Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Physically? I guess it could move to a new datacenter.
    Thread closed, internet won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Little spam:

But I think now that Blizzard can do whatever they want.

We can also check other planets, such as Xoroth etc.
    omg I had exactly this on my mind when I saw the new Bfa map. xD
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

We have Star Destroyers now. So anywhere is possible. Not to mention magical portals. Oh and new land just seems to appear all the time.

Seems like anything can happen.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2018-04-16 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Shadowlands seems ideal for Return of the Lich King expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Two words: global warming.
    Two words: Hasn’t happened.
    Last edited by Monkeymoo; 2018-04-16 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    to Space... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP in that any of the old continents could be reused. With the new tech such as Silithus with the old/new zone, and the phasing they're using, nothing would stop people leveling through Northrend for example at 70-80, and then again a 120+ with the new story. Or just make all zones scale so new players can experience all the old content.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    lol math fail
    I’m pretty certain “hasn’t” counts as one word. Unless you meant yourself
    Last edited by Monkeymoo; 2018-04-16 at 07:57 PM.

Everquest faced this same problem, running out of continents many many years ago.

They went to:
    - the moon
    - the Gods' home planes (this counts for like 7 expansions, in various ways)
    - randomly-generated dungeons
    - new continents on the opposite side of the main world
    - another planet
    - a Cataclysm-style revamp of ancient zones
    - underwater cities
    - familiar zones in a dystopian future
    - a vast underground
    - a bunch of zones connected to previous zones that just showed up for no reason (counts for like 5 separate expansions)
    - yet another new continent formerly hidden in the mists (note this expansion released 2011, a year before MoP)
    - a revamp of the first expansion
    - a revamp of a bunch of zones from the first expansion missed in the previous expansion

... and that's where we currently stand in 2018, after 24, yes twenty-freaking-four, expansions.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-04-16 at 08:02 PM.

Underground areas or other realms, like the emerald dream or firelands. A whole ‘continent’ like Deepholm would be cool.

Or if they played it safe then just another landmass, either on Azeroth, Draenor or elsewhere.

They could always shoot a copy up to the International Space Station.

We have the entire cast of planets that we've been to. We could still explore the remainder of Draenor and Outland. Also all of the demon home planets. We killed their top commanders, but their home planets and other occupied planets remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Warcraft Chronicle has shown us the map of Azeroth before The Sundering though, right? It's just Kalimdor, and that broke off into everything we've seen so far. I don't think there's "another side" to Azeroth after all.
    Warcraft Chronicle also didn't have Zandalar, Kul'Tiras or the broken Isle zones when it debuted.

It, like the game, is growing and shouldn't be taken as the lore bible when it comes to maps and locations

I'd love to go back to Northrend but underground with the Nerubian Empire. Could be a big threat but not something insanely big like Legion/Old Gods. Then as others said, the other side of the planet. Also would love to explore new planets. The Legion still has some forces out there as well as the Void Lords. We could go to a new planet, which would hopefully let them give us more than 3-6 zones for a expansion, would love 10+. Both factions meet surviving races of said planets, free them from various bad guys, add them to our forces. We then hope to another planet, rinse and repeat, until we eventually deal with the Void Lords backed by the Naa'ru and multiple planets. It would allow them to make new lore w/o butchering the current lore more than they already have. It would mean new races, maybe new classes over time, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I'm all about these ideas, especially the moons. I was just thinking about this last night. What's up there? I'm also all for revisiting phased versions of old zones. I'm sick of this linear progression from one continent to the next, completely ignoring all the potential conflicts and storylines of past locations. It makes the world feel way too static and artificial. Then again, I'm not sure how most players feel about going back to old zones. Thoughts?
    I would not sub for an expansion that had no new territory. It's important for me to see new continents. I don't mind if, like BfA, it amounts to side content equivalent to a patch zone. But exploration is absolutely necessary to keep the game interesting for me.

I want an underground expansion, which can draw from a lot of sources: the Nerubians, Old Gods and Void, titanic and robotic races, primordial Land of the Lost, roots of the world trees, elemental planes, Azeroth herself, etc.

We have moons though... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Portland, Oregon.

I'd like to see official outland getting an update. If guldans staff can shatter it, surely there's something that can pull it back together. Would be cool to see the void completely overtake nether storm and the moknathal be built up significantly

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Didn't blizzard employees say there is a back side to Azeroth? The reason no one has ever bothered to sail West of Kalimdor or East out of Eastern Kingdoms was because ships were never seen again.
    I'd love if we sailed west next expansion and find some new civilization like the Atlantis in the Disney Atlantis novie that's using thier tech to fight against the old gods and viewed us as corrupted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Everquest faced this same problem, running out of continents many many years ago.

They went to:
    - the moon
    - the Gods' home planes (this counts for like 7 expansions, in various ways)
    - randomly-generated dungeons
    - new continents on the opposite side of the main world
    - another planet
    - a Cataclysm-style revamp of ancient zones
    - underwater cities
    - familiar zones in a dystopian future
    - a vast underground
    - a bunch of zones connected to previous zones that just showed up for no reason (counts for like 5 separate expansions)
    - yet another new continent formerly hidden in the mists (note this expansion released 2011, a year before MoP)
    - a revamp of the first expansion
    - a revamp of a bunch of zones from the first expansion missed in the previous expansion

... and that's where we currently stand in 2018, after 24, yes twenty-freaking-four, expansions.
    Honestly most of these sound great, lmao