Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How do Shadow Priests actually kill anything?

Good evening!

Tried out some shadow priest action and it got me thinking.
    How the hell do you actually kill someone with insanity?

Ironically Fear (warlock) and Psychic Scream seem to be more deadly as your hearth wont manage the huge release of adrenaline (you can fix me on that).

Yet how does shadow priest kill stuff?

Mind Sear, Mind Flay and Shadow Word: Pain could potentially kill someone, but it would be by "knock out" and then going into circulatory shock.
    But our victims usually manage to walk around a bit and chill till they fall to ground dead.

Void stuff and Mind Blast seem to me like something that "clears" electrical currents in your head, turning your head "off" for a while. Yet our victims manage to continue to function after wards, not to mention ability to walk and remember what they where doing! After having a mini coma!

You know like... Rogues stab, warriors smash, shamans electrocute, druids rake, mages freeze, warlocks burn, monks kill with alcohol poisoning and etc.
    But what do Shadow Priests do? Put vacuum in enemies heads and make them explode?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The really interesting thing is that it works the same against robots and golems.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    They fill your mind with goatses and tubgirls until you just can't handle it anymore.

I've always headcanoned that S Priests make things kill themselves or mentally torture them with thoughts and images most mortals can't tolerate, like the vast emptiness of the void or the opening credits to an Anime cartoon.

Since i suffer from heavy migraines and clusterheadaches i always thought that shadow priests would be the absolutely scariest enemies you could encounter, if only they'd stop going for the "sacrificial cultist" fantasy and go more for the mindflayer/illusionist aesthetic.
    unimaginable pain, confusion, illusions, blackouts, trapping enemies in their own nightmares until they break down, slipping into the shadows or turning them against each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    Since i suffer from heavy migraines and clusterheadaches i always thought that shadow priests would be the absolutely scariest enemies you could encounter, if only they'd stop going for the "sacrificial cultist" fantasy and go more for the mindflayer/illusionist aesthetic.
    unimaginable pain, confusion, illusions, blackouts, trapping enemies in their own nightmares until they break down, slipping into the shadows or turning them against each other.
    Yeah. this makes sense, but the operative words are "turn them against each other". Problem is - they die on the spot :/

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Yeah. this makes sense, but the operative words are "turn them against each other". Problem is - they die on the spot :/
    yeah, which is one of the reasons why mind control never really worked out that great in pve. but i like the idea

I'm not usually the RP type of guy but afaik void magic is the strongest form of magic in the warcraft universe. Shadowpriests main source of damage since legion is void based and shadowpriests spell inflict shadow (void) damage to the mind or core of their enemies. However using void magic is dangerous, because it is also used by old gods and the void lords, the ultimate evil of the warcraft universe and dabbing too much of the void power causes shadowpriests to go insane.

Not sure how much i got right, but that's how i understand it.

Shadowpriests theme have changed much over the years. From masters of shadow magic in vanilla through wrath to the weird mix of shadow orbs, dark archangle and devouring plague in cata until wod to the void theme we have now.

Shadowpriests also used to be very sturdy and have decent protection against melee opponents. Today melee enemies (pvp) are the nemesis of shadowpriests.
    <inactive>

The body can't live without the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I'm not usually the RP type of guy but afaik void magic is the strongest form of magic in the warcraft universe. Shadowpriests main source of damage since legion is void based and shadowpriests spell inflict shadow (void) damage to the mind or core of their enemies. However using void magic is dangerous, because it is also used by old gods and the void lords, the ultimate evil of the warcraft universe and dabbing too much of the void power causes shadowpriests to go insane.

Not sure how much i got right, but that's how i understand it.

Shadowpriests theme have changed much over the years. From masters of shadow magic in vanilla through wrath to the weird mix of shadow orbs, dark archangle and devouring plague in cata until wod to the void theme we have now.

Shadowpriests also used to be very sturdy and have decent protection against melee opponents. Today melee enemies (pvp) are the nemesis of shadowpriests.
    From what I understand the Legion do not use void magic, if anything they fear it. The quest objective Lady Heretica has the following quote about fel versus shadow/void; "Do you not see? WIthout the fel, the shadow will prevail!"

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    S Priests ... mentally torture them with thoughts and images most mortals can't tolerate, like the opening credits to an Anime cartoon.
    Holy shit I can no longer play such a monster. Much more humane to torture enemies to death with thousands of bleeding slices.

Quote Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
    From what I understand the Legion do not use void magic, if anything they fear it. The quest objective Lady Heretica has the following quote about fel versus shadow/void; "Do you not see? WIthout the fel, the shadow will prevail!"
    he never said void was used by the legion, he just stated that shadow priests use void spells since the legion expansion rework

Quote Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
    The Legion does use void magic.

You mean kill anything in PVE or PVP? PVE I have zero problem, SWP everything, VT some two mobs for the heal and bubble = dead mobs. Elites I have a problem with, Vampiric Touch doesnt heal enough and bubble gets whacked in one shot, if it wasnt for my followers I'd have to queue up for simple elites..

PVP - Shadow Priests are free HK's and every class knows this, I cant even quest without running away if I see one of the opposition because I know if they see me im dead just by them looking at me.

RP nature - think of Jean Grey.
    Last edited by kran1um; 2018-04-23 at 04:43 PM.

It's like the Matrix. If you die in it, you die IRL because "the body cannot live without the mind."

Thank you, Morpheus, for those wise words.

Similarly, if you go insane in the membrane, there's only so much the brain can handle. If by any chance your physical body lives without the brain after an expert Shadow Priest is done with you, odds are it will be a comatose fleshy mass - not good for anything - unless there happens to be a Death Knight nearby...

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sand View Post
    If by any chance your physical body lives without the brain after an expert Shadow Priest is done with you, odds are it will be a comatose fleshy mass - not good for anything - unless there happens to be a Death Knight nearby...
    http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.p...0&comic=031813
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They fill their enemies mind with simulation runs trying to optimize a Shadow Rotation and to determine BiS lists for gear, until their brains turn to mush

Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    They fill their enemies mind with simulation runs trying to optimize a Shadow Rotation and to determine BiS lists for gear, until their brains turn to mush
    Jesus christ how horrifying
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Jesus christ how horrifying
    You might even say it's Insane

You just have to live longer than your target....