7+ Year Old Account

Demonic: Double Eye Beam during Meta

I just picked my DH back up after 1 year and 3 months. Aiming to gear up for the Demonic build but I have run across a potential bug? I searched it on Google and no topics came up about this.

I am talented into Demon Reborn (Invoking Metamorphosis also resets the cooldowns of Eye Beam, Chaos Nova, and Blur.) and Demonic (Eye Beam causes you to enter demon form for 8 sec after it finishes dealing damage.) and typically do this intro:

Eye Beam --> (Demon form for 8 sec) --> Metamorphosis --> Eye Beam at ~21 secs left, adding 8 secs --> Metamorphosis for ~30 secs --> if I happen to reset Eye Beam again, I use it again during Meta but it no longer increases duration?

So I suppose my question is, does Eye Beam only increase Metamorphosis duration once within a Metamorphosis cycle? I get lucky every so often in spawning enough Soul Fragments to reset cooldown on Eye Beam to use it twice in a single Meta phase.

EDIT: I realize this might be a horrendous opener/rotation to the experienced Demonic players but I'm still learning it, lol.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-04-09 at 06:18 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it only activates the 8 second meta buff once, although if you use EB twice you would still benefit from the haste proc. I don't know exactly how many seconds left on meta are acceptable to have it activated twice, because if you pop it twice you lose 8 additional seconds of meta. My normal opener is fel rush, demons bite, macro BE racial/nemesis, FoTI, EB, annih spam till mini meta ends, meta, annih spam. Not sure if its optimal but its been giving me the best results for an opener. Good luck

Using a 2nd eyebeam during meta is acceptable if you have more than 10secs left on for meta.

Obviously mileage will vary depending on fights etc.

They changed it quite a while ago (I think it was around 7.1.5 or 7.2) to only increase the duration once. If you still have sufficient time left on meta you can still use eye beam to trigger the T21 4P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Fel Rush > DB > Nemesis > Foti > EB (dont move and save orbs) > Meta(use @Player macro to not collect orbs) > EB (u can do it immediatly so u have 38sec of Meta also collect orbs now) > EB (if ur Meta time is >10-12sec)

U can also use meta just after finishing ur first EB cast to have it rdy earlier in a >4min fight. If u have good RNG u will sometimes have ur third EB within the Meta window @10-12sec Meta left
    Last edited by Roibale; 2018-04-11 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I just picked my DH back up after 1 year and 3 months. Aiming to gear up for the Demonic build but I have run across a potential bug? I searched it on Google and no topics came up about this.

I am talented into Demon Reborn (Invoking Metamorphosis also resets the cooldowns of Eye Beam, Chaos Nova, and Blur.) and Demonic (Eye Beam causes you to enter demon form for 8 sec after it finishes dealing damage.) and typically do this intro:

Eye Beam --> (Demon form for 8 sec) --> Metamorphosis --> Eye Beam at ~21 secs left, adding 8 secs --> Metamorphosis for ~30 secs --> if I happen to reset Eye Beam again, I use it again during Meta but it no longer increases duration?

So I suppose my question is, does Eye Beam only increase Metamorphosis duration once within a Metamorphosis cycle? I get lucky every so often in spawning enough Soul Fragments to reset cooldown on Eye Beam to use it twice in a single Meta phase.

EDIT: I realize this might be a horrendous opener/rotation to the experienced Demonic players but I'm still learning it, lol.
    So, essentially what you do is eyebeam, on 2 seconds left meta, eyebeam again, so you get about 7 seconds to the 30 what ever seconds, then another 8. And yes that's working as intended not to give you another 8 otherwise you could easily keep up meta 100% of the time

Just as a general thing: (someone can probably give a precise timing) if and when you can do a 2nd eyebeam, look at how long your in meta. If it's 10 or ish seconds or less it's not worth casting. You lose 1 -2 seconds of meta from the eye beam cast, then you'll drop out of meta with the haste buff still on. It's better to come out of meta and use eb straight away so you get the full 8 seconds haste buff from it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

only increases it once, don't use it twice within meta unless you can collect enough fragments to have it off cd when you exit