Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They dont care. Dont care about themselves, dont care about the time of people they're playing with.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I don't really understand this logic. How is it more fun to be worse at the game, when playing correctly takes very little effort?
    I'll give you an example. On my ret pally I hardly use my single target finisher on a single target. I use Devine storm. Sometimes I even use a global on the ability where you mount up and move faster. I don't actually move. Why? Cause the content is pretty boring and it looks cool. Has my RL said anything? He said 'look at this moron looking cool n shit'. In a game where you don't even have to raid to be decked out in heroic gear, it is more important than ever to have fun. Some guy starts being an elitist prick? They are booted and we message all the other pugs in the finder about him. Be some fucking bad that KB turns and dies at the slightest sniff of a mechanic? We laugh our assess off and ask them to join the guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Totally fine, but if that's the case then they should explain the situation to people before they join groups for M+ or pug raids, because that's basically the same as saying "I'm doing whatever I feel like doing, even if it negatively affects what you're trying to do". If somebody's fun comes at the cost of my time being wasted, that's something I want to know up front.

If it's your own keystone or raid group and everybody involved knows that you're basically sabotaging your own odds of success for your own enjoyment, then nobody gets to complain. In literally every other situation, you're being incredibly selfish and deserve to get shit for it.
    If you are pugging content then nobody owes you a damn thing. If you find yourself playing with these types of people often then you really have to look in the mirror and ask ”if I am really a good player then why am I always playing with Bads?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I'm saying it's kind of absurd that none of this is really needed before you're at whatever the current level cap is at any given time. That is absolutely Blizzard's fault. It's not ALL Blizzard's fault that people don't want to learn if they want to do endgame stuff, but it is 100% their fault for creating the environment where learning anything isn't necessary until the end of the game.
    Except you do need to use them to get through the DH starting zone.

Literally there's a quest to teach you how to even use spectral sight to see invisible units or through walls. They don't hold back in forcing you to learn everything.

If a player isn't using interrupts or anything while leveling, that's THEIR fault.
    You can hardly expect Blizzard to make the leveling progressing that punishing that missing interrupts hinders it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I'll give you an example. On my ret pally I hardly use my single target finisher on a single target. I use Devine storm. Sometimes I even use a global on the ability where you mount up and move faster. I don't actually move. Why? Cause the content is pretty boring and it looks cool. Has my RL said anything? He said 'look at this moron looking cool n shit'. In a game where you don't even have to raid to be decked out in heroic gear, it is more important than ever to have fun. Some guy starts being an elitist prick? They are booted and we message all the other pugs in the finder about him. Be some fucking bad that KB turns and dies at the slightest sniff of a mechanic? We laugh our assess off and ask them to join the guild.
    This is the answer to OP's question. If you want to be a bad player then fine, but the second you start wasting other people's time because you want to be bad then you become a bad person too.

Blizzard tried to pretend that "their players became so much better" in the past.

While the truth is that most people stayed on the same level, and only the skill cap got higher. Means, the best got better, while the average player did not.

The consequence is that more and more players avoid instanced content, as blizzard did the mistake to raise the level of complexity based on the higher skill cap.

If they want to appeal the normal gamer, they would favor tank and spank bosses with maximum one extra ability, but surely not 10 phase bosses with 5 abilities each phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except you do need to use them to get through the DH starting zone.

Literally there's a quest to teach you how to even use spectral sight to see invisible units or through walls. They don't hold back in forcing you to learn everything.

If a player isn't using interrupts or anything while leveling, that's THEIR fault.
    You can hardly expect Blizzard to make the leveling progressing that punishing that missing interrupts hinders it.
    I mean... it's just weird that the actual mechanics of playing the damned game don't come into play in any real capacity until the very end. You don't think that's that bad design? You think that's good design, to make everything super mega ultra extremely easy, until the last 1% of the game, where it's entirely counter to that? You don't think that'd cause a whole lot of people not knowing what in the hell they're doing?

It makes good business sense, sure, to keep people stringed along, but game design sense, I don't get how that's a good thing at all. You genuinely think that's a good way to design a game?

Like, imagine if every single level in Super Mario Bros was the exact same difficulty of the first level, except the last level, where it suddenly turns into Ninja Gaiden difficulty? That'd be damned weird! Would that be good design? Why is it okay for WoW, or maybe MMORPGs, but not other genres?

