Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Do all of you anti-helf put words into people's mouths? Where did I see High Elves would take their city? And your first sentence is about as Horde-biased as you can get lmao.

Oh it isn't new? I wonder why they said they'd deliver feedback from both sides to developer's then? Surely there can't be NEW feedback if as you say they've known for years people wanted them and I'm sure anti-helfers existed back then too as well yeah?
    After a while you lump most pro-helf people together when they operate under the same appeal to possibility fallacy.

If you're honestly trying to say that High elves are as important as blood elves then I will laugh, playable races are always more important than those stuck in npc land.

When every argument boils down to "I want high elves because I want them" the arguments aren't that compelling, and I doubt they will become playable, especially after void elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    [...] and I doubt they will become playable, especially after void elves.
    I am pretty sure you (and some others here) are actually believing the opposite.

That is why you are so eager to engage in those discussions, over and over.
    You fear it is allready a lost cause and try some last stand action in the hope to prevent that thing to happen. Otherwise you would not even remotely care as much.
    At least not if you have no personality disorder in the neuroticistic spectrum. (Which I doubt)
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2018-04-24 at 12:01 AM.

Story-wise, it be interesting if Silvermoon fell to the Alliance, but the Sunwell was against destroyed by the Void interaction foreshadowed in the Nightbourne unlock questline.

Silvermoon is basically destroyed/falls to the Void. The High Elves become playable, but at what cost?

The Blood Elves move to Suramar, taking some of the Sunwell's waters with them like they originally took some of the Well of Eternity's waters with them. Us that to spike the remains of the Nightwell, causing a new Well of Power that is somewhere between the Nightwell and the Sunwell. Well of the New Dawn, perhaps.

The Void Elves and High Elves struggle with what they've done to their homeland and in the revamp are fighting the Void around the Sunwell while trying to rebuild in the forest and ghostlands. The High Elves either take the still livable areas while the Void Elves live closer to the madness, or the Void Elves stay in their Rift, while the High Elves start in Dalaran or Stormwind, and the Silvermoon region is part of their end game experience, rather than leveling content.

7+ Year Old Account
    After a while you lump most pro-helf people together when they operate under the same appeal to possibility fallacy.

If you're honestly trying to say that High elves are as important as blood elves then I will laugh, playable races are always more important than those stuck in npc land.

When every argument boils down to "I want high elves because I want them" the arguments aren't that compelling, and I doubt they will become playable, especially after void elves.
    Not even trying to say HE are as important as BE, I mean it's a given main races will get more lore than NPC races yeah? BE have gotten lots more lore after TBC right? I don't pay attention to their lore so idk lol

Anyways, I equate HEs to have as much importance as Dark Iron Dwarves do to Alliance, hence why they'd be an Allied Race in the first place.

No AR is going to have as much lore as a main race (though from the sounds of some others the HEs have had more lore than some already playable races [Gnomes/Worgen?] who knows) that much is given.

I mean as I've stated before, does Horde side have any group like the Silver Covenant who are an NPC race that's progressed alongside the Alliance narrative? If not then that puts Alliance HEs in a unique situation.

Most pro-HE arguments are supported with in-game representation and quests of HEs on Alliance. Your "I want High Elves because I want them" sounds more like what the anti-HE side is doing. "I don't want them because I say so" since there's no proof available for "fears" such as "catastrophic faction imbalance" or "destroying faction identity" from them being added, or are there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    I am pretty sure you (and some others here) are actually believing the opposite.

You fear it is allready a lost cause and try some last stand action in the hope to prevent that thing to happen. Otherwise you would not even remotely care as much.
    At least not if you have no personality disorder in the neuroticistic spectrum. (Which I doubt)
    Let me turn that around, you only participate in these discussions because after ten years of saying no, you're afraid that blizzard will continue to say no for another ten years. You find a thread with a few like minded individuals and you repeat the same debunked arguments for playable high elves until you yourself believe that it has a bigger chance than it does.

When all else fails, make sure to toss in a poorly hidden, poorly crafted insult.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted

Or because people have the right to have an opinion, especially when whatever discussed could potentially affect them?

Get off your high horse.

Deleted
    Let me turn that around, you only participate in these discussions because after ten years of saying no, you're afraid that blizzard will continue to say no for another ten years. You find a thread with a few like minded individuals and you repeat the same debunked arguments for playable high elves until you yourself believe that it has a bigger chance than it does.

