Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Rusted Vault: What's that about? (Possible BFA Spoilers -- Gnome Lore)

This might have been mentioned before but there's an area in southern Tiragarde Sound called The Rusted Vault, where there's a lot of unfinished texture work that looks like new Gnomish architecture, which we haven't seen in a LONG time. There's a couple of quests with it, related to how the entire Gnomish population of Boralus just upped and vanished (!!) and the Gnome questgiver believes they might have gone here but everything is sealed off. You take some readings and he says the findings will get sent to Ironforge for analysis and that's it.

Entire Gnomish population of Boralus just goes missing? Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They probably died out after terrible penis-shrinking incident.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-04-08 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    This might have been mentioned before but there's an area in southern Tiragarde Sound called The Rusted Vault, where there's a lot of unfinished texture work that looks like new Gnomish architecture, which we haven't seen in a LONG time. There's a couple of quests with it, related to how the entire Gnomish population of Boralus just upped and vanished (!!) and the Gnome questgiver believes they might have gone here but everything is sealed off. You take some readings and he says the findings will get sent to Ironforge for analysis and that's it.

Sounds like a Dwemer easteregg. We'll find them once we get to Ny'alotha. Or in the future. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Sounds like a Dwemer easteregg. We'll find them once we get to Ny'alotha. Or in the future. ^^
    Oh man, now I need to go play Skyrim again.

Deleted
    New gnome lore? Probably just placeholder gag.

It all makes sense now... these gnomes disappear. There was a "Junker Gnome Island" datamined in the past... just wild speculation though.

Mecha-gnomes confirmed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post

Finally some gnome stuff. What if they were recruited by Blingtron for his "underground war"? Its really interesting - a lot of Kul Tiras tied to disappearance/mystery. Speaking of Drustvar...

Mod Edit: Don't discuss moderation.

Could this be a dungeon? A spooky updated Gnomeregan type dungeon? That would be cool and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresh64 View Post
    Could this be a dungeon? A spooky updated Gnomeregan type dungeon? That would be cool and interesting.
    I was thinking that too. There's a lot of new mech models in the files that haven't been used yet and this could use them. Dungeon, or as someone else said, maybe a storyline leading to a new Gnomish allied race? The entire Gnome population of Boralus would certainly be enough to justify it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks like these gnomes do have connection to Kul Tiras humans. Maybe Ashvane using not only children as labor force.

Also specking of gnomes and their tinkering toys - mech arm on this KT human makes sense now.

So, finally a possible allied race in Kul Tiras. We have the strong possibility of Vulpera in Zandalar. Mecha/Junker gnomes could be a viable, and cool addition. They're honestly the first viable candidate I've seen coming from Kul Tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like some fallout story
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Tinker Gnomes would be cool, they could have an extendo arm racial that works like harpoon.

This is kinda cool. I bet we'll find vault full of crazed gnomes named Gary!

Did this, uh, actually ever lead anywhere? Implications are interesting and the gnomes do seriously lack an Allied race analogue (assuming the whole, allied race is tied to a regular race thing is true)

It honestly looks pretty cool, I hope they do something with this in later patches.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by archipelagos View Post
    this might have been mentioned before but there's an area in southern tiragarde sound called the rusted vault, where there's a lot of unfinished texture work that looks like new gnomish architecture, which we haven't seen in a long time. There's a couple of quests with it, related to how the entire gnomish population of boralus just upped and vanished (!!) and the gnome questgiver believes they might have gone here but everything is sealed off. You take some readings and he says the findings will get sent to ironforge for analysis and that's it.

Entire gnomish population of boralus just goes missing? Any ideas?

junker gnomes

Quote Originally Posted by Kresh64 View Post
    Yes please! I love Gnomeregan.

Wait, did you say gnome lore? Seriously?

I didn't think this was anything other than a myth at this point. Are gnomes actually getting story development again? Please don't toy with me, I've given up on the race ever since the battle for Gnomeregan. I can't take another disappointment like that.