Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    This "nerf" has been peanuts compared to years past. In WoD, the ring rose to ridiculous power levels and years before that, they gradually nerfed up to 30%. The wf/tf system has left me going for months without an upgrade and the Pantheon trinkets are relatively weak. This has been the slowest nerf mechanic to an end raid yet.
    Don't forget the Concordance! I'm sure Blizzard also considers it a "self nerf" mechanic, even though it's almost meaningless at this point.

Deleted
    Big problem with having wf/tf being the source of constant nerfs is the RNG in the system. I have a bunch of 970-980 helmets including tier helmet but I have only +5 ilvl on my bracers from when I was doing Mythic ToS, same with my boots and a few of my relics. And that relics is really RNG with the NLC doesnt help either. I have really high versatility belt and a bunch of 965 with socket rings but they are also all versatility which is my worst stat by far. If it had been non RNG upgrades so I could choose where my upgrades were I would be so much stronger right now and its the same for lots of other raiders in my guild. Getting my fourth 970 helmet from heroic isnt gonna help when I cant get even a good 960 relic(due to NLC) from Mythic.

Damn our Shadow Priest is the most unlucky person I have seen, he still has a stupid 935 haste neck cause he cant get any upgrades in that slot despite having 980 in other pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    "They try to establish a system in which a raid will nerf itself over time through titanforging or artifact power."

From the recent interview. I just don't get it...why? is it necessary ? I mean isn't gearing up by itself is a nerf to all encounters?
    Obviously it isn't enough of a nerf. That's because the differences in player skill/persistence is greater than the different in gear between one tier and the next.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

They just mean titanforging is a replacement for gear upgrades.

It's RNG instead of being linear.

But it serves the same purpose.

And keep people playing because you're not done after 4 weeks and bank up valor points.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-04-14 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheor View Post
    It keeps people playing... Therefore keeps money flowing, if there was no warforge or TF, you would get all your gear and have no reason to keep raiding. With it people keep raiding for that off chance of an upgrade. How I see it anyways.
    TF didn't exist from the launch of Classic to the release of Throne of Thunder, the 2nd raid of MoP. Ppl still kept raiding until the release of the new tier, so this argument is invalid.

If anything, getting Mythic gear felt much better back then, because you knew that it was the best you could get. Now, anything that's not a high Titanforge, feels like a disappointment, because you know that "it could have been much better".
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    It keeps people playing... Therefore keeps money flowing, if there was no warforge or TF, you would get all your gear and have no reason to keep raiding. With it people keep raiding for that off chance of an upgrade. How I see it anyways.
    titanforging actually stopped a lot of people from playing tho, no reason to play in the hope of lucking every piece - many progress guilds atleast literally dont give a shit about it and just cut raids even once they were done.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    titanforging actually stopped a lot of people from playing tho, no reason to play in the hope of lucking every piece - many progress guilds atleast literally dont give a shit about it and just cut raids even once they were done.
    Why would anyong quit over titanforging. TF itself is a nerf and it's free damage. Pretty sad tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations 45 View Post
    Why would anyong quit over titanforging. TF itself is a nerf and it's free damage. Pretty sad tbh.
    Its more that people dont give a shit about it.
    Got a tf? Sure its nice.
    Wanna do the same content over and over for nothing in the hope of Tf? Hell no.

Targets most raiders that finished progress and after that dont really care anymore as legion is over.

Uh people raided before TF/WF was a thing. And WoW was even more popular back then too. So I don't see the point of this statement.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Uh people raided before TF/WF was a thing. And WoW was even more popular back then too. So I don't see the point of this statement.
    Having a goal that can be achieved is what keeps people playing - for example full WF gear in siege.
    But if you have an insanely unrealistic "cap" like currently (have fun getting full 985 etc) many many people decide to just stop bothering completely.

Not really hard to understand yet people seem to not get it.

Having a goal that can be achieved is what keeps people playing - for example full WF gear in siege.
    But if you have an insanely unrealistic "cap" like currently (have fun getting full 985 etc) many many people decide to just stop bothering completely.

Not really hard to understand yet people seem to not get it.
    Idk my only goals in raiding is the end boss. Gear is just a side thing you obtain while grinding.
    Retired boomer.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk my only goals in raiding is the end boss. Gear is just a side thing you obtain while grinding.
    Let's not pretend that disenchanting all drops from a new kill - because you already got TF pieces from lower difficulties - doesn't affect the enjoyment. Loot might not be primary goal for some, but we all like it. Right now, it's a total lottery... and that's not even getting into relics, which have yet another layer of randomness attached. Gearing got really weird in Legion.

Deleted
    I mean i literally have this at the end of my sentence before "Targets most raiders that finished progress and after that dont really care anymore as legion is over."
    Yet you talk about end bosses.

Please read stuff before using your own reasoning.

I mean i literally have this at the end of my sentence before "Targets most raiders that finished progress and after that dont really care anymore as legion is over."
    Yet you talk about end bosses.

Please read stuff before using your own reasoning.
    Why? It's the internet. I can do as I please.
    Retired boomer.

U know noffin