Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Possible Mogu Allied Race?

So, there was an interview with Lead Game Producer, Daniel Stahl, during PAX East. When they were talking about Allied Races, this came up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEN...youtu.be&t=328

So what do you guys think? Do you think he slipped up and named the Mogu as an Allied Race, or do you think it's just referring to the Island Expeditions?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea that wording though.... :P

I'm all for the addition of any races to current factions as long as the supply a satisfactory shoehorn. But I don't see how well that would fit in either faction because of the Pandaren siding with both. Also, are there any groups of Mogu alive that are an actual living group. All the ones we fought in Pandaria were animated constructs, iirc.

I don't see us making allies with the Mogu, for one because I don't recall us being friendly with them at any point, and while the Horde does get friendly with the Zandalari, that was more of an Alliance with Zul as far as I'm aware, along with the fact that we have Pandaren allies, and either side can be conflicted on that one.

Probably just an example of the many races and creatures that Azerite can affect. Just like he could've easily said Jinyu, Blood Trolls, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Aysa going to have a heart to heart with some Mogu....but then again is the Mogu on good terms with the Zandalari? This will be a tough one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    All the ones we fought in Pandaria were animated constructs, iirc.
    Didn't most races on Azeroth start out that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it would be unlikely unless they retconned the whole, the Twins in ToT are the only two female Mogu remaining bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I'm all for the addition of any races to current factions as long as the supply a satisfactory shoehorn. But I don't see how well that would fit in either faction because of the Pandaren siding with both. Also, are there any groups of Mogu alive that are an actual living group. All the ones we fought in Pandaria were animated constructs, iirc.
    No, there were flesh and blood Mogu. Weaponmaster Xin, in particular, spits blood in your face when you kill him in the Mogu'shan Palace. The Thunder King especially, though there are a good amount of constructs that the Mogu made as sentries and soldiers.

As for Mogu being a playable Allied Race? I would squeal with joy. As for how they can become Allies, the only really possibly faction I can see is with the Horde. I can imagine Ji Firepaw being especially conflicted about it, but on the other hand, giving Sylvanas some really potent casters and warriors can really do wonders for the Huojin in her eyes.

But what about female Mogu? There were only the Twin Consorts, and the "Queen of the Mogu" though she was but a random raid quest. I always thought they would be reduced to recreating female Mogu either by Fleshcrafting enough so they can sustain a population, or (more likely) hocus pocus there were really a lot of them tucked away on an island near Pandaria.

It will take a far more pragmatic leader of the Mogu to once again reunite the clans, actually negotiate with those 'lesser races', and ruthless enough to quash anyone under his thumb that protests. I'm sure there is still desire to be an empire again. Perhaps a farsighted Mogu would join with the lesser races to save his own race and potentially overwhelm them at a far later date. Provided of course he still feels that way about the lesser species.

This is all my headcanon and stuff, take it with a grain of salt. I love Mogu, I love their unapologetic brutish and assholish behavior. I also am a Lei Shen fanboy, the best original Warcraft villain ever made and he had to die mid-expansion.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

He might have made a slip up, crossing explanation of why Mogu and Tolvir and the like are so prevalent in island expeditions with the allied races, but who knows.

I always thought they'd be a nice addition to the Horde. There's some still allied with the Zandalari, and it'd be cool for the Horde to have a titan construct race, and Mogu culture would mesh pretty well with the Horde. They'd have to use the Allied Race quest line to address them reactivating the Forge of Wills or something to make Female Mogu, but I think it'd be a nice inclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I think Aysa going to have a heart to heart with some Mogu....but then again is the Mogu on good terms with the Zandalari? This will be a tough one.
    There are Mogu in Zandalar.

Personally, I'm hoping that he did slip up and give away that Mogu are an allied race. For the females, it can be explained that they have 'separate' clans with the children in remote holdings a la Krogan from Mass Effect, since Mogu women are confirmed to exist, or at least have existed with Vu's epitaph and Monara's ghost. It could even play into their story with Mogu women finally coming out into the world and breaking the old gender roles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emmique View Post
    I feel like it would be unlikely unless they retconned the whole, the Twins in ToT are the only two female Mogu remaining bit?
    The Twin Consorts are actually constructs that Lei Shen made himself. They're not even what real Mogu women even looked like, just what Lei Shen needed them to be. The 'only' bit comes in when it's rumored that they're the only ones because they're the only 'females' non-Mogu have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    No, there were flesh and blood Mogu. Weaponmaster Xin, in particular, spits blood in your face when you kill him in the Mogu'shan Palace. The Thunder King especially, though there are a good amount of constructs that the Mogu made as sentries and soldiers.

