Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Retribution is... underwhelming at best.

In comparison to the previous one i found this year's story mode event to be lackluster. It's basically nothing but 2-3 corridors and an extraction which cuts the action short. You can literally choose when to stop the event. It feels so... underwhelming.
    Oh well at least the Moira skin is nice.
    For the Glory of Mankind

Deleted
    I didn't play last year so this is 2 new game modes + all the variations for me. I'm happy!

Deleted
    last year's event was way more polished ... the sound the 0R14 makes still gives me the creeps

i like this years event more than last years
    uprising feels way to long compared to retribution

PVE in Overwatch is always boring.

Yeah, this is fairly short and pretty poor in my opinion. Compared to the other events its lackluster.

Signature Created by Jassinta

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was fun as shit tbh.
    BAD WOLF

I don't know much about it, I just want that Moira skin.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    In comparison to the previous one i found this year's story mode event to be lackluster. It's basically nothing but 2-3 corridors and an extraction which cuts the action short. You can literally choose when to stop the event. It feels so... underwhelming.
    Oh well at least the Moira skin is nice.
    its more like 30 rooms but no one has ever let facts stop them from being negative
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I felt like it was pretty underwhelming too. My biggest issue is how short it is.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    I mean, it's called Retribution. It was destined to be flashy yet underwhelming. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue was that it ends so suddenly, no huge boss or feeling of being overwhelmed by hordes of enemies. Just, get on the ship when you're good and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    My only issue was that it ends so suddenly, no huge boss or feeling of being overwhelmed by hordes of enemies. Just, get on the ship when you're good and ready.
    Most of my groups stay longer after the ship's arrived because they wanted something more.

Only done normal, hard and wiped on expert so far. Overall it's nice, the interactions are funny (especially Mccree's bad mood). I agree that the ending was lackluster. It would have been better if there was a big boss prior to the airship arriving. The character selection is interesting as well ! Reminded me of those co-op games.

Best scene of this mode : Reyes not giving a damn and shotgunning the guy in the face in the intro.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I like it more than the old one tbh. It's faster paced and the mobs are more fun to fight, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Most of my groups stay longer after the ship's arrived because they wanted something more.
    I've been getting this too. I wonder if there's a secret achievement for defeating X extra waves?

I agree with the sentiment that a boss fight would've been nice (or have 2 of each elite spawn at once for the finale), but otherwise it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    I've been getting this too. I wonder if there's a secret achievement for defeating X extra waves?
    Nope, just these.

Into the Shadows - Complete Retribution on Hard difficulty.
    A Quiet Night - Complete Retribution on Expert difficulty.
    Plausible Deniability - Complete Retribution on Legendary difficulty.
    The Venice Incident - Complete Retribution with each of the 4 heroes.
    Redacted - Complete Retribution (All Heroes) with 8 different heroes.
    Clean Getaway - Complete Retribution on Expert difficulty with no incapacitations.

Do you get a bigger score if you stay and fight a bit before taking the ship ?

Another question, can you destroy the enemy airships ? So far they only appear damaged with some explosions in their reactors, but they don't blow up.
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2018-04-11 at 04:58 AM. Reason: added another question
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its far better designed then the first game.

Even its harder modes seem much more fair. The previous one is chalk full of bullshit, and
    a useless hero (Tracer).