I'm not even saying leveling has to be hard, and punishing. It just has to have a damned curve. It has no curve. At all. You learn pretty much nothing but the very basic controls and maybe a spell or two while leveling (aside from your example). You're not even thrown in any good conditions in which you're able to learn on your own, even. (Which would be the best way to design things. To let people learn by doing, and then learn by failure.) Instead, almost all learning is backloaded into the end of the game. That's absurd, IMHO.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2019-05-26 at 07:19 AM.

3 letters:

L
    F
    R

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you are pugging content then nobody owes you a damn thing. If you find yourself playing with these types of people often then you really have to look in the mirror and ask ”if I am really a good player then why am I always playing with Bads?”
    Yeah so no. I'm 9/9M and there are plenty of people who don't suck that I can do content with. That's not my point at all though, and your argument is basically a fucking Twilight Zone twist - wHaT iF yoU're tHe BaD oNe?!??!?

This is the entire problem with selfish, entitled people. You seem to think that you can actively do shit which inconveniences other people, and then claim that it's fine because you 'don't owe them anything'. Except you do. It's just common courtesy not to waste people's fucking time.

If I ask a friend for help with something in real life and they agree to help, that's also a situation where they don't owe me anything. Even so, if they turned up, fucked around and ended up making things more difficult for me, I would be completely justified in thinking that they're an asshole.

That's what you're doing. The fact that you don't even see that just serves to further demonstrate how terrible your attitude is. If someone was just learning the game then that would be one thing, but you're saying that you do actually know how to be helpful yet choose not to. Imagine thinking that's a remotely reasonable stance to take.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-26 at 12:54 PM.

This. Its an ever repeating sequence (untill enrage). Learn the sequence and you win. I never raided with addons. As the WoW interface itself gives you plenty of info and you can see a boss casting shit. I played feral and never needed addons to see when my shit (rake, rip, sr, tf) ran out.

People either just suck because they are dumb as fuck or lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    3 go to wago and DL the highest rated WA package for your class
    And what about the floor? No one thinks about the floor?

I mean, 99% of the players don't even see what's happening under their feet bc they just don't want or bc of their auras...

Bad players ALWAYS die by eating the first aoe floor of the fight, even tho they know it ALWAYS happens to them.

For the same reason people join your group and will not go to the raid on their own and will wait for a summon..

Laziness.

The game does nothing to challenge you on your journey to max level and really even at max level. Normal/Heroic/Mythic 0 dungeons are an absolute joke which doesn't cause players to improve. LFR and Normal Raids also do nothing for this. You don't want to make things to hard for the general player base even though 'hard' isn't really that hard at all, but find a nice balance of difficulty that challenges players in interesting ways.

There is also no incentive for players to get better at the game or improve at all. They can get carried or get welfare gear through TF system and warfronts etc.

I think some people who play this game are inherently stupid.

So many pugs i've seen people who get a simple mechanic "if you receive debuff, run out of the raid" and fail to do so.

Basically this . Meterhores and know nothing 'log analyzers'

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Basically this . Meterhores and know nothing 'log analyzers'
    I hope you're not trying to imply that analyzing your logs makes you a bad player.

Classic WoW is coming for those kind of players anyway it's the epitome of time spend trumps personal skill in all endgame content the perfect game for the casual gamer.

Look no further than to the M+ complain thread on this board that boils down to am i capable of doing competitive content in WoW ? if yes - content GOOD, if no - content BAD, same was true for Arena since TBC until they got rid of the rating requirement for the armor because apparently getting to 2k was too hard for people to get their shoulders.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2019-05-28 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    I hope you're not trying to imply that analyzing your logs makes you a bad player.
    I'm implying that the extreme majority of people fanatically 'analyzing' logs don't have a clue of how to do a real analysis, and instead use it as a glorified dps meter. People complain about players misusing raider.io, but that is nothing compared to the misuse of warcraftlogs. Both of these tools are fantastic resources for the game that bring you a lot of data and information, but both are usually butchered and abused in the mostly ignorant hands of the wow players.

10+ Year Old Account
    People just don't care and don't want to put in the effort or time to get better, all while expecting rewards for it.

Because there are no forced things which make you play better. Everything in the open world is faceroll. You can M+10 do with pug with average play or even just buy it. And HC raiding is a joke. Mythic raid for these people is "elitist". Also, you get almost the best gear for doing nothing special.

Like really. The game doesn't force you to play better. In older expansions like TBC, there were things which were hard and force you to play better because if you didn't you could not advance.

-Don't read up on mechanics
    -Care more about their own dps than interrupts
    -Don't optimize their gear
    -Have bad attitude towards other raid members
    -Stand in fire

Why? because they are immature or expect to get carried. Usually they lack insight too and leave when things gets hard.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2019-06-07 at 05:04 AM.