Poll: What keeps you logging in?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I did notice, I had issue with that wording too.

The issue I have is that you put your personal spin on all the options. It's not just fun, its "I log in like I watch movies - Whenever it feels like fun." - It changes it completely. My point is your poll is designed to lead everyone towards a conclusion that we're all dopamine addicts if we just have fun.

That is an interesting article. I would have loved to discuss it as a stand alone thread without the irritating bias poll.
    Ok, well I tried to think of all the answers, but I never do. You should try making polls sometimes, and see how long it takes for someone to tell you that best options were left out. That's why I always add that last one "Other: OP should have included option for..."

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think it's fun to play through the story arc, complete challenges, and hang out with friends.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is your poll is designed to lead everyone towards a conclusion that we're all dopamine addicts if we just have fun.
    Ask this another way: are you a dopamine addict because you enjoy sex? Sex releases lots of dopamine. What about hugs? Is it ok to enjoy hugs, even though you know they release dopamine, or do you have to think of yourself as an addict?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Ok, well I tried to think of all the answers, but I never do. You should try making polls sometimes, and see how long it takes for someone to tell you that best options were left out. That's why I always add that last one "Other: OP should have included option for..."

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think it's fun to play through the story arc, complete challenges, and hang out with friends.
    Fair call. I'll acknowledge that I'm sensative to being percieved as an addict for reasons too.

My reasons for playing change from day to day. Sometimes I just want relax, othertime I want to achieve.
    Here is something to believe in!

My wow time is at the lowest for Legion. I basically show up to do emissaries for random leggo and raid mythic prog. Although I will say that I have rekindled my interest in ret paladin alt. I am considering gearing him up on alt runs.

Fair call. I'll acknowledge that I'm sensative to being percieved as an addict for reasons too.

My reasons for playing change from day to day. Sometimes I just want relax, othertime I want to achieve.
    I just geek out on brain chemistry, tbh. Those chemicals in our system evolved to encourage all kinds of behavior - falling in love, cheating on relationships, losing our tempers - that may have been useful for survival back in the day, but which are not always guiding us toward happy ever afters. So understanding exactly what's going on so we can recognize why we're having the feelings we do is the first step to not being controlled by them.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I just geek out on brain chemistry, tbh. Those chemicals in our system evolved to encourage all kinds of behavior - falling in love, cheating on relationships, losing our tempers - that may have been useful for survival back in the day, but which are not always guiding us toward happy ever afters. So understanding exactly what's going on so we can recognize why we're having the feelings we do is the first step to not being controlled by them.
    Lessons I have learned the hard way.

But yes, it is very interesting - and painful.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    All of your options, and also: collections. I enjoy filling out my collections.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    I mostly tank, so I did them first. I found prot warrior and brewmaster the hardest tanks (mainly in phase 1), but they were also the first ones I did it on with the least gear. The tank challenge is brutal, you have to worry about surviving second to second more than the other challenges. It gets easier with practise, and gear really helps you phase it quicker.

Healing challenge takes a bit of practise for sure. I found Resto druid and holy pal the easiest, and mistweaver monk the hardest mostly because I just wasn't very good at it. The second last phase is a pain and requires some pre-planning and goood execution of CD rotation. Gear helps for sure, but not as much as some other encounters, it's mostly mechanically difficult. You need to DPS a bit too, to speed things up, and use a lot of CC in phase 1 (stun the mage to clear his stacks, CC the knife dance, deal with mana sting (make Jared eat it then heal him good).

Out of the DPS ones, I found the worm challenge the easiest (WW, BM, Destro, Disc), just kill the totem fast, interrupt the Fel Burst, CC the earthquake if you can, run around a lot. Agatha is probably next (Fire , Elemental, Fury War, Unholy, Feral) just line up burst AOE for the imps, kill Umbral Imps with extreme prejudice and dodge boulders. Then Xylem (Arms, Frost DK, Havoc, Survival), this one is a bit fiddly but once you learn it, it's not too bad.

Sigryn is perhaps the most painful mechanically, but it's not hard once you get the rhythm. I struggled on Arcane Mage a lot as you can't sustain very well and I never play Arcane either so I was super clunky. Demo was easy, Enhance and Ret both pretty straight forward. Use your hard CC on Sigryn when she casts Blood of the Father or you die. Stand in the runes!

Twins is probably the hardest DPS challenge. You can do it without that much gear if you execute very well. It gets a lot easier with gear because you can phase it a lot faster and it just reduces the mechanics you have to deal with. At 930 you can burn it pretty fast.

So take that as you will, it's subjective for sure, others found my hard ones easy and I found ones that are apparently hard, pretty easy, so /shrug. It's whatever you're comfortable with I guess. Don't worry about specific legendaries, just get a toon in shape (920+ is easy to do), get some consumables and get in there. Practise > gear. It gets easier on subsequent toons, even if they are toons you dont play that much, as you already know the encounter.
    I see.
    Thanks a lot!

What about trinkets? Should I worry about them? Like I think it will take ages if I get a couple trinkets for each role? Or do you think I should either aim for healing/tank trinkets as you could still do the DPS ones with non-DPS trinkets (unless you can't?). And which one is more dependent on trinkets? Tank or healer?
    '' Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ''

10+ Year Old Account
    A) Further development of Sylvanas.

