Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by omegalulz View Post
    Overall the spec plays like shit, talents are shit and this is one of the worst spec gameplay in BFA.
    Bad news, but frost is like this pretty much from cataclysm. It always were about reacting to procs of rime and killing machine. Talents were always super passive, excluding breath of sindragosa era in legion.

Frost is the worst of the worst, this spec should not even exist because it is just so damn bad and boring to play in BFA. Pretty much every talents are boring, I couldn't find one interesting build to play.

Passives stacking buffs likes Inexorable Assault, Icy talents, Cold Hearth doesn't affect our gameplay in any interesting way, it's just "when x stack press this" or refresh IC every "x" to maintain higher auto-attack speed. It's not even haste like Fury's FS has to make the gameplay faster, it's just auto-attack speed that doesn't improve the gameplay at all. And about Cold Heart, I didn't mind it as a Legendary because it was on top of our existing gameplay, but seeing this thing IN the talent tree is really lame.

T2 Same boring talents, nothing to say. Same thing with Avalanche, Frozen Pulse, FS is still cool tho.
    Frostwyrm as a talent is wathever (actually have 0 hype for this), GS still here, still boring and Glacial Advance as a RP is actually a small improvement, even if I still don't like the spell itself

Icecap is still a boring talent and Obliteration is worse than Legion imo, the fact that obli still coast 2 runes during its uptime doesn't feel great and just the mecanic of this spell is a bad idea that should have been removed and remplaced with something better. And finnaly BoS is probably the most interesting spell is this whole talent tree but it's absolutely nothing new and I don't really see how it can actually be viable.

Overall the spec plays like shit, talents are shit and this is one of the worst spec gameplay in BFA.
    well they need to keep their entry level specs like frost and BM close to legion :-)

Frost is the worst of the worst, this spec should not even exist because it is just so damn bad and boring to play in BFA. Pretty much every talents are boring, I couldn't find one interesting build to play.

Passives stacking buffs likes Inexorable Assault, Icy talents, Cold Hearth doesn't affect our gameplay in any interesting way, it's just "when x stack press this" or refresh IC every "x" to maintain higher auto-attack speed. It's not even haste like Fury's FS has to make the gameplay faster, it's just auto-attack speed that doesn't improve the gameplay at all. And about Cold Heart, I didn't mind it as a Legendary because it was on top of our existing gameplay, but seeing this thing IN the talent tree is really lame.

T2 Same boring talents, nothing to say. Same thing with Avalanche, Frozen Pulse, FS is still cool tho.
    Frostwyrm as a talent is wathever (actually have 0 hype for this), GS still here, still boring and Glacial Advance as a RP is actually a small improvement, even if I still don't like the spell itself

Icecap is still a boring talent and Obliteration is worse than Legion imo, the fact that obli still coast 2 runes during its uptime doesn't feel great and just the mecanic of this spell is a bad idea that should have been removed and remplaced with something better. And finnaly BoS is probably the most interesting spell is this whole talent tree but it's absolutely nothing new and I don't really see how it can actually be viable.

Damn, you just puked your rage all over the keyboard #InternetWarrior

It doesn't look bad after the changes Frost received tbh. There's choice between talent picks and there's great synergy between talents, which is more than some specs have (Blood talents for example have very low synergy right now from what I can see).

Icy Talons does not increase Haste and just AA. This is fine because Icy Talons synergises with Runic Attenuation, Frozen Pulse (and Permafrost shield if we count defensive talents). Then Runic Attenuation synergises with many other talents (especially BoS). AA speed is useful for Frost so it doesn't have to increase haste.

The new Pillars of Frost CD is much more interesting. They finally changed what I considered one of the most boring offensive CDs in game. It's CD has been reduced as well. Unfortunately it's now on the GCD though, which I really hate.

We also get Empower Rune Weapon (or more like Hungering Rune Weapon) baseline with a perfect 2min CD for BoS.

Cold Heart in the talent tree instead of as a legendary. I agree with you here. It feels like a last minute idea the devs had to fill that talent slot. Spells which I ALWAYS use after a set amount of time are boring and repetitive.

Icecap maybe boring, but with the new Pillars of Frost it's better since the CD is more fun now and it has a shorter CD which you can make even shorter with this talent.

The new Obliteration is awesome. I love it, especially with Frost Scythe. Having Obliteration as a separate ability would have been a nightmare with these silly GCD changes.

Glacial Advance costing RP. This is a great change. Both Unholy and Frost finally have access to AoE abilities that dump RP. I think that since Frost Scythe only costs 1 rune it is possible that GA might be better than Gathering Storm for AoE. We will see after number tuning. Gathering Storm builds will probably go for Frozen Pulse/Avalanche to keep on spamming Obliterate to dump runes as fast as possible.

I think the spec looks pretty good overall. There aren't any super obvious builds like with Blood. Of course time will tell if the spec feels good or not since you can't really know until you've played it for a few weeks on live (imo at least).
    Last edited by Nayami; 2018-07-11 at 09:48 AM.

I'm hyped as hell abt frost this xpac. I do mostly m+ tho so most of my talent choices are focused around cleave and not ST like raiders. With frost scythe and the changes to GA, it should be a fun spec from what I tested on beta. Obliteration every 45 secs with scythe is awesome for mythic + trash clearing.