As for Mogu being a playable Allied Race? I would squeal with joy. As for how they can become Allies, the only really possibly faction I can see is with the Horde. I can imagine Ji Firepaw being especially conflicted about it, but on the other hand, giving Sylvanas some really potent casters and warriors can really do wonders for the Huojin in her eyes.

But what about female Mogu? There were only the Twin Consorts, and the "Queen of the Mogu" though she was but a random raid quest. I always thought they would be reduced to recreating female Mogu either by Fleshcrafting enough so they can sustain a population, or (more likely) hocus pocus there were really a lot of them tucked away on an island near Pandaria.

It will take a far more pragmatic leader of the Mogu to once again reunite the clans, actually negotiate with those 'lesser races', and ruthless enough to quash anyone under his thumb that protests. I'm sure there is still desire to be an empire again. Perhaps a farsighted Mogu would join with the lesser races to save his own race and potentially overwhelm them at a far later date. Provided of course he still feels that way about the lesser species.

This is all my headcanon and stuff, take it with a grain of salt. I love Mogu, I love their unapologetic brutish and assholish behavior. I also am a Lei Shen fanboy, the best original Warcraft villain ever made and he had to die mid-expansion.
    No offense but you're giving it too much thought.

If Blizz wants mogu to be an allied race, they will do it and the reason why can be whatever.

After all, we have Nightborne, a race of selfish snobs that know nothing but living in luxury, and they choose to live in smelly mudhuts with a bunch of savages, because Tyrande was a meanie to Thalyssra.
    If that makes sense, then anything else will. Also, lol sunwalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Only with Zul and we aren't exactly on good terms with Zul after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    No offense but you're giving it too much thought.

If Blizz wants mogu to be an allied race, they will do it and the reason why can be whatever.

After all, we have Nightborne, a race of selfish snobs that know nothing but living in luxury, and they choose to live in smelly mudhuts with a bunch of savages, because Tyrande was a meanie to Thalyssra.
    If that makes sense, then anything else will. Also, lol sunwalkers.
    I've found the people who say others 'give the lore too much thought' are the people who understand it the least so they try to boil it down to its lowest common denominator like you have and show that they have nothing but contempt for the lore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Don't think mogu will be an allied race. It's more likely for the island expeditions imo

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I've found the people who say others 'give the lore too much thought' are the people who understand it the least so they try to boil it down to its lowest common denominator like you have and show that they have nothing but contempt for the lore.
    He's not entirely wrong though. There was no reason for Draenor Orcs to come back and Blizzard just decided Sylvanas had a piece of the hourglass still and sent us back in time. Between this and the Void Elves in general, Blizzard is not above making stuff up to get Allied Races in our hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems more like bad wording. There's many other races before mogu that would make sense, to the point where there would be too many choices.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The earthen with the iron giants n other northrend titan constructs could maybe diplomacy the mogu n also since alliance is stronger n more numerous faction, mogu would prefer them over the horde. Also mogu prob haven't forgiven the horde for Garrosh raids thefts of their shit (divine bell etc

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    He's not entirely wrong though. There was no reason for Draenor Orcs to come back and Blizzard just decided Sylvanas had a piece of the hourglass still and sent us back in time. Between this and the Void Elves in general, Blizzard is not above making stuff up to get Allied Races in our hands.
    It's their creation. Them 'making it up' is how we have Warcraft in the first place. People heaping praise on 'the old Blizzard' for giving us Warcraft and then turning around and whining about them 'making shit up' is simple intellectually dishonest. They would've preferred Warcraft ended when 'they' thought it was 'still good'.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

hated enemy to allied race ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    God I hope so. They're one of the races I'm most interested in getting from this system.

And let's be clear: They belong on the Horde.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-04-09 at 09:02 AM.