B) Gold missions

Once B) ceases in Bfa, then really only A)
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

got 5 lv 110 alts each with 5-50 k garrison resources i got from farming broken shore chests while mining a few a few patches back, i usually log in each day or as whenever i have opportunity anyway and do the mission that reward gold (gives like 2300g i think) adds up nicely when you have a load of max lv alts and resources

Blizz has my children and my wife and if i dont log in each day with a ransom they send me a finger!!

But kidding aside iam working on the mage tower plus i still make bank from the class hall free instaquest and the class hall board.

Iam done with Antorus and i want to grab as many mage tower skins as i can as well as much gold as i can.

„What keeps you logging in ?“

Funny. I ask myself the same question, on a weekly base.

15+ Year Old Account
    Class Hall gold missions. I don't have lots gold by most people's standards, but I've set little 'wealth' goals for each of my characters in the lead-up to August/September.
    Battle Pets. I'm working on getting all pets to rare/level 25 by August, and getting the optimum breed for each pet.

It's OCD, but I enjoy it.

I've given up on gear. Relinquished tokens give my spriest crit/vers items, and I'm getting nothing but runes/artifact power from raid drops. It's a bit frustrating, so I'm focusing on less RNG-dependent aspects of the game.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcieth View Post
    I see.
    Thanks a lot!

What about trinkets? Should I worry about them? Like I think it will take ages if I get a couple trinkets for each role? Or do you think I should either aim for healing/tank trinkets as you could still do the DPS ones with non-DPS trinkets (unless you can't?). And which one is more dependent on trinkets? Tank or healer?
    I wouldn't worry about gear at all, beyond just getting a toon "in shape". I mean great DPS gear means you can burn stuff really fast, that's obviously an advantage, but it's not necessary, and even with good gear you still have to not die. Use DPS trinkets on all specs (stat sticks are good, but you have to do damage in all 3 challenge types so any are fine). Tank trinkets are not that useful, you already have CDs to use for all the mechanics and it's more important to kill things.

The healer legendary trinket is pretty strong I think, I don't have one, but it's BIS for all healers in all content as far as I know. My last healer had a int/vers stat stick and an int with mana return on use that I never used so /shrug :P

My toons just had whatever they had. The last 3 toons I've done were leveled, geared in 2 weeks via LFR, random BGs and a few mythic+ and smashed out all 3 challenges. They all got to 930 ilvl and overgeared the challenges at that point so it was just a matter of learning how to play the spec and getting comfortable with new keybinds.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Missions, raiding on weekends, and world pvp when im bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    I wouldn't worry about gear at all, beyond just getting a toon "in shape". I mean great DPS gear means you can burn stuff really fast, that's obviously an advantage, but it's not necessary, and even with good gear you still have to not die. Use DPS trinkets on all specs (stat sticks are good, but you have to do damage in all 3 challenge types so any are fine). Tank trinkets are not that useful, you already have CDs to use for all the mechanics and it's more important to kill things.

The healer legendary trinket is pretty strong I think, I don't have one, but it's BIS for all healers in all content as far as I know. My last healer had a int/vers stat stick and an int with mana return on use that I never used so /shrug :P

My toons just had whatever they had. The last 3 toons I've done were leveled, geared in 2 weeks via LFR, random BGs and a few mythic+ and smashed out all 3 challenges. They all got to 930 ilvl and overgeared the challenges at that point so it was just a matter of learning how to play the spec and getting comfortable with new keybinds.
    Yeah, I guess I'll go DPS trinkets then. I was just thinking that healer trinkets could help a lot. Like I struggle with the healer challenge with my 933 resto, to be honest. =( I don't know how to do it on my shaman, and haven't tried with other specs yet.
    '' Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ''

Mythic farm
    Mythic alt raid
    Hc alt raids (gearing alts in general for mage towers)
    Mythic+ (weekly 15 runs or pushing higher keys)
    Farming the plate World Defiler set (After 5 months of daily farming, only need 3 more pieces)
    Farming Garrosh Shoulders
    Farming Taesalach and Argus scythe
    Occasional mount/toy/tmog farms
    Class Hall Gold/AP missions

Pretty much the reasons I log in.

Collecting certain Mage Tower appearances and the +15 tints that I want. Just missing 6 MT skins and one +15 tint (cba to do it on any of my other alts than my druid) at the moment.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-04-15 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After all of the money I poured into World of Warcraft, all the time I've spent learning about the lore and characters, all of time wipes on heroic difficulty raids, all of the thousands upon thousands of Dungeons I've done several times over. At this point, I just keep going because I trust Blizzard to give a satisfying conclusion to all of this. By the time Blizzard finally releases the last patch, the story completed, they can't possibly do more with it. I wanna be there. To see the culmination of all the time and money I spent playing this game.

Plus, WoW is familiar. It's fun. There aren't many other MMO's out there that grab my interest much like WoW. I hear that Final Fantasy MMO is pretty good, but I guess I won't know until World of Warcraft is forcefully ripped from my hands, because like hell I'm gonna abandon this 11-year-old account for a game I might not even enjoy.

Edit: Also, say what you will about Blizzard from gameplay standpoints, but they make damn fine characters and storylines. (Minus a few really bad examples Cough Warlords of Draenor Cough Garrosh Cough)
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2018-04-16 at 01:48 AM.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Deleted
    logging in?

lmao people still play this game?

I play two maybe three days a week, it depends if I get some m+'s in on raid night or not.