Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    “Battle for Azeroth looks great”

“Battle for Azeroth looks terrible”

Both of the above and both can be true to the person saying each statement. Why either of those opinions bother you, I don’t know. You’re posting on a WoW fansite. There are thousands of others here who’s opinions don’t line up with yours. That you think someone needs to be called out for having a different opinion than you is strange. By all means, discuss the game and what you think of it, but don’t act like anyone that doesn’t agree with you has to be called out on something that’s purely subjective.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Your opinion is literally worth nothing when you have zero personal experience with something.
    yes because i can't see any of the models or quest any where else i'm sure.

Everything looks great until proven otherwise :/

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    yes because i can't see any of the models or quest any where else i'm sure.
    Watching somebody play a video game, especially a MMO, is very different from playing it and experiencing it yourself. Your opinion on Alpha is literally worth nothing. What a shock that I was able to call that you hadn't even played Alpha several posts ago, it showed in the way you spoke about it.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-04-13 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

People post about how horrible it is who mostly have no idea, my eyes quickly glaze over and I go to look for something more interesting.
    People post about how fantastic it is who mostly are basing this on fantasy, my eyes glaze over and I go to look for something more interesting.
    With four months to go we don't know enough to form any conclusion - and that it is only four months to go concerns me.
    Having played the alpha what I do know is the classes I play mostly play well and I have participated in detailed feedback for the one I care most about. I also think that a lot of the claims made about class design on here by doomsayers are either incorrect or just opinion not supported by any factually based argument. Most of the changes in classes are embedded in the talents - and they have mostly changed quite a lot - and what were the 'always choose' talents are often the wrong choice now - and while the talents may look the same when you read the detail carefully they have changed in important ways. If you want an example look at the video recently put here from finalboss on windwalker monks (a spec I do care about).
    Before my eyes glaze over, time to go do something else.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Watching somebody play a video game, especially a MMO, is very different from playing it and experiencing it yourself. Your opinion on Alpha is literally worth nothing.
    Good thing I haven’t given my opinion on any of the game play then. I don’t need to play it to see the new races, I don’t need to play it to see the new quest, I don’t need to play it to see the new art or even the story. Theses are all facts you can babble all you want but you still won’t disprove facts.

I had zero hype for both MoP and Wod, and was moderately excited about Legion. BfA is the first expansion since WoLK that I'm actually really excited about. Hard to explain but it ticks all the boxes for me. Horde vs Alliance storyline, different stories for each faction. More queable single player activities. PvP toggle meaning I can open world pvp again. Lots of other minor things as well that I look forward to, and the demo changes look awesome.

That said, these things excite me but I don't for a second expect they will please everyone. I see the 'raid or die' players are already calling this a filler expansion.

If you're going to carry on your life with this permanent scowl about you, then you'll find people won't want to associate with you. No one wants to spend time with a negative nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Good thing I haven’t given my opinion on any of the game play then. I don’t need to play it to see the new races, I don’t need to play it to see the new quest, I don’t need to play it to see the new art or even the story. Theses are all facts you can babble all you want but you still won’t disprove facts.
    There is zero facts, you've been spewing opinions this entire thread, based on never even playing the Alpha. You do need to experience it yourself because you don't understand the pacing or the feeling of actually doing the quests from watching a video, even the art is vastly different on a recording to how it actually is on your computer. But I'm done with a troll like you, so enjoy your garbage belief that you actually think your opinion is worth anything when you haven't even played the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    I'm sure bfa is going to be great - if youre playing horde.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Why are these people never called out for this opinion?

It is always the people who say "BFA doesn't look good" who are crucified on the forums with one liners like "how do you know? The game isn't out yet". Why does this logic not apply to the optimists on the forums? It is clear that these forums are biased towards Blizzard and have a 'Blizzard can do no wrong' attitude, which is unhealthy for productive discussion.

I hope that these people are called out for their non-constructive behaviour and that we are free to express both positive and critical thoughts on these forums without being shut down. Otherwise this game will remain in limbo state.
    Depends on what people are criticizing or complimenting.

For the players who say it looks great, they are talking about things that will be added, for instance players interested in new races can rightfully say that they think it looks great due to 6 new races being added with the potential for more.

Players who say it looks crap tend to be looking at balance and skillsets, which are still being iterated on, and criticism of incomplete content is just completely irrelevant.

On the flipside, if players were dreading the new expansion because of anything that is actually confirmed, then those are generally treated as relevant, meanwhile people applauding the game for stuff that isnt confirmed will also just as likely be derided (OMG THIS GAME ROX WE GET VULPERA!!1!)

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    The "BFA looks great" crowd gets crucified more than anyone else on these forums. OP is out his mind. That said, everyone gets criticized here, it's kinda what we do. Grow thicker skin.
    Ily mmoc

4months away. Current alpha doesnt have any meat, expecting the first beta build to add the remaining ~60% of the content that they MUST be keeping from us... BFA does look good, we know the art team is always on point. WoD was very good looking also.

OP Judging by your posts, you spend most of your time on the forum bitching about blizzard and the game. Maybe this game isn't for you if you hate everything about it. Some people actually enjoy the game and actually want to see the next expansion succeed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just because ppl like to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguing about opinions is a battle that can never be won.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    That makes little sense since the site was born to help and support game’s enthusiasts.
    It happens all the time. On MMO-C and Official forums. Both can be pretty toxic.