesnt teach players how to get better

look at it from their point of view:
    i pay 15 bucks a month to play this game and in order to compete with others i need to use outside sources

thats BS and likely the reason bliz is fucking class design and using the gcd change
    And that's fucking retarded of blizzard to do so. Why would they balance the game around pugs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yupp... most people are terrible at this game.... very very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    Except wow is not a professional sport, very few earn anything from it. Whats this agenda about "being the best"? If thats fun for you then fine but people in general who play this game just want to have fun. I can understand if a person is not improving and they have hit their celing they may want to consult a guide, but it shouldn't be the first thing they do everytime.

Also i am not talking about mythic difficulty, that mode is meant for people like you but the lesser difficulties should be there for people to learn the fights.
    the amount of people who play wow professionally compared to those who dont is not really different from the people who play football professionally and those who just do it for fun. believe me, "very few" people play football or any sport professionally compared to the overall people playing it.

also. there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be the best, and just wanting to play the game for fun. All I'M saying is dont blame anyone but yourself for your shortcomings in the game.

the OP was "why are people bad at wow/raiding", my answer was "because they dont want to be better" and I stand by that.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    the amount of people who play wow professionally compared to those who dont is not really different from the people who play football professionally and those who just do it for fun. believe me, "very few" people play football or any sport professionally compared to the overall people playing it.

also. there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be the best, and just wanting to play the game for fun. All I'M saying is dont blame anyone but yourself for your shortcomings in the game.

the OP was "why are people bad at wow/raiding", my answer was "because they dont want to be better" and I stand by that.
    Well i play 5 a side football with friends and none of us play to be the best. It's all about the banter and having a laugh. Now if i started to shout at them and tell them to go and watch videos of professional football matches so they wouldn't suck so much i doubt they'd stick around. People talk on here about "they guy who sucks and lets everybody down in pugs and shoudn't of joined". Surely when you opt to join a pug YOU are taking the risk that random people will join the group who won't be as good as you or don't know the mechanics to begin with? Why is it reasonable to assume people should know all the tactics and are good players and if they aren't demand they to be kicked from the group.

At least try to be reasonable and understand that fun is very subjective and if you don't want to deal with "baddies" then stick to the mythic guild runs and don't expect people who join pugs to bend to your idea of fun.

Well i play 5 a side football with friends and none of us play to be the best. It's all about the banter and having a laugh. Now if i started to shout at them and tell them to go and watch videos of professional football matches so they wouldn't suck so much i doubt they'd stick around. People talk on here about "they guy who sucks and lets everybody down in pugs and shoudn't of joined". Surely when you opt to join a pug YOU are taking the risk that random people will join the group who won't be as good as you or don't know the mechanics to begin with? Why is it reasonable to assume people should know all the tactics and are good players and if they aren't demand they to be kicked from the group.

At least try to be reasonable and understand that fun is very subjective and if you don't want to deal with "baddies" then stick to the mythic guild runs and don't expect people who join pugs to bend to your idea of fun.
    none of those points are relevant to my post. It seems like you didnt even read it.

As I said, you're more than welcome to play just for fun. I'm just saying that if yoU're not a good player it's not because "you have a life blablabla" it's because you dont want to be better. and that's perfectly fine, just dont go around thinking it's for any other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    none of those points are relevant to my post. It seems like you didnt even read it.

As I said, you're more than welcome to play just for fun. I'm just saying that if yoU're not a good player it's not because "you have a life blablabla" it's because you dont want to be better. and that's perfectly fine, just dont go around thinking it's for any other reason.
    Whilst i did quote your post i was speaking about the thread in general. Yes i agree the "i have a life" responses are lazy and inmature if your trying to help the person. I can only speak for myself that i want to be better but at my own pace since this is essentially a hobby not a race to the end right?

Whilst i did quote your post i was speaking about the thread in general. Yes i agree the "i have a life" responses are lazy and inmature if your trying to help the person. I can only speak for myself that i want to be better but at my own pace since this is essentially a hobby not a race to the end right?
    sure, you're more than welcome to.

I'm the type of person that doesnt do anything half assed, I either give it my all or don't even try.

whether that's a good thing or not is up to debate, but I cant enjoy myself unless I'm trying my hardest.

people differ, there's nothign wrong with that. just be aware of yourself :P

Eh, I used to obsessively read up on my class, and would even fraps my own game play and watch it later to pick up mistakes and learn boss timers better. Last time I came back to WoW I just got carried by my old guild in their heroic alt run for gear that I didn't deserve. I didn't bother to look stuff up too much (though I did look at some class guides), but just I picked up mechanics over time (though that's kind of hard when most of the bosses are one shot).

I did fine for the most part since I had hardcore raiding experience in the past, but my mindset wasn't there. I can only imagine how bad someone who doesn't care and has no gaming skills is.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    And that's fucking retarded of blizzard to do so. Why would they balance the game around pugs.
    because instead of helping players in game they decide to nerf players

No one is asking guild players/pug players to be 99th percentile for their class but is it unreachable to ask people be even remotely aware? 50th, 75th? I don't think thats too much. Players skill who are all around 50th - 75th percentile for their class can easily complete all content until Mythic. (Bare in mind if everyone had this skill then these percentiles would be useless. This is just to get a point across.)

Since you used football as an analogy. If you go into a game with the purpose of just having a laugh with friends that completely different then join a pickup game where you are wanting to win and have a clear goal in mind.
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-04-08 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, people aren't playing the way I want them to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Oh no, people aren't playing the way I want them to play.
    Did you get the wrong thread or just forget to actually read OP's post?

