Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And thats fine. I do however not think it's fair. As I explained, I prefer a system where PvP rewards PvP-related rewards and nothing else.
    Well the counter argument is there is nothing equivalent in PvP to raiding as far as rewards and item levels that are easily attainable so it really doesn't matter unless you are in world first guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well the counter argument is there is nothing equivalent in PvP to raiding as far as rewards and item levels that are easily attainable so it really doesn't matter unless you are in world first guilds.
    It does matter if you want to remain competative. Not for you maybe but for others it might.
    I mean with that logic you could get 300% less XP and not be able to use flasks and pots. I'm sure you'll manage but it's not really fun, is it?

It does matter if you want to remain competative. Not for you maybe but for others it might.
    I mean with that logic you could get 300% less XP and not be able to use flasks and pots. I'm sure you'll manage but it's not really fun, is it?
    The thing is it is a minority of players that are "competitive" and always has been, Blizzard caters to the masses not the minority, just as it is in life with many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Why is Blizzard trying to force PvP down the throats of people who just don't want it? I couldn't care less about PvP, I just wanna do the PvE content personally, but in Battle for Azeroth it seems that if I want the best possible reward and outcome I NEED to be PvP enabled.

Now, this wouldn't be too bad... If it weren't for asshole players who like to fuck with other people for no other reason than to be a dickweed. Let's say you're in, I dunno, Stormsong Valley. You're level 111, just doing some quests, going about your business, wishing the Vulpera were an allied race, when suddenly a band of three or four 120's who know that everyone in the zone are gonna be marked for PvP, rush in and start killing them left and right, camping corpses, ganking them because they like being assholes. Hell, Blizzard will even ENCOURAGE ganking considering at 120, you'll be able to visit the opposite faction's island. And ONLY at 120. So basically, while leveling, they're asking you to level while being harassed by 120 Horde/Alliance players who want to be assholes for the sake of being assholes.
    The only way to solve it now would be to turn off "War Mode" until they get bored, or some of your own faction's 120's come and fight them off.

THEY ARE PUNISHING PLAYERS WHO PLAY THE GAME HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY IT.

This is like if Blizzard said, "Alright from now on, only Warlocks can be Afflic spec, and if you don't play Afflic spec, you will not recieve Warforged or Titanforged gear and will recieve a -50% attack speed."

It's like that whole shit with dailies in Warlords. They boasted about "Oh, everyone loves doing Dailies so much, it's practically all they do!" because that was all there was to do! It's gonna be the same with Battle for Azeroth, Blizzard instates that players who turn on PvP will get better rewards and experience, they'll brag about how "PvP has seen a sharp increase in popularity" when, in reality, those numbers are artificial. Of course when you force players to turn on PvP to get better rewards, they're going to fucking do it. But will that mean they LIKE it? No, the same people who didn't like PvP before will still hate it, the same people who liked it will still like it, and people on the fence will lean to one side or the other eventually.

So I guess I'll see you all in Battle for Azeroth, hiding in a Graveyard while a group of 120's abuse Blizzard's "brilliant" ideas.
    I feel this comes from a PVE realm player, you tend to demonize PVP too much.
    I play on pvp and I could count in my hands the times I got attacked in legion to begin with, pvp is not that big of a deal and blizzard already gives you the option to "realm hop" if your ass is being spanked too hard . I can't really remember the last time i got ganked and thought pvp was slowing me down.
    Also i don't think the pvp buff will be substancial enough to cause a mass outcry when the game launches , it would be naive from blizzard to do so .

Why is Blizzard trying to force PvP down the throats of people who just don't want it? I couldn't care less about PvP, I just wanna do the PvE content personally, but in Battle for Azeroth it seems that if I want the best possible reward and outcome I NEED to be PvP enabled.

--rest of rant--
    From other threads that say the same thing as your clone thread: yes, this will be true for probably the initial levelling, but once the diehard gankers get to max (and they will push quick, maybe a week), it will be unfeasible to keep War Mode on due to ganking/camping. You will be better served by just grinding slightly slower to max and pushing current endgame content.

The thing is it is a minority of players that are "competitive" and always has been, Blizzard caters to the masses not the minority, just as it is in life with many things.
    Of course they do but PvP has never been a large part of WoW and especially not world PvP. There is a reason why most PvP servers are basically just populated by either horde or alliance.

This was a change that was not needed. Well, unless they feel like the amount of players on individual servers were getting too low but the reward structure was not needed in any case.

Of course they do but PvP has never been a large part of WoW and especially not world PvP. There is a reason why most PvP servers are basically just populated by either horde or alliance.

This was a change that was not needed. Well, unless they feel like the amount of players on individual servers were getting too low but the reward structure was not needed in any case.
    Oh I agree with you that it is not needed, I feel like it is just a bone they are throwing to PvP players. If you feel forced to do it though to get a slight advantage then you just have to do it and deal with it or not do it and be ok with it.

It does matter if you want to remain competative.
    You don't even know what the "extra rewards" are. So making that assertion is nothing but total bullshit.

Says the guy whose "logic" is akin to saying in LFR we should get the exact same rewards as mythic raids. Item level, model graphics and all the extra drops (mounts, pets, etc).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    PvP is a niche in wow and not something the entire leveling process should be balanced around.

Sorry if this squeezes your tits
    Raiding is a niche to does that mean questing shouldn’t be based around it? Should you be able to get mythic gear from leveling because it’s a niche?

Oh I agree with you that it is not needed, I feel like it is just a bone they are throwing to PvP players. If you feel forced to do it though to get a slight advantage then you just have to do it and deal with it or not do it and be ok with it.
    Well, I could also voice my opinion about it and hope that Blizzard does not go overboard with the rewards. Thats how I deal with it. I'm not saying that others can't think differently however. Some posters get very worked up about that though. It's like they only want to hear that they are right and everything else is some form of personal attack. I find it weird.

Well, I could also voice my opinion about it and hope that Blizzard does not go overboard with the rewards. Thats how I deal with it. I'm not saying that others can't think differently however. Some posters get very worked up about that though. It's like they only want to hear that they are right and everything else is some form of personal attack. I find it weird.
    It is very weird, Blizzard does listen and I don't think the bonus is going to be a night and day difference anyways. Like a lot of people have been mentioning it would combat the constant threat of being ganged and camped in a leveling or questing scenario.

I hate that I'm forced to do Mythic Raiding just to stay competitive with my fellow dragon slayers on item level. Only 1% of the population kills mythic bosses, why is Blizzard punishing the other 99% who don't want all these goddamned mechanics to deal with when just killing internet monsters. If I wanted to put up with getting one-shot by random bullshit, I'd go participate in World PvP.

Make PvE great again.

How dare somebody be rewarded for doing something I don’t want to do...
    Last edited by Pvp guy; 2018-04-17 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Grammar

Hahahaha! It never ceases to entertain me when stupid people get angry and create rage threads.
    a) you have no idea what those rewards will be - might as well be mediocre 5% exp buff
    b) No one forces you to turn the pvp mode on, you can still play as if you were on pve server. Just those who turn the pvp on will get some small perks. You're not loosing anything.
    c) Get help, you've got anger issues and most likely intelligence deficit.