Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Undercity Plaguebat Mount, Warfront Testing, Voice Chat, Blue Posts, FinalBossTV DHs

Five Wallet-Friendly Witchwood Decks for the Budget Conscious

HGC at DreamHack Summer, Reddit AMA Follow-up

Overwatch Retribution Skins and Cosmetics

Battle for Azeroth - Undercity Plaguebat Mount
    The Undercity Plaguebat Mount was datamined in the Alpha and is likely to be a reward for Horde characters from doing the Battle for Lordaeron prelaunch events.

Warfront Testing (Horde) - April 17
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We're getting ready to begin our first round of public testing for the new Warfronts feature in Battle for Azeroth, and we'll need your help!

On Tuesday, April 17, starting at 1 PM Pacific time (4 PM Eastern, 10 PM CEST), we'll be enabling the first Warfront for testing. To participate, you'll need to be on a Horde character and head to Zuldazar City, where you'll find a small table you can click on and join the Warfront queue.

We'll be running this test for about 3 hours, and will be watching and participating ourselves, so we hope to see you there!

Voice Chat Now Available for Testing
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Voice chat in the Battle For Azeroth Alpha is now enabled and ready for early testing and feedback.

You'll find the voice chat controls along the left side of the text chat window, and you can configure your devices and push-to-talk in the Voice Chat section of System settings.

Please feel free to post your feedback on this new feature here in this thread.

It's worth noting that voice chat should currently only be available for players in a party channel.

We'll post here with any notable changes as we test.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Windwalker lost Effuse?
    Windwalker/Brewmaster will have a basic castable heal as before. It should be back next build. Probably will be called Vivify and not Effuse, to be consistent with the Mistweaver changes so far. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

FinalBossTV 1st Impressions of Demon Hunters in Battle for Azeroth
    FinalBossTV made a few videos recently on his first impressions for Demon Hunters in Battle for Azeroth!

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone please tell the artist(s) that, although I appreciate the thought and effort, sometimes less is more. I'd personally rather have a bat mount with cleaner lines. It looks cluttered to me as it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    Someone please tell the artist(s) that, although I appreciate the thought and effort, sometimes less is more. I'd personally rather have a bat mount with cleaner lines. It looks cluttered to me as it is right now.
    They just wanted to ensure that there was no way whatsoever this mount's faction and race affiliation could ever be questioned or missed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

At least it is a seldom used model for player mounts. We are on our umpteenth hippogryph....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draziusk View Post
    At least it is a seldom used model for player mounts. We are on our umpteenth hippogryph....
    It's used for the felbat, the rare drop argus demon mounts, and the Antorus raid mounts, as well as being visually similar in stature to the gronnling and yeti mounts.

Now I get why blizzard is reusing the rig and animations, but it's a very specific body shape that they're using for several different mounts. Which makes it a little tiresome, especially when the forsaken bats have never used the armed model before. Frankly, I think they should have done a recolor of the store mount.

A hippogryph is just going to look and fly like a hippogryph.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    It is a Horde mount. Gotta have spikes on spikes.

Add in few goth candles for Forsaken aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Draziusk View Post
    Checked ingame. There's 9 hippogryphs. On the other hand there's 19 talbuks and 27 drakes.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Voicechat? Didn't they have that before? And then abandoned it because it was a huge fail (and everyone just used their own preferred voicechat, like Mumble and stuff)? Why is it back?

Deleted
    Is it just me or is mmo champion very slow at datamining & previewing new content lately? Wowhead posted a bat mount preview a week(?) ago and generally provides us with more information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, I can skip the DH mount quest I wasn't going to do anyway because the mount (likewise with the warrior one, plus I hate proto drakes) looked stupid as hell.

I like hippogryphs though and I can have that on my pally at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Voicechat? Didn't they have that before? And then abandoned it because it was a huge fail (and everyone just used their own preferred voicechat, like Mumble and stuff)? Why is it back?
    This time they have actual working tech for it (it's yoinked straight from Overwatch now).

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this the third time they've tried to make their in game voice chat a thing? It's been in game since BC. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_2.2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Where Alliance's cool mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Where Alliance's cool mount?
    We get the hippo! Can it get more cool than that?

That mount is sexy, too bad undead player models are horrendous even after the WoD model revamps.

Voice chat ingame will be cool . Sometimes I prefer to speak than write .

It will be nicer to mount and explore the world than to interact with it, with new barebone classes
    Actually i wonder if only watching various cinematics wont be enough of discovering the new territories/races and so on, because at class level nothing is new from lvl 100.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    We get the hippo! Can it get more cool than that?
    Alliance will get another steed probably. That hippo is too cool to be just an event mount

Really? Horde playing complaining about their mount.
    Yes, it's not a new model, but it's still a new mount model.
    Even if it got an update, we've had the hippogryph since what, TBC?

Deleted
    I actually quite like this. Too bad I main Alliance...