I think most people are missing the most obvious answer. You're all talking about 3rd party info sites etc while missing the point that most people still type with 2 fingers. You can't expect them to be good at a game that requires more than 2 keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    Why his comment is spot on, the whole thread can indeed be summed up as "Oh no, people aren't playing the way I want them to play."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    Oh no, I did. I'm just wondering what the grief is about. If you really want to play with highly skilled people, then go ahead, pick the right group. Countless many people play with strangers and don't whine about how "not good" some people are. In the case of my guild, we either try to help them get better or we kick them because they're hard headed.

People are going to play the way they want to play is the baseline argument here. OP's argument has been repeated ad nauseum since the inception of WoW. The fact that this is still being brought up is just silly these days when there are many ways to remedy that headache. I've stated a few already: play with who you want (friends, guildies, whatever). Avoid LFR if you really don't want to play with "bad's". Make your own damn groups and kick who you don't feel is playing well, etc, etc.

Instead, they come to the forums to whine about it instead of finding solutions. This guy pugs heroics. Well, then either make your own heroic group where you dictate the rules or you do content with people you know and trust.

They're literally trying to dictate how others ought to be playing a game everyone should know by now is dominated by "casuals".

"It's really easy, you just have to download a bunch of mods (both for your spec and for raiding) and read a bunch of guides (both for your spec and for raiding), which all assume you're already very familiar with the game, your spec, and raiding!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Oh no, I did. I'm just wondering what the grief is about. If you really want to play with highly skilled people, then go ahead, pick the right group. Countless many people play with strangers and don't whine about how "not good" some people are. In the case of my guild, we either try to help them get better or we kick them because they're hard headed.

People are going to play the way they want to play is the baseline argument here. OP's argument has been repeated ad nauseum since the inception of WoW. The fact that this is still being brought up is just silly these days when there are many ways to remedy that headache. I've stated a few already: play with who you want (friends, guildies, whatever). Avoid LFR if you really don't want to play with "bad's". Make your own damn groups and kick who you don't feel is playing well, etc, etc.

Instead, they come to the forums to whine about it instead of finding solutions. This guy pugs heroics. Well, then either make your own heroic group where you dictate the rules or you do content with people you know and trust.

They're literally trying to dictate how others ought to be playing a game everyone should know by now is dominated by "casuals".
    You have a point as long as you assume that OP is posing their question as a passive-aggressive complaint rather than as a genuine inquiry. It might be hard to believe but the latter does occur at times.

Not every question involving "skill" or something of the sort is intended as a shot at 'casual' players.

A silly question because it really has no concrete answer.

Maybe that person is a mythic raider who just had one too many shots on what they thought was gonna be a fun raid night.
    Maybe they're just apathetic about trying their best, after grinding their 7th alt to 965 ilvl, and would rather just ignore the mechanics and tunnel.
    Maybe they're overconfident, and think their dps is so good they SHOULD be able to ignore mechanics and tunnel the boss.
    Maybe they're just half asleep.

Really, it could be almost anything. It's a case by case basis. Some people just don't have fast reactions, some people's minds just process information differently.

Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    A friend of mine has been playing WoW (off and on these days) since BC, and for someone who has played 100's of hours he is hilariously terrible at the game. He's never raided past LFR, he hates PvP so hasn't ever touched rated. All that he finds entertaining is questing, lvling up alts and farming transmogs. I often compare myself to him because I've been playing only slightly longer than he has, where he has no clue of whats happening outside the game, I'm constantly checking up on mmo-champ, watching streams on twitch reading about new and current content so I always know whats going on.

I don't consider myself a hardcore player, I've never done heroic raiding but I assume there are thousands of players like my friend who just have no interest in doing the hard stuff. Today you can get higher ilvl gear just from doing daily quest crap and invasions than a 2k+ rated pvp player so what's the point in learning something like boss fights or pvp strats if gear is handed to you on a platter.
    sounds like me. I've played since vanilla, didn't hit max level til wotlk, raided low end in wrath, raided in cata, and have been lfr ever since. The amount of stuff going on all at once has gotten annoying to me and I'm not a fan of it and I'm pretty bad as well. I'm shit with a keyboard basically, I'm shit with keybinds, I'm shit with keeping up a rotation and timing windows and bla bla. And frankly I don't care lol, I like th lore, transmogs, etc.

Keeping up with lore on the webs and gttting to at least see the content is fine with me

I have thought about this alot, and then i came across something eye opening.

While reading a thread on the official US forums, titled "Confess your sins" or something like that, i noticed a specific post, the guy didnt even post it with his real character name for obvious reasons, but it read as follows

"

But, I have so many sins, where do I start?

I AFK during trash.
    I show up late and wait for summons.
    I "borrow" consumables.
    I leave raids for an "emergency" when I get bored.
    I don't prehot people.
    I never DPS when there's nothing to heal.
    I use the wrong talents.
    I use tranquility to pad meters.
    My pet yells, "BONESTORM!".
    I take three spirit flasks.
    I vendor gear others could use.
    I don't learn boss mechanics before a raid.
    I group for world quests so I can AFK.
    I AFK during bosses.
    I roll need for transmog.
    I do the opposite of what I'm told in battlegrounds.
    I innervate myself.
    I queue as heals when I'm DPS.
    I don't loot so it will go to my mailbox.
    I play characters I find hot.
    I humblebrag when I win something coveted by others.
    I drop toy train sets when a raid leader is explaining the fights.
    I don't run back after a wipe.
    I take from the guild bank but I only deposit trash.

And heaviest of all upon my conscience...

I pretend to be penitent."

Reading this almost made my eyes water, and i swear to god, if i ever meet this person in my life, i will stab him through the neck with a rusty butterknife