Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron foresaw Uuna's fate?

By using Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron you can get a phrase: "There is a little lamb lost in dark woods" among all other lines. And not so long ago Uuna storyling was presented, in 12 part of which (Shadow of a Tear) you visit location named "A Dark Place", which looks just like dark wood and Uuna is that "lost little lamb". So it seems, that in Puzzle Box pharases are hidden clues on events conncected to Old Gods, which happened/will happen. Another example is a pharse: "The giant rook watches from the dead tree. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow". It seems to describe Black Rook Hold filled with ghosts and which stands near dead Shala'Nir.
    What do you think of this speculations? And what are your thoungts about "A Dark place" location, which we visit during the quest, considering the fact, that you enter it by using green dragon tear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well being able to predict something like that happening on other end of universe surely is impressive.

OT: Nope, you are looking too hard into this. Puzzle box is basically just random cryptic bullshit mixed up with lovecraft references.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    By using Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron you can get a phrase: "There is a little lamb lost in dark woods" among all other lines. And not so long ago Uuna storyling was presented, in 12 part of which (Shadow of a Tear) you visit location named "A Dark Place", which looks just like dark wood and Uuna is that "lost little lamb". So it seems, that in Puzzle Box pharases are hidden clues on events conncected to Old Gods, which happened/will happen. Another example is a pharse: "The giant rook watches from the dead tree. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow". It seems to describe Black Rook Hold filled with ghosts and which stands near dead Shala'Nir.
    What do you think of this speculations? And what are your thoungts about "A Dark place" location, which we visit during the quest, considering the fact, that you enter it by using green dragon tear?
    I think we are supposed to be thinking that. I don't think they already had the Uuna questline planned, when they wrote that line, but this line can be attributed to everyone in the 'Dark Place'. We know that this seems to be a place where some souls go. Arthas is there too, Sylvanas was there and probably there's also some more. If Uuna was there, I'm quite sure many of the others that got turned into those ur'zul are there too. And there's lots of those.

I do agree with the other sentence being a hint towards Black Rook Hold.

However, they kept all those lines nebulous enough that they can add stuff later that fits with them. Like 'real' prophecies ^^ Vague lines and the brain fills the rest. They just need to add some things that seem plausible to many brains

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more possible explanation, in the event that they are connected, is that someone at Blizzard created this questline BECAUSE of the quote, instead of it being thought out over 6 years ahead of time
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    The more possible explanation, in the event that they are connected, is that someone at Blizzard created this questline BECAUSE of the quote, instead of it being thought out over 6 years ahead of time
    this is what I thought too... but how awesome is that? if I worked at Blizzard, this is something I would have done, myself. lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falynn1 View Post
    this is what I thought too... but how awesome is that? if I worked at Blizzard, this is something I would have done, myself. lol
    I like it personally, if that's what happened. Cool way to continue the story
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The words of the Puzzle-Box were with me when I did the Uuna event involving rescuing her shade from the Pale-looking shadowy assailants that moved towards her.

"There is a little lamb lost in dark woods."

The atmosphere was dark and oppressive, a masterwork of understated horror.

"Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest."

And another utterance as well, from Xal'atoh back in MoP:

"When you'll walk among the black forest, you will see."

Ny'alotha must truly be a terrible place indeed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    I found the Uuna questline on the whole to be extremely dark for WoW standards. I mean, we've had Pamela in the Plaguelands, but a little girl whose soul and body were tormented and turned into an ur'zul and her spirit sent to 'eternal' darkness (it's only not eternal because we find her, and she is still trusting and compassionate enough to reach out to us when we /cry) with the shadows haunting her and chasing her constantly... that's a new level of 'dark'.

I really hope they keep this up for when we get to the void/shadow themes. And not only in threats we have to fight, but also with the kind of fighting we had to do for Uuna. It was utterly futile and the shadows would have consumed her anyway if we hadn't both escaped at the right time. All our great power, our super-weapon, all our skill couldn't have rescued Uuna. Not even the Light itself could. Only our and her trust and compassion could.

Now imagine the same situation with the PC in the dark place and only an enemy there to come to the rescue. Hah! Or an enemy who needs our help and we can decide if we save him or leave him to eternal torment.

I think the box had a lot of stuff that shouldn't be taken to heart, but Blizzard sometimes can go back and get inspiration from it. They most likely planned to eventually do a dark forest, and tie it in with Old God expansion, but I doubt they planned it out like this, so long ago.

I'm sure they have like a huge board with tons of settings and themes waiting for the right time to drop them, and decided now was the time to take down "Dark Forest+Death" theme down. I'm sure "Volcano+Black Dragon" is coming next expansion.

I think Legion has shown that they've done a remarkably good job at bringing in disparate plot threads that may or may not have been planned all along and making it seem like they were.

Everything coming from old gods is always tentatively true as Blizzard can always say they tossed in a few lies and half-truths just to screw with us. Just look at most of what Il'gynoth said and how it can be interpreted at least 5 ways each. 5 pillars? A circle of stars? "Her third death"? A boy-king? A woman whose "heart is a crater"? With them even going as far as to occasionally seed more possibilities such as the discussion with Alleria in Stormwind. They do this on purpose.

Puzzle Box: Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-04-14 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the uuna quest line btw? is that in BfA? or somewhere in legion expac?

Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    its more of an series of events and less of a quest line.
    its been live for awhile
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    It's a questline in Legion

Here's a guide to it. Spoilers! :
    http://www.wowhead.com/uuna-storyline-a-dark-place

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the info =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Yup this is more likely for sure. However, we can't deny the possibility that Blizzard can plan for something for years. One example is the return of Deathwing in Cataclysm it was foreshadowed in TBC expansion in the Netherwing reputation questline by Sinestra in her elven form.