Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tanks are def getting nerfed in BfA WPvP. They will be the caster's play thing.

So been playing Alpha for almost a month now and let me tell you, ALL TANKS got some pretty huge nerfs, especially to magic resistance.

I foresee casters being the paper to the tank's rock in BfA. I have two reasons for this reasoning:

1: Like I mentioned, tank's magical defenses are getting SEVERELY nerfed. I'm talking about 1/3 of what they are in Legion. It is NOT a small nerf, it's a BIG one.

2: ALL of the tank's snaring abilities were nerfed as well. All 50% snares that are live right now are getting nerfed to 20% snares in BfA and the few 70% snares which all have limitations like long CDs (DK DnD w/talent and DH chains) are getting nerfed to 50%. ALL THE WHILE every DPS snare will be staying the same. So Mages can still 70% tanks while every tank slow will only 20% snare them.... EZ KITING.

Couple those things together and I really can't see how ranged classes will be losing to tanks now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

5+ Year Old Account
    If they gonna nerf our defenses they must give us more damage. Sorry but being useless water noodle in BGs is not fun. If they nerf tanks in WPvP to BGs level someone gonna be mad.

Now they can remove templates from pvp, remove 25% extra damage taken for tanks, and nerf their self-healing spells in pvp, thus solving both instanced/non-instanced tank pvp balance at the same time

Deleted
    Good development. Tanks are for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Why? Virtually every other game with class-type roles utilize tanks in a PvP setting, why should WoW tanks be solely designated to pve?
    It is almost comical. Tanks work in PvP in every other mmo and blizzard in Legion put stuff in place that could easily be tweaked to make tanks work. And yet didn't. And the players blame the role as a whole, showing that they do not know shit about PvP outside of WoW.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Finaly, something like 22 months too late, but still. Wpvp in Legion was non-existant and more than half the reasons for that were all tank specs being hugely overpowered. It's absurd that they didn't tackle the issue at or after launch when they had "the longest alpha and beta ever" and it's just comical they didn't do shit about it for the whole fucking two years despite all the negative feedback and them knowing "people are hesitant to engage in pvp situations, but <we're bunch of idiots> we don't know why".

Tanks magical defenses are getting nerfed to balance all the tank specs in PvE, if it turns out to fuck over tanks vs casters massively I'm sure they won't do shit about it, cause why should they bother, judging by Legion approach. I'm glad anyway, cause I'm tottaly fed up with WQs where 2/3 people are tanks and even though they usually have no idea what they're doing they still come out on top. Still waiting to see healers casting/channeling spells though, cause at the moment most healers usually don't have to do that and instead rely on instant heals massively.

I mean, I know even as I type it is pointless as it will NEVER happen in WoW.. but I LOVED tanks in pvp in Warhammer online. due to collision you could actually have a line of tanks defending healers/ranged. you COULD 'tank' it was great.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Deleted
    Good.

Fantastic.

Tanks in wpvp is the worst cancer, now if they can do something about healers too we might finally have something to work with. No role should be near unkillable outside very specific setups in 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The game has 3 roles, all 3 roles should be viable in every aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-04-22 at 07:41 AM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Way to limit gameplay because tanks always pwn you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if honor talents will be adding things in to balance this out or bring it to decent levels?
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Good. Now remove damage from healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Good. Now remove damage from healers.
    "Hey Blizz, I'm paper, please nerf scissors...oh and nerf rock too because I want to coast through life with no challenges and have everything handed to my spoiled lazy ass" ~Louz

Tanks shouldn't even be able to queue for arenas period. But in Bg's tanks are needed obviously so thats fine, but they are too OP in Legion. i approve of this nerf

Thye could turn tanks into the opposite of burst dmg and have burst defense. Even out their dmg in pvp so they are on a level with normal dps damage, and then lower their cooldowns strength. Dps will have the ability to burst dmg, and tanks can have the ability to burst defensive, at a reasonable amount. Make them a tank/support role. It would have to be balanced though which would never happen with blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    After dueling a bit on my tanks, I can honestly say I CALLED IT! Tanks are pure garbo right now in PvP vs casters. I still beat melees relatively easily (except with my BrM who lost to everything lul) but casters just obliterated me. And it wasn't even close too, I'd be on my knees and they'd be at full HP.

RIP the OPness that was WPvP tanks. We are now caster fodder

And I suspect in WPvP we also won't be able to kill melee DPS because they can all just kite us with ease now that our snare is 20% and they keep their 50%. They can just CC us and peace out.

Deleted
    As Montey Burns would say:

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    After dueling a bit on my tanks, I can honestly say I CALLED IT! Tanks are pure garbo right now in PvP vs casters. I still beat melees relatively easily (except with my BrM who lost to everything lul) but casters just obliterated me. And it wasn't even close too, I'd be on my knees and they'd be at full HP.

RIP the OPness that was WPvP tanks. We are now caster fodder

And I suspect in WPvP we also won't be able to kill melee DPS because they can all just kite us with ease now that our snare is 20% and they keep their 50%. They can just CC us and peace out.
    This is possibly the best news I've read about BfA and a good enough reason to buy the expansion for that alone.

It's usually the people that play classes that can lay out others in a few seconds are the ones to complain about tanks in pvp. "OMG I couldn't kill the tank in 5 seconds! Nerf nerf nerf!"

I hope for the day they ban tank and healer spec from pvp all together. Lets fight real gladiator style .