Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ThtOneGuy View Post
    Or, you could follow the example of Tauren who came before you, and stick it to the Horde. Need I remind you that is exactly what the Tauren did during the Stonetalon quests?

Edit:
    Somehow missed that being on your list, that is easily the best option.
    You mean like Cairne?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only good Night elf is a DEAD NIGHT ELF.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    RP that, without access to Hyjal, the population of Orgrimmar would suffer from starvation, and the constant aggression of the elves are a threat to your faction's existence.

You serve the Horde.
    You made an OATH!
    BURN THE TREE, DRUID! And remember that it's for a better cause :3

For my guild, we have been roleplaying that we have been getting intelligence reports ( from the field, such as warden towers, and from the forsaken) that the tree is corrupted, and the elves are failing to take action. It seems like the best way to handle it because the information can easily be false, but our characters have every reason to believe it to be true. We are slowly coming to the agreement that something must be done about that tree, weather it be burned or cleansed...but soon, sylvanas will give us our choice.

The Cenarion Circle was never really comfortable with planting Teldrassil. They saw it as reckless and arrogant. Questing there has always hinted at corruption in the tree, and Fandral turned out to be a bad seed (ha!). A Tauren druid would in no way be obligated to oppose destroying Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantor View Post
    For my guild, we have been roleplaying that we have been getting intelligence reports ( from the field, such as warden towers, and from the forsaken) that the tree is corrupted, and the elves are failing to take action. It seems like the best way to handle it because the information can easily be false, but our characters have every reason to believe it to be true. We are slowly coming to the agreement that something must be done about that tree, weather it be burned or cleansed...but soon, sylvanas will give us our choice.
    So you are degrading your entire guild into a bunch of blind bafoons that close their eyes and shut their ears as soon as somebody tells them shit? Don't geht me wrong. I understand the situation. But i would not feel comfortable with this solution, because i don't like all of my characters to be gullible sheep.

If i am an Undead, walk up to a (supposedly) heroic Druid and tell him the tree he sits next to is certainly corrupted, so he has to destroy it immediately...i would TOTALLY expect him to do just as i say. Just picture this scene. It's comically bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    The Cenarion Circle was never really comfortable with planting Teldrassil. They saw it as reckless and arrogant. Questing there has always hinted at corruption in the tree, and Fandral turned out to be a bad seed (ha!). A Tauren druid would in no way be obligated to oppose destroying Teldrassil.
    The quests were changed and resolved in Cataclysm. You know...december 2010....that's more than 7 years ago. The same expansion where the Horde followed the call of the circle to Hyjal and fought side by side with Malfurion to actually save the Nature of Northern Kalimdor. But i guess the orders of a Banshee are far more important than all of that.

---

Look, i understand your situation...you are Horde players and not Scourge II. You don't really have a choice. I'm just looking at these excuses from a Night Elf RP POV and think about why my character should hate you any less for it...but as a matter of fact...she would hate you even more. Because while those who do not care or follow Sylvanas out of conviction are just plain evil and could not know better....you could. And still decided to destroy her homeland. This is the worst kind of evil, imho.

I know this may not sound fair, as Blizzard is not giving you a choice. But this is an RP topic, afterall.

I eat Tauren and Pandaren.

Kill on sight. Campfire, /eat.

As for motivation, if you believe in what the Cenarion Circle espouses you can only RP that you are a dissident/heretic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I have a Tauren druid on a roleplay realm (Argent Dawn US). It's a sleepy small server, and I don't RP with others much, but I do RP in my own head a lot. I am conflicted on how to approach BfA on this toon. Part of the problem is not knowing what, if any, options for nuance or dissent Blizz will offer us in the war ahead. As I see it, our options are:
    • RP that forests in northern Kalimdor are not of concern to Tauren druids.
    • RP that loyalty to Horde trumps loyalty to Cenarion Circle.
    • RP that burning of Darkshore and Ashenvale is all part of nature's balance.
    • RP that - even though I might play through the content - my character is not doing these things.

Another option I am seriously considering:
    • Faction Change, and RP as Tauren who sought political refuge with the Night Elves so they can fight to defend nature rather than burning it. After all, I'll be in bear or travel form 90% of the time anyway, right? The rest could be an illusion lent by Malfurion to avoid alarming the neighbors.

If I do this one, I will still need to have a tank available for my Horde friends, so I am thinking of a double swap moving my DK to Horde and Druid to Alliance. I could see my DK supporting Sylvanas's war easier than my druid.

Thoughts? Ideas?
    1. you dont have to join in it.
    2. you could choose to stay with the horde but not assist them in such a horrid act
    3. you could choose to say fuck the horde and work with the cenarion circle to keep the horde from pushing further into lets say maybe moonglade
    those are all i, a fel corrupted warlock can think of :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    So you are degrading your entire guild into a bunch of blind bafoons that close their eyes and shut their ears as soon as somebody tells them shit? Don't geht me wrong. I understand the situation. But i would not feel comfortable with this solution, because i don't like all of my characters to be gullible sheep.

