Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i'm not even going to bother reading that

Quote splitting + SJW = Trolling Guaranteed

You heard it here first folks, EQO is preparing his concentration camps for all the asian people

That's not an accusation you just throw around at people, especially over something so petty. Being a racist is a pretty terrible thing to be accused of with this day and age's mob mentality - it's just as bad as calling a black person a nigger.

It's not OK to just casually toss out accusations like that.
    You can't actually be serious, spending less time on /pol/ would do you a lot of good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You can't actually be serious, spending less time on /pol/ would do you a lot of good.
    Considering I don't know what /pol/ is, how do you spend less than no time on something?

I am just saying. Go sit down with a group of people, have the same conversation about this gesture and tell me if anyone in the conversation starts lambasting anyone as a racist for having a different opinion and if they do, tell me how that ends for them.

That's just not normal behavior, that's ornery as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    So funny to pull your eyes like that. Much humorous.
    It is to people who aren't overly sensitive and have a relaxed sense of humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Are Overwatch players allowed to trash talk each other or would that upset Blizzard too much?
    nope

Jake complained to management and made xqcO about him (a twitch emote on xQc's channel) when it was about how busted riptire is, claiming he was harassing him. Then there was the time that he took shots back at Muma for trash talking him which he was then lambasted as homophobic for etc.

so no everyone is supposed to be fake

so no everyone is supposed to be fake
    just like real athletes
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    just like real athletes
    just like everyone who works at walmart

Yeah it's almost like holding a job and expected to be professional doing it.

What a twist.

just like everyone who works at walmart
    You try dealing with generally shitty people all day and try not being jaded.

I don't understand how people are surprised by this. Once these players are signed by a team, they represent Blizzard and the league. It doesn't matter if you personally aren't offended by this joke or if these are jokes your Asian friends make among each other. This is now these player's jobs. If you work at pretty much any professional business and made a joke like this to a customer, you would expect to get in trouble for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I don't understand how people are surprised by this. Once these players are signed by a team, they represent Blizzard and the league. It doesn't matter if you personally aren't offended by this joke or if these are jokes your Asian friends make among each other. This is now these player's jobs. If you work at pretty much any professional business and made a joke like this to a customer, you would expect to get in trouble for that.
    Not really a link there. Sure they'd be up shit creek if they did it AT work at 99% of jobs, but (Insert Generic Job Here) isn't going to fine and/or fire you for saying "Fuck (Insert generalized slang racial name here)s!" on your personal stream, or telling someone to suck a dick. If they did, most "part time streamers" would be in deep shit.

The funniest part over anything related to ANY of this: 99.9% certain that most of the people who call things "racist" are the Caucasian majority who have never experienced actual racism in their life. Just like most people screaming "Sexism" are male and "Homophobic" are straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's almost like holding a job and expected to be professional doing it.

What a twist.
    If I ever got fired from a job anywhere over something like this or received any more than a verbal warning for it, my ass would be sandbagging every last second until they fired me. I'd start looking for a job somewhere else that day and not even call in after getting hired.

If I ever got fired from a job anywhere over something like this or received any more than a verbal warning for it, my ass would be sandbagging every last second until they fired me. I'd start looking for a job somewhere else that day and not even call in after getting hired.
    But unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not really a link there. Sure they'd be up shit creek if they did it AT work at 99% of jobs, but (Insert Generic Job Here) isn't going to fine and/or fire you for saying "Fuck (Insert generalized slang racial name here)s!" on your personal stream, or telling someone to suck a dick. If they did, most "part time streamers" would be in deep shit.

The funniest part over anything related to ANY of this: 99.9% certain that most of the people who call things "racist" are the Caucasian majority who have never experienced actual racism in their life. Just like most people screaming "Sexism" are male and "Homophobic" are straight.
    It's different when you are representing a company. A cashier at McDonald's doesn't represent the company, but a PR person like someone who works for their social media, does. Someone who does the camera work for the league tournaments likely would not get into too much trouble for doing something like that. But someone who directly in the public eye, like the players, will.

So... your response in getting told/reprimanded not to do a "Mr. Chinky Gooky Gooky" eyes around potential customers, you throw on a full tantrum and drag your reputation through the dirt.

Okay then, you sure showed me.

Snrk.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2018-04-09 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... your response in getting told/reprimanded not to do a "Mr. Chinky Gooky Gooky" eyes around potential customers
    That's not what happened.

Thank you for demonstrating that SJWs aren't intellectually inclined enough to participate in discussions of topics that concern them.

That's not what happened.

Thank you for demonstrating that SJWs aren't intellectually inclined enough to participate in discussions of topics that concern them.
    He was fined $6000 and suspended for three games. You are right, that's not a reprimand, that's a punishment.

What else is your point, exactly?

Don't embarrass your employer/company you are representing with childish antics. He learned his lesson (here's hoping) and perhaps that would dissuade others from doing so.

I don't get why people are surprised and throwing a fit that he got punished.

Blizzard is essentially treating OWL akin to any sports league. That means the players/coaches/anyone involved have a code of conduct to follow with strict punishment if they don't. If Blizzard wants OWL to be taken seriously then they have to be strict on this stuff.

Has nothing to do with being sensitive, but has everything to do with being professional.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I don't get why people are surprised and throwing a fit that he got punished.

Blizzard is essentially treating OWL akin to any sports league. That means the players/coaches/anyone involved have a code of conduct to follow with strict punishment if they don't. If Blizzard wants OWL to be taken seriously then they have to be strict on this stuff.

Has nothing to do with being sensitive, but has everything to do with being professional.
    Because people want their cake and eat it too; they want the respect and admiration sport athletes get, but they also want to be obnoxious and immature like they were at a LAN Arcade next to a dilapidated Olive Garden.

It's going to be rough, especially considering the age grouping of these players lacking the background most physical athletes get in team settings; conduct, professionalism. You'll get the occasional trash talking/banter between players, but there is a line and you were called out immediately if you crossed it.

I don't know how anyone can live in modern society and not know that doing the old "ching chong eyes" thing in public is a really really bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people want their cake and eat it too; they want the respect and admiration sport athletes get, but they also want to be obnoxious and immature like they were at a LAN Arcade next to a dilapidated Olive Garden.

It's going to be rough, especially considering the age grouping of these players lacking the background most physical athletes get in team settings; conduct, professionalism. You'll get the occasional trash talking/banter between players, but there is a line and you were called out immediately if you crossed it.
    rofl how many times has lebron james cheated on his wife and been caught smoking weed and nobody makes a big deal about it? you are pretty delusional if you think these athletes spend as much time in front of people as pro gamers do, especially with their organizations being able to demand that they stream after scrimming for 8hrs (yes that is a thing, it's in the contract).

xQc is one of the most hated players for being a nonconformist but the fact was that this guy was in public view for what... up to almost 20 hours a day sometimes? maybe you haven't figured that part out yet.

pro players shouldn't be your kids role model and if you think that they should be it is probably because you are a shitty parent.

rofl how many times has lebron james cheated on his wife and been caught smoking weed and nobody makes a big deal about it? you are pretty delusional if you think these athletes spend as much time in front of people as pro gamers do, especially with their organizations being able to demand that they stream after scrimming for 8hrs (yes that is a thing, it's in the contract).

xQc is one of the most hated players for being a nonconformist but the fact was that this guy was in public view for what... up to almost 20 hours a day sometimes? maybe you haven't figured that part out yet.

pro players shouldn't be your kids role model and if you think that they should be it is probably because you are a shitty parent.
    I think you don't realise that there's a difference between being a streamer who plays well and being an esport athlete who also streams.