Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs down Killing Spree: the most useless/dangerous it's ever been?

Time was, I had to be careful of using Killing Spree because the boss/trash might have their back to a ledge or bridge or something... but that was it. Good for the odd laugh, but that's all.

Then there came Glyphs, which allowed us to decide when we wanted KS to return us to where we were or not. That was nice.

But now... look at Killing Spree:

1. We return to our original position wether we want to or not. LOCKED.

2. We hit the back AND THE FRONT of the boss, meaning we can be killed by the boss cleave or attacks.

3. We're no longer immune to interrupts, so KS can be wasted by the unpredictable Fear or knockback or whatever.

4. I think we also were able to use abilities or spells during KS. I remember being annoyed when they changed it so KS eseentially stuns you for 3secs.

It just feels like Killing Spree has gotten worse and worse over time, to the point that the old "Killing Spree killed me" joke is no longer a joke because it literally puts you in front of the boss now, can't be used if the boss is being moved, and can't be used when the boss does... almost anything.

I just miss the days where I could time KS to be used just as the boss fears the whole raid, and swapping out the KS Glyph because I know it would be better to be teleported back to my spot just for this one fight. And how Killing Spree meant I'd be hitting the BACK of the boss, not their front. I mean.. why would any of your spells do that?

I actually like(d) this spell. Ofcourse I got killed by it couple of times but for the most part it was my own mistake. I don't know how to fix moving part but a point in a good direction would be giving us immunity during KSing. Since that would be kinda OP in PVP , they could adjust it somehow as they have divided PVE from PVE to a certain point. Maybe lowering immunity time or whatever. Killing Spree was a spell that was defining Combat Rogue (Outlaw) and Iwould like to see it become baseline with before mentioned changes.
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

While I'm not a Rogue main, I have done some dumb shit with it. My favorite is when I try to use it on something in mid-air, but they're flying in front of a platform I'm standing on, so... I just fall, fall, fall. XD Always curious to know if you KS/SS a target in midair with no stand-able ground beneath them, which ones will let you do it (and fall) and which ones just keep you where you are because they're hard-coded to do so.

Also yes, Glyphs were awesome when they actually did something more than just cosmetic. I miss the whole "modifying your spells" thing. Doesn't have to be a damage boost or anything (e.g., Prime Glyphs), but the Majors were pretty awesome.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Killing Spree has always been in a weird place. I thought it worked well enough in WotLK but they've fucked with it so much over the years that at this point it's almost a fucking liability to play with.

It's the ultimate Rogue class fantasy-type attack, though. I'd like to see them rework it and make i t work slightly differently (if they have to) so that it'd viable and doesn't get you fucked over so often. I honestly see nothing wrong with it making you unstoppable by enemies (make it stoppable by player attacks just for balance reasons).

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing Spree certainly isn't as good or versatile as it used to be. The fact it now places you back where you were when you cast it, whilst I would love to have the old version back, I can completely understand why Blizzard made the change and that's the fact it could be used to bypass doors, which Blizzard tried to fix many times and failed. The shame is that the old version was a better gap closer, and in some circumstances could be used to save the Rogue from death, Combat Rogues using it to escape Val'kyr deaths on LK springs to mind as an example of that.

I most miss the immunity to CC it granted, Combat/Outlaw relies a great deal on it's burst, and to be able to cancel out one of the two major CD's so easy was a bit of a blow. I also still can't help but feel the change was somewhat of a knee-jerk reaction to Combat suddenly becoming very strong in Arenas at the time and becoming the FOTM class, combined with not many people knowing how to deal with a Combat Rogue due to how uncommon they were until then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretending like Killing Spree hasn’t always been a near gimmick spell: Priceless

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While I'm not a Rogue main, I have done some dumb shit with it. My favorite is when I try to use it on something in mid-air, but they're flying in front of a platform I'm standing on, so... I just fall, fall, fall. XD Always curious to know if you KS/SS a target in midair with no stand-able ground beneath them, which ones will let you do it (and fall) and which ones just keep you where you are because they're hard-coded to do so.

Also yes, Glyphs were awesome when they actually did something more than just cosmetic. I miss the whole "modifying your spells" thing. Doesn't have to be a damage boost or anything (e.g., Prime Glyphs), but the Majors were pretty awesome.
    It used to be every target, as KS way back when it was introduced in Wrath was series of teleports. A guildie of mine used to fly up to the alliance people thinking they were safe a mile up from Ulduar's portal and drop a KS on them. First hit, drop a little, teleport back to the target, for three seconds. Was usually enough to kill anyone with neither immunities nor slowfall.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I liked the aspect of it being a dangerous ability that could kill you and you had to bring some skill to the table to use it to your advantage. It was most useful on fights where the boss had to be moved a lot (Heigan, Felmyst) or had a backdraft ability (Ji'kun) because you just had to be in melee range for a second to activate KS and that would ensure you would stick to your target for the duration. What killed it was it taking up a talent slot. Rip for good.

I mean, getting killed by our own abilities is part of the rogue class fantasy. we just do it with DFA nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Pretending like Killing Spree hasn’t always been a near gimmick spell: Priceless
    Pretending Killing has always been a gimmick spell, and didn't have good PvE output at some points: Priceless.

And that's why I'm going to use Blade Rush in BFA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Pretending Killing has always been a gimmick spell, and didn't have good PvE output at some points: Priceless.
    Quote me where I said that would you?

Quote me where I said that would you?
    It was implicit.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

If blizz cared enough they could easily do something cooler with Killing Spree. Probably have it in the "too hard" basket though and cbf

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    It was implicit.
    Er, no, it wasn't. That's just called an assumption on your part, bud.

Er, no, it wasn't. That's just called an assumption on your part, bud.
    I'm not your bud. That's just an assumption on your part.
    I would try and explain the implications of your post to you, but i honestly assume it would be wasted time.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you're going to explain to me the implications of my post?

Oh, Lord have mercy. Please, go on! Tell me what I meant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Always hated how this was moved to a talent, for all it's faults, it was a pretty iconic ability.

Killing Spree is long past its time. It should be removed from the game and be replaced by something new and actually useful.

It was given a really cool new animation and sound effects for legion but it is just way outclassed by alacrity. I'll be honest, after wrath, I thought the ability got way worse. Only ever seemed to do decent damage with red insight up.