Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    just watch a stream of asmongold and you will understand why they are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I completed Emerald Nightmare back in the Legion. But why does it matter? You have only two gradations: LFR and completed mythic? Probably in top-100 guild, no less, nerfed content does not count, right?

Technically yes. I consider first three bosses puggable at this moment, so proper mythic bosses start from 4-th, but that's just my opinion.
    The fact that you have yet to complete a single mythic raid means that your only options have been mythic pugs that eventually kick you for dragging the entire group down. Nobody in their right mind would keep someone who doesn't use addons in their mythic group.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    It does, you killed that mythic boss and will probably spend at least some time trying to kill the 2nd one
    First 3 are puggable it doesn't. I would say minimum of Rasta plus at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I tested various builds and talked with some mages. Unfortunately mage lacks real choice in most tiers.

I have no idea how to stream and it seems that summer killed our guild until 8.2 I'm actually using BW because RL asks us to use it, with most abilities disabled, so other people could see /say at some moments. No weakauras. Again, I'm not calling myself skilled one. My logs are mostly gray (but I believe I still contribute enough DPS so I'm not a dead weight). I just don't enjoy playing game of bars and hitting button because weakaura told me so. I prefer to watch what's really happening in combat. That's more fun for me. And I think that I'm sometimes executing tactics better than some raiders using all their auras and stuff. Probably because I'm not overwhelmed with not very relevant things.
    Your logs are grey means you are getting carried and making your guild work harder. You aren't executing better than others if your logs are grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    It does, you killed that mythic boss and will probably spend at least some time trying to kill the 2nd one
    Sure, frame it that way if you want, that just means that the gulf between a "mythic raider" that killed the first boss and one that killed a second boss is gigantic.

Raiding requires a fair amount of prep work - would be much easier if people enjoyed reading

People are bad at raiding for the same reason people are bad at anything.

A lack of effort being put in, combined with certain learned skills they just never bother to pick up. Raid awareness being one of them.

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...acticed-skill/

By far the most important aspect of being good at this game is situational awareness. It Trumps everything and anything else, if you improve your situational awareness, you will automatically be good at the game.

The biggest reason I've never taken raiding seriousely (Aside from MOP when I killed garrosh on HC) is the commitment. I don't wanna come home from work and be like ah shit I gotta go online at 6pm and raid until 9pm. Or force myself to take an unfun cookie cutter spec just to please a elitist raid leader.

It's just not very fun tbh.

People are bad at every game, not just WoW.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Because most people don't really care, which is fine honestly. WoW is mechanically incredibly easy so a lot of bad players probably could be competent if they put time in.

I think there is quite a bit to do to become a good wow raider. I think some are not willing to do everything it takes to be good or great at raiding, but they still have a great time raiding.

There is no issue with that unless they see themselves better than they are.

Raiding was meant for a niche portion of the playerbase; it was never meant for the entire population to play. After all the complaints from the casual playerbase, Blizzard gave raiding multiple difficulties. Clearly, this approach hasn't worked. If you look at the statistics, you'll find that people are playing the content (LFR) and raising the active number of raiders by an incredible amount. This doesn't mean that the system is working to the benefit of the game; it simply means that people are taking part in the content that's available to them. This will almost always be the case, with WoW.

By giving people access to lower levels of difficulty, Blizzard has made players feel as though they are capable of participating in more content (and, to some extent, they are -- if you include the ability to AFK in an LFR raid). By allowing players to boost their characters, Blizzard is allowing players to play a class that they likely have no idea how to play. By allowing anonymity from name changes/server transfers, Blizzard has allowed players to become unaccountable for their performance/actions. The list goes on.

It's not the players' fault; it's the fault of the game's design direction that has been "evolving" over many years. There's no reason to blame any player for their lack of performance, unless they lie about their skills/experience to join a group. Lying on your résumé is nothing new, but the level of skill required for the upper tiers of content has drastically risen, since vanilla.

tl;dr Blame Blizzard's shitty game design, not the players.

I think part of the reason is that people have different expectations. You just listed 4 things to do OUTSIDE of the game to play the game. It may be hard to believe, but some people just play the game and learn as they go. Are those people fit for normal or heroic? No. I am fairly certain they are the majority of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizune View Post
    I think part of the reason is that people have different expectations. You just listed 4 things to do OUTSIDE of the game to play the game. It may be hard to believe, but some people just play the game and learn as they go. Are those people fit for normal or heroic? No. I am fairly certain they are the majority of the population.
    To be fair that's how I started, was just figuring it out as I went got randomly pulled into a guild kara run not knowing anything about raiding really, enjoyed it and just figured it out as I went along. Still yet to stop :P

I thought is was pretty clear that the vast majority of people playing wow could give a shit less about raiding seriously, doing arenas or pushing m+ keys. There is a reason why LFR, mount collecting and pet battles have far more participation than mythic raiding, pvp and pushing m+ keys, thats what most of the player base does and wants out of the game.

I wil never understand how can people be bad in pve (m+ and raiding) It's always the same. But most ppl just don't play raids i don't raid too because of how tie consuming mythic raiding is and i can't even understand how people find time for it and heroic raiding is just too low for me, no rewards, 0 challenge (mythic is 0 challenge after some time too but at beginning it's not)

Blizzard is not encouraging it.. They are handing out warforged items from the easiest content, so why should raiding be any different?
    You just need to stop inviting people without checking their logs first.

Or maybe blizz could stop handing out items left and right, and make the game more rewarding again.

Want a serious answer?

ignoring natural skill, age, time spent on the game, internet connection and computer one the main issues that don't allow the "masses" to evolve is... the f*cking UI. A game with 15 years with monthly subscription and baffles me that we still use the vanilla UI with little additions.

If the game had the correct frames position, the information we get from weakauras (boss fights, cooldowns, debuffs, etc) alot of ppl could/would improve. But NO... we still need 10 more years of paying per month 11 to 13 euros (in EU) to Blizzard enters the XXI century. Or count with the support of our community to create the UIs, weakauras etc that as you know most of the "people bad at wow/raiding" don't use it, don't know how to configure correctly, etc.

To be honest I'd say that I'm a very bad player. Been playing since WotLK. Well I can say, and thank god i did, i did get way better than i was at first. But as it comes to Mythic+ and Raiding I am very bad. The main thing is that i dont feel like really paying attention to this part of the game. On the other hand I think i'm okay at PvP. Not the focusses rated PvP, but more the sitback 1vX kind of PvP (Admitting that in most of these situations the enemies aren't good players at all, but still with all the CC it feels good to win a 1vX)

I think its mostly mindset from people that make them 'bad'. Which is probably mostly the case with me.. Maybe im wrong though, maybe even if i would put in the effort and such i'd still suck, but who knows. I think the biggest accomplishment i got in wow, is Getting close to Lord of the Reins (Not even there yet, imagine). But this isnt skill based AT ALL.

I think the connotation of "bad gamers" is mainly due to them relying too heavily on people who know what they are doing, and getting carried.

I can recall many times and fights where someone in better gear, set is doing worse than other people with less gear, who simply just know how to play their class.

A lot of stuff is given to us quite easily, without any real test of skill. Raiding does test that, not only for yourself, but how well you work as a team, and with other players. Same for PvP

Getting carried is quite commonplace now. Do a few world quests, get LFR welfare epics, and ur caught up.. But, does this truly give someone the edge in knowing their class, and being able to compete on the same level as people who have.. More time and effort into their class and game.

TLDR: People are lazy, and often times don't care enough to try and get the best outcome.