If i am an Undead, walk up to a (supposedly) heroic Druid and tell him the tree he sits next to is certainly corrupted, so he has to destroy it immediately...i would TOTALLY expect him to do just as i say. Just picture this scene. It's comically bad.
    Fair enough, but it isn't like it all happens over night. Our GM is setting this up over the months leading up to the burning. We aren't gullible sheep, we are outcasts in a world that already despises us, trying to ensure our survival. For some of my guild mates, they just needed an excuse. For others, like my troll druid, the decision will be much harder, and he will even be reluctant, but see it as a necessary evil. And for him, the loa choose sylvanas to save the horde...he may see this as the reason she was choosen.

And honestly, we do not need to worry about the hatred of an elf, whom likely already hates us from the warsong skirmishes we ran previously, or for our incursion in suramar, where we aided, courted, and eventually won over their cousins in the NightBourne. Or for any other number of our transgressions.

Plus, for many, part of the RP is immersing yourself in the character. For many, that means that meta gaming facts aren't exactly known... WE as players know the tree was definitely cleansed, but maybe some faction choose to believe that even the dragons blessings could t save it from corruption, or that the dragon soul weakened the blessings. Our characters do not have the answers to these things. We aren't heros, or commanders or leaders. We are just a bunch of creatures.

I see a lot of the comments here are about Teldrassil, which is certainly a towering issue, but I feel more conflicted over what sounds like ongoing quests along Darkshore, Ashenvale, Feralas... I am not clear on what areas will be included in the questing, and what all we will be asked to play as characters, but my understanding is Sylvanas wants us to burn the forests so we can root out the elves. To me, it sounds like more than a one-time event, and more than just one controversial world tree. Entire zones of old growth forest, along with all the squirrels and bunnies. How will I face Mylune?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I see a lot of the comments here are about Teldrassil, which is certainly a towering issue, but I feel more conflicted over what sounds like ongoing quests along Darkshore, Ashenvale, Feralas... I am not clear on what areas will be included in the questing, and what all we will be asked to play as characters, but my understanding is Sylvanas wants us to burn the forests so we can root out the elves. To me, it sounds like more than a one-time event, and more than just one controversial world tree. Entire zones of old growth forest, along with all the squirrels and bunnies. How will I face Mylune?

It sounds to me like you will just have to do these events ooc, and ic you never took part then. For your particular situation, it just doesn't seem feasible that you could..unless you are willing to work that into the RP, that you have to find some way, if any, to redeem yourself to mylune. Sometimes, arcs like those can be the best for a character to go through. You sometimes have to fall before you can rise up as the best you.

It sounds to me like you will just have to do these events ooc, and ic you never took part then. For your particular situation, it just doesn't seem feasible that you could..unless you are willing to work that into the RP, that you have to find some way, if any, to redeem yourself to mylune. Sometimes, arcs like those can be the best for a character to go through. You sometimes have to fall before you can rise up as the best you.
    My character would no more commit these acts than he would murder his family. Because to him, it would be the same thing.

My character would no more commit these acts than he would murder his family. Because to him, it would be the same thing.
    Then you have your answer, RP wise, you abstain from the conflict. You either make a stand with your like minded tauren brothers in moonglade, or you stray as far from the conflict as possible. Maybe you were still running nightmare clean up for the order. Nothing we tell you here will be anything that could justify those actions for your character. You can just do the events OOC and be fine, or , if you are particularly hardcore you might be able to skip them entirely on your druid if you play a too that would do it first..similar to broken shore skip.

Then you have your answer, RP wise, you abstain from the conflict. You either make a stand with your like minded tauren brothers in moonglade, or you stray as far from the conflict as possible. Maybe you were still running nightmare clean up for the order. Nothing we tell you here will be anything that could justify those actions for your character. You can just do the events OOC and be fine, or , if you are particularly hardcore you might be able to skip them entirely on your druid if you play a too that would do it first..similar to broken shore skip.
    True. I will probably main my BrM again anyway, so by the time I level up the Tauren those quests may not be a thing anymore.

I will still be curious how Blizz will set them up, whether there will be any nuance to them, etc.

True. I will probably main my BrM again anyway, so by the time I level up the Tauren those quests may not be a thing anymore.

I will still be curious how Blizz will set them up, whether there will be any nuance to them, etc.

Same, to be honest I really hope so. I have a real asspull with my guild having story reasons to eventually, reluctantly attack the tree, my alts are not so fortunate, specifically my tauren sunwalker. (Who will likely be in the same boat as your druid).

I honestly do feel like the whole assualt will be hardest on tauren roleplayers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    So my Night Elf DK?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    RP that, without access to Hyjal, the population of Orgrimmar would suffer from starvation, and the constant aggression of the elves are a threat to your faction's existence.

You serve the Horde.
    You made an OATH!
    BURN THE TREE, DRUID! And remember that it's for a better cause :3
    I serve the Horde. I never swore an oath to Sylvanas. Burning the trees is not serving the Horde, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Thought that was Gnomes