Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

"BFA looks great"

Why are these people never called out for this opinion?

It is always the people who say "BFA doesn't look good" who are crucified on the forums with one liners like "how do you know? The game isn't out yet". Why does this logic not apply to the optimists on the forums? It is clear that these forums are biased towards Blizzard and have a 'Blizzard can do no wrong' attitude, which is unhealthy for productive discussion.

I hope that these people are called out for their non-constructive behaviour and that we are free to express both positive and critical thoughts on these forums without being shut down. Otherwise this game will remain in limbo state.

No sure if serious or just angry cause people like BfA...

Or if you are angry cause some don't

You wrote it yourself

It's opinions, we are free to have whatever opionion about anything and everything.

Biased against Blizzard for people thinking it looks great?

People have as much right to their opinions as you have to criticize theirs.

I'm really confuzzled.
    Last edited by soliddevil; 2018-04-12 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post

It is always the people who say "BFA doesn't look good" who are crucified on the forums with one liners like "how do you know? The game isn't out yet". Why does this logic not apply to the optimists on the forums? It is clear that these forums are biased towards Blizzard and have a 'Blizzard can do no wrong' attitude, which is unhealthy for productive discussion.

I hope that these people are called out for their non-constructive behaviour and that we are free to express both positive and critical thoughts on these forums without being shut down. Otherwise this game will remain in limbo state.
    While I should know better than to waste my time considering the majority of your posts here, I am curious what factual information you have to support the statement that the game is in "limbo state".

All evidence I'm aware of, such as the aforementioned expansion being released in four months, would suggest the game is in any state but limbo.

First of all, if you've been on MMO-C you'd probably know that anyone holding a positive opinion for Blizzard tends to be crucified as a "WoW fanboy shill Blizz-dick sucking shill white knight sheeple shill" or any other combination of asinine buzzwords. Also, thinking something looks good can be more easily based on subjective personal opinion, and no one can really debate you on the fact that you're looking forward to something. You just like what you see of the game so far and that opinion doesn't have to risk being invalidated due to the circumstances of game development.

If you think something looks bad and your evidence or argument for such isn't reliable (say, because the game is still in development and subject to change), then that's something people can talk about. Negativity can be pretty non-constructive too. I can't tell you how many time i've seen ignorant rants, half-assed conjecture, childish hissyfits, and WoW "deaths" due to rival MMOs for class nerfs over years of forum lurking.

TL;DR - A lot of positive opinions can just be based on personal feeling. No one can really debate you on why you're wrong about liking BfA. Meanwhile most negative arguments relating to Blizzard and WoW usually don't have the full picture when it comes to development or a new expansion.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-04-12 at 04:19 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    because it does look great? new races with new lore finally going to zandalar, going back to horde vs alliance instead of dealing with some stupid absolute evil like the legion or old gods, azerite looks interesting though we won't be able to tell until we can try it. so far there is nothing in the expan i can say looks bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    No sure if serious or just angry cause people like BfA...
    Pretty much this I see almost no threads that are straight up "BFA looks great" compared to like 50 threads of people just ass blasting an unfinished xpack "insert here is going destroy bfa" or there is no way the game will be out on time ect.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Looking at your forum posts, you keep making blanket criticisms that are based off of your own speculation and not really on any facts. It seems like you dont even WANT BfA to look great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading right there. You shouldn't have to be called out for having an opinion.

BFA looks great.

And now you can Pull My Finger.

unhealthy for productive discussion.
    Omg are you serious?

Just calm down.This is literally every alpha/beta with blizzard ever. Fighting the fanbois is pointless, you just have to revel in your smug sense of satisfaction that you can later say: Told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Because thinking something looks good is personal opinion, and no one can really debate you on the fact that you're looking forward to something. If you think something looks bad and your evidence or argument for such isn't reliable (say, because the game is still in development and subject to change), then that's something people can talk about.

Also, negativity can be pretty non-constructive too. I can't tell you how many ignorant rants, childish hissyfits, and amount of times WoW has "died" that i've seen over years of forum lurking.
    Why are positive comments considered personal opinion, and no one can really debate you on the fact you're looking forward to something, but negative comments aren't and you need to go through all these hoops and by the end of it you're still considered a troll.

It's a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Just calm down.This is literally every alpha/beta with blizzard ever. Fighting the fanbois is pointless, you just have to revel in your smug sense of satisfaction that you can later say: Told you so.
    Fanbois?

Srsly where do you people come from?

Told you so? Told you so about what? If people think BfA looks great, it's their opinion.If people think it looks shit then guess what, it's their opinions too or are the latter ones fan-bois of the non Blizzard fan-boi club?

wtf

Why are positive comments considered personal opinion, and no one can really debate you on the fact you're looking forward to something, but negative comments aren't and you need to go through all these hoops and by the end of it you're still considered a troll.

It's a double standard.
    Negative comments are not the same as constructive criticism. Even so, Blizzard has no obligation in applying your (or anybody else's) feedback into the game if they don't see fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Fighting the fanbois is pointless, you just have to revel in your smug sense of satisfaction that you can later say: Told you so.
    Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    Fanbois?

Srsly where do you people come from?

Told you so? Told you so about what? If people think BfA looks great, it's their opinion.If people think it looks shit then guess what, it's their opinions too or are the latter ones fan-bois of the non Blizzard fan-boi club?

wtf
    Some people become addicted to the game and aren't able to quit by themselves, so all they can do is root to the game to fail so they can finally be free.
    It's sad and they should get help.

This report i read the other day, threads like this makes me think its real. Although it was more to do with politics but still.

https://healthimpactnews.com/2014/in...aked-document/

It's a double standard.
    Negative comments that are nothing but your own conceived notions are when people start to consider you a troll.

For example - you posted a topic complaining about there being no reason to raid because all gear will be same, when in reality they came out and said that raids will be the source of the best azerite gear/perks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's a double standard.
    I mean you certainly can try to tell someone why they're wrong for enjoying something. When it comes to critical review of a game, movie, book, etc there is usually a standard by which we judge whether things are good or bad (e.g. An expansion's quality is typically judged by the quality of it's content. Questing, PvP, Raids, New features, etc.). So while yes you can debate people who provide an argument for why something is good, you still can't really tell someone how much fun they're having. Meanwhile when giving a negative review about something, if you want to justify your opinions and thoughts, it's best to come with a well prepared argument instead of an ignorant one. This is where most forum posters go wrong when talking about new expansions and development. Players typically never have the full picture, but we tend to act like armchair-developers when talking about the game. That's usually where the "it's still in development" counter argument comes from.

TL;DR - Nothing is wrong with constructive criticism. You can totally debate against any argument in favor of a game based on the basic standards of quality, but if someone simply says they're enjoying the game, they aren't wrong for enjoying it. You can't tell someone how much fun they should or shouldn't be having. No one is being oppressed over popular or unpopular opinions about WoW. It's nothing to cry injustice about.

Also the very statement "BfA looks great" is phrased in a way that is based only on what we've seen. They're saying it looks great, not that it is great. Whereas many detractors would argue the opposite way. If someone says something looks great, there's not much to argue. It's just a simple three word statement.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-04-12 at 04:55 AM.

I mean... the GCD changes are pretty much universally disliked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    I mean... the GCD changes are pretty much universally disliked.
    Something I might agree with but we will all have to wait and see, maybe it makes number output less "bursty" and even more substained unlike todays numbers.