When all else fails, make sure to toss in a poorly hidden, poorly crafted insult.
    And that is called projection now.

Please keep the psychobabble speculation to yourself. It has no place here.

The people who engage in these discussions have their own motives. Most of them want to remind the people who want high elves that things are more complicated than they would like, and that it would come at a cost. They have been willing to engage with you about a topic of your own interest, and to explain to you their thoughts about it. You should really show some respect, rather than acting like everyone who disagrees with you is mentally ill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Story-wise, it be interesting if Silvermoon fell to the Alliance, but the Sunwell was against destroyed by the Void interaction foreshadowed in the Nightbourne unlock questline.

Silvermoon is basically destroyed/falls to the Void. The High Elves become playable, but at what cost?

The Blood Elves move to Suramar, taking some of the Sunwell's waters with them like they originally took some of the Well of Eternity's waters with them. Us that to spike the remains of the Nightwell, causing a new Well of Power that is somewhere between the Nightwell and the Sunwell. Well of the New Dawn, perhaps.

The Void Elves and High Elves struggle with what they've done to their homeland and in the revamp are fighting the Void around the Sunwell while trying to rebuild in the forest and ghostlands. The High Elves either take the still livable areas while the Void Elves live closer to the madness, or the Void Elves stay in their Rift, while the High Elves start in Dalaran or Stormwind, and the Silvermoon region is part of their end game experience, rather than leveling content.
    Interesting idea. I didn't think about the consequences that the Void Elves might have on the Sunwell.
    My first asumption would have been that the Night Elves would have made sure that well is destroyed aswell, the same thing they did with the Nightwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is called projection now.
    Throwing around words doesn't make your argument any stronger, especially when you misuse them.

You've descended into a "no you" argument.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-04-24 at 12:16 AM.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Please keep the psychobabble speculation to yourself. It has no place here.
    You seem to react extremely vulnerable regarding that specific topic(repeatedly). Interesting.
    Oh an dI never said someone is mentally ill. Projection again?

Just questioning the ongoing afford and concerning needs some people here seem to have regarding a topic, that by their believes, should not bother them at all.
    If it however bothers them so much, there is allways a reason behind it and that is quite interesting. To me atleast.

So a person who claims he doesn't believe something is going to happen but is fighting very eagerly against that, doesn't really believe it isn'6 going to happen. It is easy to see. The only explaination beside that is what I said but doubted. So this leads me back saying that you guys are scared and are fully aware that HEs are indeed very, very likely.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2018-04-24 at 12:17 AM.

You seem to react extremely vulnerable regarding that specific topic(repeatedly). Interesting.
    Oh an dI never said someone is mentally ill. Projection again?
    It's obviously way out of line. What's your problem anyway?

You've implied in several posts that people who disagreed with were mentally ill. I call you out on it, and you suggest it's because I'm mentally ill. You're literally proving my point in your response. In any case, it's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, inflammatory, and generally disrespectful. Get yourself together.

The Sunwell could easily be turned into a well of the void, if Blizzard ever felt like it. Velen reignited it using a Naaru's heart and Alleria could use the essence of L'ura to turn it into a font of void power. Naturally, it should actually become a font of fel power as that's what you get when light and void clash and we're talking about a light-based Naaru's power clashing with a void-based Naaru's power.

Turning the Sunwell into a font of void powers would bring nothing good though. The only thing I can see coming out of it is an Old God being reinvigorated/summoned/ported in from space or perhaps something even more terrible. Between blood elves and void elves and front a story point of view, it would be preferable that blood elves keep it.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-04-24 at 01:19 AM.

Well....Tentacles and elves have been a thing before in fiction.

Lol this is golden comedy material. A few blues extend some threads, and all of a sudden playable high elves are an inevitability in your minds.
    Also what is there to fear? Blizzard is not making them playable nor they are planning to. It is going exactly as I wanted. I smell a shitload of projection in that sentence of yours though.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Closing this down at this point. The original post this started off of was not great in and of itself, and this probably should have been shut down a lot earlier.

There is now a dedicated High Elf megathread, so please keep all discussion regarding High Elves as a potential allied race or whatever else about them in that thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ion-Megathread

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions