Any tips for the Mistweaver Mage Tower?

Besides not wiping endlessly to the very smart scripted ally AI to make the tower even more easier /sarcasm what tips do any of you have for the mage tower? The first part is very difficult and i find myself constantly wiping to either the mage while the warrior is CC’d or vice versa. If not that then I have trouble with one of the last stages involving the MC’d phase or the boss itself. iLvl as of this OP is 936 using the EZmode non-fisting weaving build.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Para the archer leg sweep the mage after he casts a few times. You should get a blade dance at the same time you leg sweep. Kite the dancer when he's after you using transfer to slow him. Dps as much as possible so you're team doesn't take so much damage.

Last phase lust, Thunder tea and eff 2 and gift 1. Second revival and eff pop chi-ji. Essence front will help keep your team topped. Shouldn't have much trouble with it once you get the hang of all the pulls.
    Last edited by Zenrx; 2018-04-13 at 01:20 AM.

First phase:

As the poster said above, save Paralysis for the Archers, if you can't get it hide behind Jarod and put an EnvM on him.
    Don't Leg Sweep the mage until his stacks get high, in the 4-5 range. If you have DBM it'll tell you when stacks get high.
    Final wave I used Drums here, Leg Sweep early and dps the mage as much as possible while hiding behind Jarod, use TFT>EnvM whoever got sting'd and kill mage asap. Once mage is dead it's easy.

Ghost waves fight:

Second hardest, or the hardest part of the challenge depending on who you ask.

Wave 1, I used Prolonged before pull, when the team started attacking each other I popped Chi-Ji, TFT>ReM on the team.
    When ghosts became active I popped Drums again (wait out the debuff from phase 1 after you beat the Inquisitor phase), used EF and started pumping Vivifies into the ghosts as fast as possible.

Between waves I healed the team up.

Wave 2, I used Revival, EF, spammed Vivifies.

Wave 3, I put Life Cocoon on one ghost, EF, TFT>EnvM on 2nd ghost, spammed Vivifies, this should get you all 8 if you did this properly.

If you get 2 adds you're fine, if you get 3 it's probably a wipe since you're out of CDs.

Final fight it's all about debuff management, drums again, your dps doesn't matter much here but it will up for team's dps. Just keep yourself at 50% hp with the fire patches, and don't use Prydaz in this part of the fight.
    Last edited by Myta; 2018-04-13 at 08:42 AM.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    I will say, don't paralysis the mage ever, if you do the friendly AI wonder off. - monk is very easy to kite the adds when they fixate you, What with roll + your spirit slowing anyone that walks though it down it should be easy enough to kite them.

As others have said nuke the mage as soon as possible and use leg sweep to make him drop his stacks.
    If you're not confident in the fight you can drums the P1 when you feel its giving you the most problems, and then wait for the de-buff to drop during one of the pause moments before the final fight.

Chi burst can be used on the glowing green balls to get up the stairs easy.
    The information Myta gave about the ghost waves is good, I used hyper chicken to do one of the waves and just healed the "friendly's" at the start, but I'm sure either will work. remember you can drink after the ghosts and before the boss if you need to (as well as change gear if u need).

Good luck, its worth it the weapon looks great!

Just spam vivify like 99% and wear prydaz.

Honestly that's all there is to it. The rest is mana management.

lol. why u care about mw mage tower? u wont play this xxxx in bfa.

First Part..

Prydaz if you have it.

DBM Mage Tower addon (makes life a looot easier as I discovered after I did the healing challenge and went on to do the tank and dps ones - if I had it for the MW one, my life would have been much easier).

Never Para the mage. Use leg sweep at 4 or so stacks. I tended to Para the archer or one of the rogue dudes. Keep dps up on the mage as much as possible. If the archer targets you, have the warrior npc between you and it if you cannot use para on it.

Kite the rogue when you can. Use your trans and kite the rogue through it for the slow.

Try to save your c/d's for the last two rounds in the first part. I lusted on the second last batch of the adds, as they were the ones that gave me the most grief going into the last batch. When they were killed, I mana'ed up, took a few deep breaths after the stress of that phase to steady my nerves, ate a cookie (I shit you not, the cookie helped) and pressed on.

The first part is the hardest part of all. It is stressful and annoying as hell. So take your time learning it. Take breaks, walk away from it and do something else and then try again when the frustration eases a bit.

Middle Parts..

Change your gear around for some dps if you can. Prydaz is good here too as you can take a few extra hits from the eyes as you nuke them down one by one. I used CJL for those and tried to keep some distance from them before they blew up. Nuke the bats with CJL too, and I just put all dps into the other adds, focusing on the caster first (spinning crane kick is good here for aoe).

When you get to the point where you need to dispel and heal the adds, I target the feared npc first, then opened the gate and dispelled when the feared npc was within range of my dispel. TFT, double RM, EF and vivify. Para the archer here too to give you a bit more time if you can, or legsweep.

Mana up, change gear again and prepare for the next phase. Also gives you time for lust to drop off.

The Ghost and Final Phase..

I used crazy birds for this phase, and put on aoe healing trinkets and legendaries. Try to make sure the mages are healed up and the archers as much as you humanly can. Chi-ji was used on the 3rd or 4th round from memory (been a while) and then revival towards the end of it because I was a bit oom by that point. If any get through, don't freak out. Just treat it like in the first part of the challenge. Legsweep the mages, para the archer and kite the rogues if any get through. I did lust here the first time I got to this phase, but in the end, for the kill, I saved lust for the last phase. My advice here though, focus the mages and archers first and foremost for healing.

Quickly mana up as soon as you can as the next phase starts fairly quickly. I wore Prydaz and the boots for this bit and lusted, potted and went nuts on the boss with as much dps as I could. Heal the NPC's up to full, keep your health at around 50% or so with the fire patches and CJL the boss at every opportunity. Small heals on yourself, only bring your health down just before he's about to leap, and stand near the fire and dip in and out of it to control your health. I also made use of personals here too and rotated through them to allow me to dps the boss as much as I could.

My issue with the last part when I did it was the boss kept bugging out. He despawned a couple of times (leading me to nearly just giving up as I stopped myself from ripping out my hair), but I believe those bugs are fixed now.

Good luck!

para arche, stun mage when blade dancer is casted. spam vivif, dont worry about mana,
    keep coco for last phrase. revive for 2 blade dancer.

use crackling jade lightning if you do not good at fistweave
    Last edited by Sinorita; 2018-04-15 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just have to know the fight so good that you don't panic in P1.
    I tried to dps very hard in P1. Be sure to have a legsweep for the two Bladedancers.
    Just watch the friendly HP Pools. I often just dps'd the mage,and only used para when the damage was getting too high. If you don't have Para up for the archer just stand behind the tank. However I almost never had to do that.

When you managed the first phase you will just need a few tries to beat this challenge.

With 935 i overgeared the challenge but it's still not a faceroll challenge.
    Dps as mush as u can, it helps a ton.
    I saved chi ji for wave4 than on eave 5 i used bloodlust + all mybother cooldowns.
    I messed up last phse because I was healing myself too much. If you stay at 50% health it will be ok.
    First time healing on a monk, it's weird compared to other healing specs. But with 10-15 tries I understood it.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I actually would advise that you do NOT "dps as much as you can" during phase 1. The only add that HAS to die asap and you NEED to dps is the mage. The other adds are fairly easy to deal with and there is no need to be bursting them down. I actually found myself dying from pumping out too much dps because i would get the next wave with no stun or para off cooldown. If you don't dps and you let your allies do the damage, you can recover some mana and make sure your short CC cooldowns are back up for the next wave. This is critical. Don't get caught like I did pushing waves so fast that your CC isn't back up.

Deleted
    I did the challenge without Prydaz, which makes it even more important to kite the Melee adds when they focus on you. Use transendence if you can. If you overgear the challenge a bit, then you should watch your health in the last phase - don't get above 3 Million HP if the bomb is about to go off. Good thing about the monk is, that you can roll out of green pools easily, minimising ticks, so you can keep your health low without risking dying compared to other healers. I also used drums for the final phase, so my stupid AI companions kill the final boss a bit quicker, and contributed some DPS myself. Had plenty of free space left when the challenge was done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trody905 View Post
    I actually would advise that you do NOT "dps as much as you can" during phase 1. The only add that HAS to die asap and you NEED to dps is the mage. The other adds are fairly easy to deal with and there is no need to be bursting them down. I actually found myself dying from pumping out too much dps because i would get the next wave with no stun or para off cooldown. If you don't dps and you let your allies do the damage, you can recover some mana and make sure your short CC cooldowns are back up for the next wave. This is critical. Don't get caught like I did pushing waves so fast that your CC isn't back up.
    This was also my experience. I did as much dps on the mage as I could, because this add has to die quickly, also the archer because of the mana sting. But if you only have one melee add left, you can take your time, regenerate mana a bit and heal up your allies, sit and wait for leg sweep to get off CD; also get into a good position. So - burst at the beginning of the phase is OK, but you can slow down before you get into the next wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best tip you can get is get 950+ ilvl gear and just faceroll through entire thing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Best tip you can get is get 950+ ilvl gear and just faceroll through entire thing.
    Wrong. While having a high item level will certainly make certain parts easier, it is simply NOT a substitute for doing the mechanics correctly. You can't outgear the mana sting, can't outgear the mage stacks, can't outgear the final phase. In fact, a very high health pool might actually make the final phase even harder because your allies don't scale with your gear and if you have 6.5M hp, half of that is still 3.25M which will nearly 1 shot your team with the debuff explosion.

TLDR: Gear will help in some parts but even item level 985 won't make it a mindless faceroll. Correct execution of mechanics and proper cooldown management will literally always be required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trody905 View Post
    Wrong. While having a high item level will certainly make certain parts easier, it is simply NOT a substitute for doing the mechanics correctly. You can't outgear the mana sting, can't outgear the mage stacks, can't outgear the final phase. In fact, a very high health pool might actually make the final phase even harder because your allies don't scale with your gear and if you have 6.5M hp, half of that is still 3.25M which will nearly 1 shot your team with the debuff explosion.

TLDR: Gear will help in some parts but even item level 985 won't make it a mindless faceroll. Correct execution of mechanics and proper cooldown management will literally always be required.
    I remember taking me like 40+ tries on my MW back in late April of last year when MT came out and did it a few months ago on my Resto Dru and Shaman who are 940ish and one shotted easily. The hardest part was the last phase because my HP worked against me which I never saw on my MW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vkylwov View Post
    lol. why u care about mw mage tower? u wont play this xxxx in bfa.
    What do you even mean by that? You assuming no one will play BfA because it'll be a bad expansion?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama